PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Offensive Coodinator Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the chance for those of you who have been so critical of our OC, even when we win, to strut your stuff.

Here are depth charts of the Titans. Here are the stat's of the Titans.

Please submit your OC game plan against them. Include one or two plays, fully diagramed, that will work like a charm against the Titans. Include with your diagramed play all assignments for all 11 Patriots offensive players againts the personnel groupings of the Titans. Situation: 2nd and 8 on the Patriots 32 yard line.
http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/TEN/2006/regular/

www.titansonline.com/press_box/depth_chart/index.php

OK. Great job of making the point that Josh has forgotten more about NFL game planning than nearly all of us out here (myself certainly included), put-together, know.

But that doesn't negate my right as a fan (who has followed the game for a long time and who considers himself a student of the history of the game) to say that I think our offense has looked confused at critical points this season when, in the past, we've been the ones doing the confusing and, furthermore, that the logical place to turn for an explanation is to our pre-game and intra-game planning, i.e, to the OC. If the criterion for expressing an opinion, assuming that it is put forth respectfully, is Coach-like knowledge, then we should all leave this board.

Its not the winning that is the problem with Josh, but you will never get it because you have a personal agenda to fulfill.

Now that is one of the funniest thing I have read all night. I am the one with the agenda.

Fortunately, Josh appears to, fially, bve learning...
And calling me "stupid, Is a violation of forum rules that has a banning clause for doing it.

I can't say stupid, but you can make personal threats to many people. Now that is funny as well. This is great stuff. You are a legend in you own mind and your mind only.

Got anything intelligent to say?

so what is the difference between this post and me calling you stupid? Nothing. It's all semantics. Sweet, I will gladly be ban and take you with me for the better of this board. Bring it baby.

OK. Great job of making the point that Josh has forgotten more about NFL game planning than nearly all of us out here (myself certainly included), put-together, know.

But that doesn't negate my right as a fan (who has followed the game for a long time and who considers himself a student of the history of the game) to say that I think our offense has looked confused at critical points this season when, in the past, we've been the ones doing the confusing and, furthermore, that the logical place to turn for an explanation is to our pre-game and intra-game planning, i.e, to the OC. If the criterion for expressing an opinion, assuming that it is put forth respectfully, is Coach-like knowledge, then we should all leave this board.

I will agree that sometimes our offense has, at times, looked confused. There are many factors to that. Players not know what hey are suppose to do,and should. Just poor execution. And, give credit to the other teams coaches and player for being professionals and doing a good job.

The game plans are not put together by Josh in a vaccum. BB has major imput and #12 does too. Notice how close Josh stands to BB during the game, unlike Charlie. This tells me that BB is keeping him on a short leash and can over rule any play that's called.

I'm just getting very sick of coming to this board after every game and regardless of what the guys does there are the same lame brains bashing him.

The game plans are not put together by Josh in a vaccum. BB has major imput and #12 does too. Notice how close Josh stands to BB during the game, unlike Charlie. This tells me that BB is keeping him on a short leash and can over rule any play that's called.

And this is a good thing. It's the guys first year. It will take time, but hey congrats on 11 wins.

So, that is your intent, all along, right? Well, if I were you, I would think before I post.

In reality, it is you, along with a couple of your cohorts, who have brought this board down from where it always had been, and willbe again...You always manage to interject into several threads a personal attack, or a baiting post...and a lot more have seen it and a lot more are reporting it...

The only thing that has brought this board down is your trash. My intent is to talk about the Pats and football logically, but you cannot do this. All you can discuss is your fantasy world. Reality really stinks for you

Youdo what you want, but all I can say is, if you care at all about this forum, you better change your course of action and start by getting your personal agenda, and vendetta against me, finished. Just a word of advice...it ssomething you have broujght with you from another place, and quite frankly, it wont be tolerated much longer.

Do what you think you have to do...but take a word of advice....and thats all I am saying.

I will do what I want. I do not care about your whining or your threats. If Ian will not ban you he certainly will not ban me. Keep your advice to yourself. Bring anything you want. I can outrun your diaper-filled wheelchair anytime. I don't care about your threats and nobody else does either. Bring whatever you want Grampa. And I do fully expect you to deny you just threatened me. It's all your typical behavior.

No Madden plays? Well that eliminates about 95% of formations in the NFL. Save for the fact that Madden plays just concentrate on the skill positions because it is a video game, the plays are pretty standard. I have played football in HS and College and have played Madden in the past. If you think some OC walks in and draws up completly new and different plays/formations than you are mistaken.

No Madden plays? Well that eliminates about 95% of formations in the NFL. Save for the fact that Madden plays just concentrate on the skill positions because it is a video game, the plays are pretty standard. I have played football in HS and College and have played Madden in the past. If you think some OC walks in and draws up completly new and different plays/formations than you are mistaken.

No that wasn't the point at all. Certain people would copy a madden play and submit it as their own screen or cross. He was looking for well thought out plays that showed originality, not a carbon copy of madden.

There's no LAME BRAINED BASHING of him...there is criticism, sometimes constructive, sometimes not..but it is NOT LAME BRAINED...it is opinion of many different posters, and you, as a MOD , have no business initing somethg for the purpose of a personal agenda being started....

By you calling posts by other posters, that disagree with your views, and calling them LAME BRAINED, is no better than what others have done and it is a violation of the rules of this forum.

Everyone has an opinion, some you may agree with, some you may not, but if you dont want to discuss them because you cant stop from calling them LAME BRAINED, then just dont discuss them at all.

And, for the record, Josh McDaniels is the Offensive Coordinator. Whether the games plans,the play calling are 100% being dfone my him, or not, he has to take the heat as well as the accolades...it comes with the territory....

And any fan that criticizes something does not make him any less of a fan than any other fan, in fact, it makes him a BETTER fan because he, or she, is willing to poiint out the bad sides of the coin in hopes that they will get better, rather than idly standing by and drinking the Kool Aid, and then nothing ever gets better.

People are not LAME BRAINED, far from it..but those that covertly, or in any other form, attempt to initiate personal agendas, and vendettas, those are the ones that need to be removed, before their cancer spreads even further...and I will be taking care of pointing out the cancers from this moment on, because I will not stand for seeing this fantastic board be dragged down by a few instigators with a personal vendetta. I, for one, and I am only a poster, nothing else, will alllow it to happen, and I will do whatever I can to see that it is stopped, from this moment on.

And you, as a moderator, should agree with that.

I've told you, I'm not a mod on this forum. I'm just another brick on the wall on this forum. I would really hate to be stripped of my "status" and lucritive compensation that comes with it.

Yes indeed people do have opinions, I understand that. My opinion is that people who keep bashing a man week after week even after a big win, are lame brains. That's my opinion and I can express it.

4 pages and not one post about a gameplan.

Sad.

Let me look up some stuff and i can probably give you the basis of what the game might look like.

People like thge three ,m or four, of you are johnny come latelys, and if you think that your views are right, and mine are wrong, so be it, just as I believe mine to be right, and maybe yours are wrong...but that is no friggin reasonb for you, or anyone else to come after me the way you, and a couple of others have done, even the inference in the signature lines..IT ENDS NOW, BECAUSE THE RIOPE HAS RUN OUT.....

Oh crap my RIOPE has run out. Is that French?

If you dont agree with what I post, as some of the other s dont, and you want to discuss it, as I have always done, and how many others will attest to, then do it, bvut this personal agenda that two others have started, and you have followed WILL COME TO AN END NOW... NOW, not later, NOW

I am not going to let this kinbd of stuff further my health problems, or that of my wife.....this will END NOW...from you, and the others, Use the friggin ignore button, if you want to, but The personal attacks and in sinuations will end NOW...Or Iwill do what it takes to have it ended.

Oh yet another useless threat. It will stop when you leave this board. So I am glad to hear you are done posting here. That is the best news this season. I don't care about you foolish threats. We treat you the way you treat our OC. IT WILL NOT STOP NOW UNTIL YOU STOP SOUNDING LIKE A BROKEN RECORD AND GET SOME NEW MATERIAL.

2nd and 8 from our 38.

Right back to the topic. I'd go double tight ends, fake the inside handoff to Maroney, and play action down the field. Assuming this is the 1st quarter I want to test the Tennessee defense early and deep. If you hit on this play that makes the safeties more reluctant to cheat up to stuff the run.

Maroney is the decoy runner but after his fake run he will move underneath as a dump off option in case all the receivers are covered but I think more than likely TEN will bite on the fake.

Since Watson is hurt our tight ends will be Thomas and Graham.
Only question is who will BB be having play the wing receivers. I suppose it will be Caldwell and Gaffney. Though I'd like to see CJ out there for this one play instead of Gaffney.

Humm how do I diagram this.

1---2 XXXXX 3---4
--------X

It would look roughly like that.
1 - Caldwell Sideline out pattern.
2 - Graham delayed underneath curl. Note I am giving him a delayed route so that he can give a helpout chip block to Light, if necessary, before moving onto his route.
3 - Thomas slant right, hopefully clearing out a CB.
4 - Jackson skinny post, hopefully freed up by Thomas' route, though I dunno if Thomas can get there in time to force the DB to make a choice.
5 - Maroney fake run up the middle, sits in the middle of field afterwards for safety dumpoff option.

Possible results of the play.
1. Titans D bites. Jackson is left alone in single coverage with a corner or safety. Touchdown. We have the lead and now we are forcing the safeties to play honest.
2. Titan's D bites but Brady misfires. Incomplete pass. It is 3rd and 8. We still have a chance at another 1st down.
3. Titan's D does not bite but Caldwell or Thomas is free 1st down.
4. Titan's D does not bite and has blanket coverage. Brady throws the ball away. We have 3rd down and probably go 4 wide to try to pick up the 1st.
5. Titan's D brings too much pressure. Brady dumps off to Graham or Maroney. We probably gain 4-6 yards. We have a 3rd and short.
6. Titan's D reads the play perfectly, they bring too much pressure for Light to handle, Brady makes a bad throw and the ball is intercepted. I think this scenario is least likely, assuming this is the 1st quarter and this is the 1st time we've pulled play action on them.

That's just one play for a certain down and distance assuming we are in the 1st quarter. I'd prefer to run this play early for the element of surprise. Even if we don't hit on it it will force the Titan's D to consider the threat of it and hopefully helps open up the running game. If the Pats can run for over 100 they can play action that much more effectively.

Depends on how tough you rate the Titans D but one thing is for sure you don't want to let them hang around at the end of the game. Vince Young is just too dangerous.

4 pages and not one post about a gameplan.

Sad.

Let me look up some stuff and i can probably give you the basis of what the game might look like.
Best play so far.

ea_1.JPG

Yup, and sometimes they work, and sometimes they dont...and when they dont, they need to be changed right in the middle of the game, as Charley Weis did many times, and which Josh has not done very often, if at all........so the sitluation, as described in this thread, is not enough data. Plain and simple.

Holy Crap you have invoked CW's name as being flexible enough to change the game plan.

One thing that continues to amaze me is despite all of the posts indicating otherwise is that McDaniels is solely responsible for the game plan and play calling. Time and time again it has been documented that this is a process that involves coaches, the QB's, BB and others.. it is not done in a vacuum. The playcalling is done by him, but what do you think BB has the headset on for he is not listening to the Greatful Dead.. to blame McDaniels alone for anything seriously undermines the method and intelligence of this organization.

Originally Posted by Digger44 View Post
He can't handle this type of challenge because he is so stuck on himself he can't read what the post says.

No, its you that is stuck on me....You must have a phobia, seeing as you contantly attempt to interject your vendetta, and cant go a day without bringing up my name, one way or another. You really have a bad problem that needs attention. But, I love the attention. Thanks for making the legend grow. People like you are hard to find. ones that will perpetiate the legend and make it even bigger. Thanks, again.

Now, 2nd and 38 on your own 38..what quarter, whats the score, rain or sunshine, wind or no wind... home or away, grass or turf, dome or open, blue uniforms or white, maybe silver, night or day, what month, first game of season or is a win needed to get to the playoffs.... if you want some answers, give it a full description, not just part of it....

Now, for the record, that comment was made in a facetious manner...but the question, as it was asked, is too vague.... there are some key points that need to be known .....

Originally Posted by Digger44 View Post
Do you not know what a freaking gameplan is??? Get this, an OC puts plays together before a game. Wow what a concept.

Not talking about the game plan. The question, and my anwer, pertained to the part wherein he asked for TWO plays in a given situation. Obviously you are having a hard time reading, not me.

He is asking for a 2nd and 8 on your own 38 , a situational question, only the entire situation has not been given.

Asking for two plays is far different than asking for a game plan. You see, your situational play calling can deviate far off of the game plan, as the game progresses...because everything is not always black and white...and a game plan drawn up BEFORE a game may, in fct, not work...because we dont know what kind of defensive game plan the opponent has drawn up..and if they guess right....as the Dolphins did, for example, and if we dont adjust, or change, which we didnt do..we lose.

So, that being the case, more data is needed to say what twoplays we would run... because we dont know the score, the quarter, etc...

But, of course, I doubt you will see that to be true.

You guys need to schedule a duel: Kool-Aid filled water cannons at 20 paces. The fastest one to spell "childishness" back-wards and forwards 3 times wins. The other one has to drink the contents. Of the cannons.

//

Great, another thread hijacked by Num. Instead of typing 30 posts defending your inner world, why don't you just say...Well, if it's 2nd and 8 in the first quarter at the Pats 35, no score, I would runner a double reverse flea-flicker. Then change the situation around and offer a new solution. Instead you choose to be combative and demand others to play by your rules. Your act is so tired and coming to this Fan Site these days is less enjoyable when you inflict your inner rage on others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes