PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Offensive Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a stupid question, but any chance we could convince the Giants to trade Nate Soldier back to us (maybe in the next couple of weeks if they continue to 'tank')?

I don't understand how to read his contract, but it seems he has a base salary of over $5 million this year, and the Giants have taken a $25 million cap hit on him this year (so I think he could fit cap wise). He is 31, and 'declining' (not a top tier tackle anymore), but would be a turn key addition to the OL as he knows the system. It could possibly solve our immediate O line issues.

Why would the Giants trade the protector of their franchise?

Maybe a stupid question, but any chance we could convince the Giants to trade Nate Soldier back to us (maybe in the next couple of weeks if they continue to 'tank')?

I don't understand how to read his contract, but it seems he has a base salary of over $5 million this year, and the Giants have taken a $25 million cap hit on him this year (so I think he could fit cap wise). He is 31, and 'declining' (not a top tier tackle anymore), but would be a turn key addition to the OL as he knows the system. It could possibly solve our immediate O line issues.

[/QUOTE]

Daniel Jones needs him can't hurt the Rookies Confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots