PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Negativity In This Town Sucks (And It Stinks)

Ok, I know I’ve down on the Team for the lack of moves, trades, whatever. I still am, that hasn’t changed. HOWEVER, in making fun of my buddy who’s a Saints fan…it could be worse: (this is literally all they’ve done so far) hahaha
View attachment 57097
I'll say though, I know this off season hasn't been splashy, but call me crazy why do I have this feeling the team will be better than Last years team.. we know that we will have a QB at 3. However if Brisset has to start until the pick is ready so be it.. in my opinion he'd be better that the QB position last season. Also I would also like the team to extend rham and Barmore, and peppers.

*Quinn Ewers has entered the chat*

3 Harrison
34 Nix
68 Best OT available. Fisher or Amegadjie maybe?
103 Stover

I think everyone would sign up for that.

The more I read about Nix the more I like him.
I’m feeling that Nix has that “veteran “ college experience. Maybe that maturity will translate to team first in the big show

That's like booking a flight, and then betting on the pilot to crash the plane. Guys like that aren't fans of the team. They are either fans of Bill, or, more likely, just fans of winning.
What honestly sucks living in Boston are the horseshit fans who dump on anybody leaving the building … that sickens me.

Seriously. The lack of patience and perspective on this board is ridiculous. The Pats aren't going to be good next season. They probably won't be good the season after that. It's a long rebuild. I'm seeing threads "The worst situation in the NFL", "Weaponize the offense?!?!", "Bill vs The New Regime".

I think 20 years of being the best (or near the best) broke people's brains.

Yes, the Pats didn't overpay for mediocre talent. They haven't made any significant trades (yet). What do people not get about what's going on with that Pats? Even BB had a losing season his first year here because he was clearing out the mess of the Carroll years.

I almost hate posting this thread but, as Rick Pitino said all those years ago, the negativity does suck. It's getting ridiculous. Even for this message board and that's saying something. Christ, sports is supposed to be fun and bring people together.

Yeah and you can file this under "I don't care. I can't stand it". I know I'm going to catch flak for this thread or whatever but seriously, people need to get some perspective. The Draft is a month away and next season is probably not going to be great.

Attachments

• IMG_1606.gif
    IMG_1606.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
For the longest time I had a problem understanding the impatience of posters here. We always wanted what the Jets had in March… win the off-season Super Bowl. That wasn’t how Bill operated and it helped us win 6 Super Bowls.

Bill is no longer with the team. His brilliant understanding and insight to coaching will of course hurt the Patriots as he is no longer with the team…this is hard to deny. However pretending we should continue to operate in the same manner is a mistake…a genius isn’t walking through that door. It’s a mistake to think we have the same level of coaching and can wait and pick players like Bill did. We have upgraded coaching at several positions IMO but BB is not in the equation.

There are two certainties in life.

#1 - Water is wet

#2 - The sky is falling on Boston.

The only thing worse than when things are going bad in Boston, is when things are going good. We are the most fickle fan base in all of sports; and we are never happier than when we are miserable. It’s been this way long before Belichick ever showed up with a hoodie and a Ground Round coupon in his back pocket, and will remain so until the end of time. So hurry up and slow down, and accept the reality of the situation. :)

What honestly sucks living in Boston are the horseshit fans who dump on anybody leaving the building … that sickens me.
As the athletes themselves say, you gotta learn how to tune out the noise.

Misery enjoys company, but you don't have to be that company.

We are the most fickle fan base in all of sports;
From what I see, LA outright abandons teams that don't do well.

To me that's more fickle than *****ing about a team rain or shine.

and we are never happier than when we are miserable.

That's closer to the mark.

From what I see LA just moves on to something else, we stay and suffer.

From what I see, LA outright abandons teams that don't do well.

To me that's more fickle than *****ing about a team rain or shine.

That's closer to the mark.

From what I see LA just moves on to something else, we stay and suffer.
It’s the damned weather on the east coast !!! :)

We are spoiled, no question. In reality, we have been spoiled with all of our major sports teams. That said, from 1992-2001, I was still having fun going to see all of our local "loser" teams, if only for the experience - with the Boston Garden & Fenway Park being bigger draws than the teams for me. I enjoyed those games, even if my team lost. I even kept my Celtics season tickets until 1996, their first year in Fleet Center, which is nowhere near the venue as the old Garden.

Now here we are. The Sox stink but they still have Fenway. The Bruins & Celtics are playing well but they botth seem to crash & burn in the playoffs & the new Garden does not hold the same allure as the old one. As for the Patrots, sorry Bob, but your stadium is no draw for me. I don't see myself heading down there to see any games if this team continues to suck.

I'll say though, I know this off season hasn't been splashy, but call me crazy why do I have this feeling the team will be better than Last years team.. we know that we will have a QB at 3. However if Brisset has to start until the pick is ready so be it.. in my opinion he'd be better that the QB position last season. Also I would also like the team to extend rham and Barmore, and peppers.
I won't call you crazy at all.

Last year, I looked at the team and the schedule and predicted they;d be better but only get 6 wins. They would have over-performed that prediction if they had even half-decent QB play. The culture shattered - the "star" QB was on the sidelines laughing while the team was floundering.

The culture should do a 180 - Mayo and his staff are teachers, but with ties to the players. No more Bill/Patricia/Judge/McD roaring. That alone will be important.

No more Mac, replaced by a guy universally liked (and better at QB). That is huge.

They got hammered with bad injury luck last year, particularly on the OL, which broke everything down even more. And they lost two of their best Defensive players (but Jennings stepped up).

The schedule is better this year, the QB is better this year. Hopefully, their injury situation will be better this year. They said they're going to play the rookies and other kids more, praise the flying spaghetti monster!

However the draft goes, 8 wins wouldn't surprise me. The team's core is better than last year's record would indicate.

Turn off the rancid sports talk radio and play Haydn symphonies. You might need an older car like what I drive that still has a cd drive.

Problem solved.

I won't call you crazy at all.

Last year, I looked at the team and the schedule and predicted they;d be better but only get 6 wins. They would have over-performed that prediction if they had even half-decent QB play. The culture shattered - the "star" QB was on the sidelines laughing while the team was floundering.

The culture should do a 180 - Mayo and his staff are teachers, but with ties to the players. No more Bill/Patricia/Judge/McD roaring. That alone will be important.

No more Mac, replaced by a guy universally liked (and better at QB). That is huge.

They got hammered with bad injury luck last year, particularly on the OL, which broke everything down even more. And they lost two of their best Defensive players (but Jennings stepped up).

The schedule is better this year, the QB is better this year. Hopefully, their injury situation will be better this year. They said they're going to play the rookies and other kids more, praise the flying spaghetti monster!

However the draft goes, 8 wins wouldn't surprise me. The team's core is better than last year's record would indicate.
That was an excellent post! You literally summed up last season with pin point accuracy. Injuries and poor QB play as you perfectly said was the downfall. Another thing of note. AVP is a QB whisperer. His offense utilizes all the skill position players in the zone run concepts. So basically everyone is involved. Just staying on the field converting 3rd downs keep the defense fresher will be another good thing. On defense I'm really rooting for Alex Austin, I believe this guy could be what we need opposite Gonzo. Imagine having two 6'2 physical, press man CBs on the outside. That's a DCs dream. With Barmore, judon, Jennings and white causing havoc upfront. Bentley punishing RBs. If we can get moderate QB play this season along with this championship level defense I say we can make the playoffs. I'm tired of watching other teams on wildcard weekend.

That was an excellent post! You literally summed up last season with pin point accuracy. Injuries and poor QB play as you perfectly said was the downfall. Another thing of note. AVP is a QB whisperer. His offense utilizes all the skill position players in the zone run concepts. So basically everyone is involved. Just staying on the field converting 3rd downs keep the defense fresher will be another good thing. On defense I'm really rooting for Alex Austin, I believe this guy could be what we need opposite Gonzo. Imagine having two 6'2 physical, press man CBs on the outside. That's a DCs dream. With Barmore, judon, Jennings and white causing havoc upfront. Bentley punishing RBs. If we can get moderate QB play this season along with this championship level defense I say we can make the playoffs. I'm tired of watching other teams on wildcard weekend.
Austin was great last year. Looked like he belonged, for sure.

Did some reading on Marco Wilson, too. Looks legit. And I like Bokden a lot.

Let the kids shine!

Austin was great last year. Looked like he belonged, for sure.

Did some reading on Marco Wilson, too. Looks legit. And I like Bokden a lot.

Let the kids shine!
We absolutely have some pieces in the secondary, I'm thinking mayo maybe ask J. Jones to play FS this season.. that would then free up more opportunities for the young guys.. yes Marco Wilson I've liked what I heard on him as well.

The title of this thread is kind of funny based on the point being made.

Not long after Pitino left the Celtics started a streak of consistent winning that is continuing even now. Looking back on that quote the lesson learned should be for fans to remain vocal until problematic coaches and front office are forced out.

so one title and 3 finals appearances in 23 seasons is your definition of "winning"?

Seriously. The lack of patience and perspective on this board is ridiculous. The Pats aren't going to be good next season. They probably won't be good the season after that. It's a long rebuild. I'm seeing threads "The worst situation in the NFL", "Weaponize the offense?!?!", "Bill vs The New Regime".

I think 20 years of being the best (or near the best) broke people's brains.

Yes, the Pats didn't overpay for mediocre talent. They haven't made any significant trades (yet). What do people not get about what's going on with that Pats? Even BB had a losing season his first year here because he was clearing out the mess of the Carroll years.

I almost hate posting this thread but, as Rick Pitino said all those years ago, the negativity does suck. It's getting ridiculous. Even for this message board and that's saying something. Christ, sports is supposed to be fun and bring people together.

Yeah and you can file this under "I don't care. I can't stand it". I know I'm going to catch flak for this thread or whatever but seriously, people need to get some perspective. The Draft is a month away and next season is probably not going to be great.

Rick Pitino said that because he was being criticized for doing a lousy job as a GM &
Coach

Pitino deserved all of that criticism & more He was the guy who forced Red to step down.

Pitino was a total NBA bust !
I remember the Celtics selling $10 tickets when Pitino was the GM/Coach because attendance for the games were way down

Although I am fine with the Pats not spending like drunken sailors, I understand the frustration of fans because we have not added any difference makers

We have nobody currently on offense that would put any fear in opposing defenses

G

That’s a downright bs delusional take. It’s posts like this that keep the narrative in this board going. Team Bill? Team Brady? Give me a break. I supported both and all you do here is turn the names around and insert team Mayo. So it’s ok to question Bill and his work the last few years but it’s not ok to question the new office? Sounds hypo critical to me.

I’m pretty sure no matter who is running the show all Pats fans just want to win. Bringing up some posters off the wall rant from the other day and lumping a bunch of posters into that category isn’t helping your cause.
And it's these same posters who over the last few years have shown they have no patience, that they can't stand the team is no longer winning, bandwagoners, frontrunners, etc., while many of us have been through all this before and have seen a thing or two about how the NFL operates.

New England fans were negative in the midst of the greatest dynasty in football history. There were a large segment of negative nancy's telling us early in the 2014, 2016 and 2018 seasons that those teams had "no talent."

We never had talent... ever... just silly.

Also the Patriots in 2024 aren't facing a "long rebuild," not when they are returning the most players, had the 5th ranked defense last season and brought everybody back, when they have the 3rd overall pick along with all their other picks at the top of the round, not when they have the most cap space in the NFL and only have one side of the ball to fix... fix the offense.

Could it take a long time?

Sure, but it will because they screwed up the draft and the offseason... not because this team was bereft of talent or resources. That's pure excuse making.

Our defense has talent
Our offense is terrible with no elite talent

We are not going to win without talent on offense and our FA signings have not moved the needle

I am expecting a top 10 pick possibly top 5 again in 2025 unless we have an amazing draft

I can't decide if we suck but do not stink, stink but do not suck, both sink and suck, or are free of both of stinkage and suckage.

These are confusing times, aren't they?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back