PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The New Week Starts Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean Payton isn't letting that happen. They'll double-team Flowers (and not just chip-block either) and single-block everybody else until and unless some other Pats defender makes them change.

Way too many people/posters are putting too much into week one.

If you move Flowers around, send him on some stunts their gunna have a hard time doubling.

Branch will absolutely take advantage of singles as he's often doubled for good reason.

Sure, I PS player could be added, perhaps from our own squad. However, if we aren't counting on Mitchell, and perhaps Amendola, then we need to trade for a WR.
Amendola had a concussion not a torn acl. Overreaction to short term injuries isn't a BB trait.

Mitchell will likely be coming back. We have a number of RBs who can contribute.
We have run a lot of offense out if 2 TE sets over the years and we can also implement 2 RB sets.

Wr3 is a fluid position in terms of PT and wr4 a luxury item.

Amendola had a concussion not a torn acl. Overreaction to short term injuries isn't a BB trait.

Mitchell will likely be coming back. We have a number of RBs who can contribute.
We have run a lot of offense out if 2 TE sets over the years and we can also implement 2 RB sets.

Wr3 is a fluid position in terms of PT and wr4 a luxury item.

This is Danny's 3rd concussion in a year where there is great a great focus on concussions.

Yes, I expect Amendola to come back, but not at 100% for 18 or 19 games. To make believe that we don't have an issue at punt returner won't help anything.

I'm the one that has said that we don't even need to have 4 WR's active, given our RB's. I would certainly "settle" for Amendola being our punt returner for the entire season. I agree that WR #4 is a luxury, and one that this wholly unnecessary with our RB's and TE's.

Much depends on what the team thinks of Dorsett.

I expect that we might elevate someone from the PS at some pint in the first half, but probably not if Dorsett is doing even OK. For me, Cooks, Hogan and Dorsett is plenty, especially with Amendola active.

This is Danny's 3rd concussion in a year where there is great a great focus on concussions.
Are you sure about that?

Yes, I expect Amendola to come back, but not at 100% for 18 or 19 games. To make believe that we don't have an issue at punt returner won't help anything.
I'm not sure who is making believe. We need depth at every spot.

I'm the one that has said that we don't even need to have 4 WR's active, given our RB's. I would certainly "settle" for Amendola being our punt returner for the entire season. I agree that WR #4 is a luxury, and one that this wholly unnecessary with our RB's and TE's.
Amendola is more valuable as WR4, and as if now he s WR3 than punt returner.

Much depends on what the team thinks of Dorsett.

I expect that we might elevate someone from the PS at some pint in the first half, but probably not if Dorsett is doing even OK. For me, Cooks, Hogan and Dorsett is plenty, especially with Amendola active.
Are you suggesting bench amendola on offense in order to have him return 3 punts a week?
I disagree.

Are you sure about that?

Amendola is more valuable as WR4, and as if now he s WR3 than punt returner.

Are you suggesting bench amendola on offense in order to have him return 3 punts a week?
I disagree.

The next time Danny is hit on the head, he is likely out for the season, if not forever. So, the team can choose how to use this resource.

Given the fact that Amendola is our #3 WR at this point, they may indeed choose to use him at that position.

We talk about the importance of WR #4, or CB #5. How about, who will be our #1 punt returns? This isn't about deep depth.

Are you sure about that?

The next time Danny is hit on the head, he is likely out for the season, if not forever. So, the team can choose how to use this resource.
Come on. You could say that about every player.

Given the fact that Amendola is our #3 WR at this point, they may indeed choose to use him at that position.
It would seem to make sense to use your wr3 at wr3

We talk about the importance of WR #4, or CB #5. How about, who will be our #1 punt returns? This isn't about deep depth.
Amendola is the punt returner. The guys behind him are depth.
PR is not nearly as important as wr3

I thought you said 3rd in year.
Apologies if I misled, but I don't think that anyone would think that Danny had 3 concussions this year.

I said that this was his 3rd concussion.

I also said that he suffered his third concussion in a year when there is a lot of emphasis on concussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents