PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Negativity In This Town Sucks (And It Stinks)

Still think it's absolutely hilarious that the biggest baby on the forum, who leaves more negative ratings on comments than every other poster combined, is the person who penned this thread. Gold Jerry, gold!
I love you too.

The Pats OL sucked last year & will probably suck again this year unless they
Decide to trade back & get a tackle early
The OL improved a lot once it added its starters back. Those injuries early on forced them to play castoffs and rookies. It was a huge problem. Trent Brown, Calvin Anderson, Rily Reiff, Mike Onwenu and Cole Strange were all out. So starters AND backups were gone. This forced them into playing McDermott, Mafi and Lowe. The OL was awful

People should also remember that Sow was hurt for the first several games and it took him awhile to get into the swing of things once he came back from injury. With Onwenu back, Sow established, Strange back, and even with an inconsistent Brown, they had some good blocking games and a string of several 100+ rushing yard games.

We still have huge problems at LT and Strange may be pretty hurt, but I expect one IOL choice in the draft who can also play RT (Puni, Glaze, Zinter, etc.) to compete with Mafi, Jake Andrews & Leverett for that starting LG spot until Strange gets back.

You need to do your homework
The top 100 players are picked by other players
Nobody said a word about "the top 100 players."
The Pro bowl is picked by fans, coaches & players
So popularity contest, like I said... got it.
Mac Jones was a replacement & who knows how many others refused before he accepted
He still sucks and made a pro bowl.
Which OL have elite athleticism?
Currently Mike Onwenu, Cole Strange, Sidy Sow, Calvin Anderson and Jake Andrews are plus athletes.

Wheatley was a very good athlete at TE so we'll see if he can make the transition finally. Mafi didn't workout leaving college so it's hard to judge, but he was dominant at the Shrine Bowl which caused the Patriots to draft him.
The Pats OL sucked last year & will probably suck again this year unless they
Decide to trade back & get a tackle early
The Patriots fielded more starting lineups at offensive line than any team in the NFL. If you can't stay healthy, even if you have a lineup with 5 all pros, you can easily suck. Luck in the NFL = health.
Hunter Henry is a middle of the road TE & our other receivers are JAGS at best
Paychecks say otherwise. Teams don't repeatedly pay bad or average players, the market determines worth... not some negative nancy fans on the sports forum. Millions of dollars carries more weight than your opinion.
When you drag in Thornton & Kevin Harris, I can’t help but laugh.

Thornton would need to improve to be a JAG & how many games did Harris dress for a 4 win team?

Harris 16 Touches in 17 games for a 4 win team ?
When I specifically say both players are young and unproven I've already qualified everything I say afterwards. I give talented rookies about three seasons depending on what they've shown so far before I write them off as busts, we're not there yet... even if Thornton is close.

Harris averaged over 4 yards a carry behind an offensive line you just told me "sucks," he was also firmly behind two studs in Rhamondre and Zeke. There's a depth chart, a lack of opportunity is not a lack of ability.

Currently Mike Onwenu, Cole Strange, Sidy Sow, Calvin Anderson and Jake Andrews are plus athletes.

Wheatley was a very good athlete at TE so we'll see if he can make the transition finally. Mafi didn't workout leaving college so it's hard to judge, but he was dominant at the Shrine Bowl which caused the Patriots to draft him.

The Patriots fielded more starting lineups at offensive line than any team in the NFL. If you can't stay healthy, even if you have a lineup with 5 all pros, you can easily suck. Luck in the NFL = health.

Paychecks say otherwise. Teams don't repeatedly pay bad or average players, the market determines worth... not some negative nancy fans on the sports forum. Millions of dollars carries more weight than your opinion.

When I specifically say both players are young and unproven I've already qualified everything I say afterwards. I give talented rookies about three seasons depending on what they've shown so far before I write them off as busts, we're not there yet... even if Thornton is close.

Harris averaged over 4 yards a carry behind an offensive line you just told me "sucks," he was also firmly behind two studs in Rhamondre and Zeke. There's a depth chart, a lack of opportunity is not a lack of ability.
Wozzy your optimism made me woozy.

Season 2 Couch GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Wozzy your optimism made me woozy.
Athleticism is measured every year at the combine and at pro days... it's not a matter of opinion.

It doesn't ensure said prospects will become great players, but they undoubtedly possess the athleticism to.

Chad Jackson was the most athletic WR in his draft class, he was a dunderhead and a moron, but he was still a world class athlete.

Bethel Johnson didn't become "less fast" just because he failed as a pro football player... the same can be said of Thornton.

Tyquan can still beat 99.9% of the NFL in a footrace.

Qualify "elite talent" for the rest of us?
When opposing DCs have to stay up at night trying to tweak their defenses to account for our stud offensive player(s). Of which we have none.

Hunter Henry and Bourne Supremacy are good. Onwenu is very good. But that’s it. Unless BoneyT and Reagor Stealer become amazin’.

When opposing DCs have to stay up at night trying to tweak their defenses to account for our stud offensive player(s). Of which we have none.

Hunter Henry and Bourne Supremacy are good. Onwenu is very good. But that’s it. Unless BoneyT and Reagor Stealer become amazin’.
There’s maybe 3-4 weapons in the NFL defensive coordinator’s worry about. The rest they just stick their best CB on.

Defensive coordinators worry more about a team that has a diverse selection of weapons and a dangerous QB who can methodically move the ball downfield than one magical player.

You didn’t even consider “elite” offensive linemen until I reminded you it was a thing. A defensive coordinator is more concerned with penetrating a great starting offensive line than a single magical weapon.

Devante Adams on a crappy Raiders offense isn’t keeping anyone up at night and he’s arguably the best WR in the league alongside Tyreek.

My post yesterday at 01:47 pm, I mention the Patriots lack top 100 talent on offense

Dude…. You’re a Pom Pom waiver !
Your not alone, but when you mention
Our OL as athletic, your not paying attention

Same with promoting Thornton & Harris
There is a good chance both get cut from our 4 win team

If either breaks out, I will gladly give you credit, but I don’t see that happening

You need talent to win in todays NFL & our offense has no elite talent

If you think Hunter Henry is elite, your in the minority

I will give you the last word, because your opinion does not deserve another reply

I do wish you are correct, but that would be a hell of a stretch

Last edited:
My post yesterday at 01:47 pm, I mention the Patriots lack top 100 talent on offense
Imagine a world where we don’t follow you around and hang on every word.
Dude…. You’re a Pom Pom waiver !
Your not alone, but when you mention
Our OL as athletic, your not paying attention
Athleticism is measured at the combine and pro day, it’s not “my opinion.” Not sure what pom pom waver means, if someone sucks I say he sucks. Go look at the Left Tackle thread where I’m explaining how Okorafor sucks… not what a pom pom waver would say.
Same with promoting Thornton & Harris
There is a good chance both get cut from our 4 win team

If either breaks out, I will gladly give you credit, but I don’t see that happening
“Promoting,” hardly… saying they’re athletic prospects who deserve the benefit of a thorough look before discarding them. Yeah…
You need talent to win in todays NFL & our offense has no elite talent
There were a bunch of knobs telling us we had no talent early in the 2014, 2016 and 2018 seasons as well. That talk looked pretty stupid later in the seasons.
If you think Hunter Henry is elite, your in the minority
The NFL rewards good players with good contracts… the NFL disagrees with your assessment that Henry, Onwenu and others on our team have no talent.

But it’s a silly New England malaise based thing that got said repeatedly in the midst of the winning multiple rings… so why should it change now.

Imagine a world where we don’t follow you around and hang on every word.

Athleticism is measured at the combine and pro day, it’s not “my opinion.” Not sure what pom pom waver means, if someone sucks I say he sucks. Go look at the Left Tackle thread where I’m explaining how Okorafor sucks… not what a pom pom waver would say.

“Promoting,” hardly… saying they’re athletic prospects who deserve the benefit of a thorough look before discarding them. Yeah…

There were a bunch of knobs telling us we had no talent early in the 2014, 2016 and 2018 seasons as well. That talk looked pretty stupid later in the seasons.

The NFL rewards good players with good contracts… the NFL disagrees with your assessment that Henry, Onwenu and others on our team have no talent.

But it’s a silly New England malaise based thing that got said repeatedly in the midst of the winning multiple rings… so why should it change now.

I just want to address one comment that needs to be addressed

No talent in 2014, 2016 & 2018?
Who said that ?

Tom Brady & Gronk are as good as it gets and miles ahead of the busts on todays offense

Let me guess…. You think Hunter Henry is on Gronks level?

Edelman was not too shabby either

I like how the OP of this thread is someone incessantly whined all season and didn’t flip to something resembling positivity until BB was fired and we’ve now had the strangest offseason I can recall. I think it’s fair that people aren’t giving their blind enthusiasm.

Who said that ?

I know it was a while ago but the legendary 'I Don't Care. I can't Stand It' thread was that time period. Still great reading

Who said that ?

You're right, must not have happened...

Laughable...

You're right, must not have happened...

Laughable...

I have no idea where you are or where your going. Your going to Vermont via Virginia

How did you get from me saying the current Patriots offense has no elite players to Brady?

I don’t remember mentioning Brady, never mind criticizing Brady, so how did you get to Brady?

Last I knew you were praising your Thornton & Harris toys potential and sending Hunter Henry to Canton

Last edited:
I have no idea where you are or where your going. Your going to Vermont via Virginia

How did you get from me saying the current Patriots offense has no elite players to Brady?

I don’t remember mentioning Brady, never mind criticizing Brady, so how did you get to Brady?

Last I knew you were praising your Thornton & Harris toys potential and sending Hunter Henry to Canton
You just said above ^ that nobody here or anywhere was criticizing the 2014-2018 Patriots as having "no talent," when I know it's BS because I was here early in those seasons arguing with the typical negative nancy's this entire thread is referencing about our team having "no weapons," or the "defense sucks" or they're "too old."

Then of course we have Brady mocking that very thing above... but again, sure it never happened.

Those people will deny they ever said it now, but can do so because the search engine on this site is pretty lame.

Even the worst teams in the league have some talented players, the idea that the Patriots with a top five defense last season or even their terrible offense has no talented players returning is outright false. There's a massive difference between having no talent and not executing or dealing with a lot of injuries.

Rham Tough is good; Pop Douglas should be ok enough; Gibson doesn’t suck though I don’t like his trajectory; Ozzy is decent and Hooper should still have some gas left in the tank… But yeah BoneyT & Reagor are trash, JuJu SucksSucks, and I can’t think of anybody else right now…

Even the worst teams in the league have some talented players, the idea that the Patriots with a top five defense last season or even their terrible offense has no talented players returning is outright false. There's a massive difference between having no talent and not executing or dealing with a lot of injuries.

What makes you say the Patriots had a top 5 defense ?

Pro Football reference that is stat generated & not an opinion had them #15

Please feel free to name the elite offensive players on the 2024 Patriots offense today

I believe their are no impact players currently on the Patriots offense

Sorry but your boys, Hunter Henry, Thornton & Harris are not elite, but feel free to put it to a vote

I need a good laugh

Rham Tough is good; Pop Douglas should be ok enough; Gibson doesn’t suck though I don’t like his trajectory; Ozzy is decent and Hooper should still have some gas left in the tank… But yeah BoneyT & Reagor are trash, JuJu SucksSucks, and I can’t think of anybody else right now…
I think I'm lower on Hooper (washed, 4th team in 4 years) than you, and a little higher on Gibson, having a defined role should help him, I think.

The rest, I completely agree.

What makes you say the Patriots had a top 5 defense ?

Pro Football reference that is stat generated & not an opinion had them #15

Scroll down the PFR page to "Team Stats And Rankings." Then swipe the column all the way to the right where the header says "Average Drive" at the top.

That provides you the numbers for average points and yards per drive for the offense and defense. This is a much better and more accurate measurement for offense and defense. It specifically targets those units, rather than simply give you the point the entire team allowed. The Patriots defense allowed the 5th fewest points per drive, which is made much more impressive when you consider they were dragging the 32nd ranked offense around behind them like dead weight.
Please feel free to name the elite offensive players on the 2024 Patriots offense today

I believe their are no impact players currently on the Patriots offense

Sorry but your boys, Hunter Henry, Thornton & Harris are not elite, but feel free to put it to a vote

I need a good laugh
I already did this above, I'm not going to repeat myself. Scroll back and read if you want.

Besides "elite" is the most ridiculous measure in sports talk, Randy Moss on the Raiders in 2006 was old and washed up, Randy Moss on the Patriots in 2007 was elite.

This is a team sport we're talking about, receivers especially are beholden to scheme, blocking and good QB play. All of that ^ has to go right before the ball ever comes their way, they don't produce in a vacuum.

In 2021 when Mac was basically half decent, Hunter Henry led the entire NFL in TD's by a TE. Isn't that elite? Just silly....

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back