PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The NBA = Rigged Like the WWF

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I don't buy recent comments I've read online that LA simply "wanted it more" or "worked harder" in the end to win it and deserve it. Both teams were gassed at the end. Both teams were competing and fighting hard and playing physical. However, even among neutral observers and casual fans I was watching the game with last night, the consensus was that the officiating was completely in favor for LA over the last 18 minutes of the game. They let both teams battle it out initially, but from the middle of the 3rd quarter onward, the fix was on and the whistles became completely one-sided.

37 total free throws for LA (off of just 63 field goal attempts), to 17 free throw attempts by Boston. 21 free throws for LA in the 4th quarter, more than Boston's free throws all game. There were noticeable fouls committed by LA on rebounds (especially Gasol repeatedly over the back on Garnett), as well as shooting fouls, where the whistle stayed silent for LA but Boston would get called for it. There is no way that Boston was fouling that much or playing that much more physical than LA was, especially given how aggressive LA was on the glass. Kobe shot 6 for 24, LA shot 31% from the field and only 65% from the free throw line, and got bailed out by the refs.

This game is as fishy as the 2002 LA-Kings playoff game.

One NBA ref is already in federal prison for fixing games.

Tim Donneghy, just by knowing which refs were calling a game, showed federal agents he could correctly predict 80% of NBA playoff winners.

The NBA is fixed and rigged, just like the WWF. I really don't know why I waste so much time following this sport, when it's just a set up sports drama. I won't make the same mistake again.

Last edited:
It's WWE now. :p

But yeah, as I said in another thread, it's blatantly obvious that the officiating is biased and terrible. A person who has never watched basketball in their life could see that just by the sudden shift in calling fouls. It was laughably obvious.

At least WWE doesn't act like they're completely legit like the NBA does. They know they're a show and expect fans to suspend disbelief like watching a movie. NBA is just corrupt. Gives me a new appreciation for NFL referees (for the most part).

I thought the officiating was suspicious to be honest but the simple fact remains the Celtics were up 13, didn't have the drive in the paint and didn't adjust the the officiating when it got tough. You've gotta expect what happened and they couldn't accommodate it.

The Lakers won and you'll read no more complaints from me.

The Celtics didn't lose this game. In the 4th quarter they were getting molested and assaulted while rebounding, and the refs weren't calling anything. It's interesting that the Lakers shot 21 free throws in the 4th quarter, more than the Celtics had free throws all game. I looked it up, and these fouls and free throws were happening mostly before the 3 minute mark of intentional fouls.

What is funny is one of ESPN's articles has a photo of Gasol blatantly fouling Garnett on a rebound over the back and with an elbow in Garnett's face.

The Celtics didn't lose this game. In the 4th quarter they were getting molested and assaulted while rebounding, and the refs weren't calling anything. It's interesting that the Lakers shot 21 free throws in the 4th quarter, more than the Celtics had free throws all game. I looked it up, and these fouls and free throws were happening mostly before the 3 minute mark of intentional fouls.

What is funny is one of ESPN's articles has a photo of Gasol blatantly fouling Garnett on a rebound over the back and with an elbow in Garnett's face.
I saw the game and I saw the fouls and non calls. The Celtics lost the game. Just accept it and move on.

Last edited:
The officiating is going to be the reason why I'll have a hard time following the playoffs from now on, or at least until there is an explosion of charges in the NBA against the officials. Not just the finals, and not just the Celtics and the Lakers, but the entire playoffs was horribly officiated.

Enough with complaints about officiating. We dealt with this crap after the Super Bowl loss.

Control the things you can control.

I left when Pau "Lurch" Gasol mugged Pierce at mid court and it was called a block.

gasoltrotman.jpg

lurch4ts3ao4.jpg

I saw the game and I saw the fouls and non calls. The Celtics lost the game. Just accept it and move on.

I partially agree with you that if the Celtics made there shots in the 4th quarter they win the game BUT.....As officials you either let them play or you don't....You establish how you will call the game and be consistent....This is where I have an issue is that for the first 3 - 3 1/2 quarters they let both teams play but after that everything was a foul on the Celts....It was absolutely ridiculous how they called the game down the stretch and as much as I want to believe these games aren't fixed....I just can't help but believe it now.....

I partially agree with you that if the Celtics made there shots in the 4th quarter they win the game BUT.....As officials you either let them play or you don't....You establish how you will call the game and be consistent....This is where I have an issue is that for the first 3 - 3 1/2 quarters they let both teams play but after that everything was a foul on the Celts....It was absolutely ridiculous how they called the game down the stretch and as much as I want to believe these games aren't fixed....I just can't help but believe it now.....

I'm in the same camp as you. The officiating completely changed with about 18 minutes left to play in the game. Before the middle of the 3rd quarter, they were holding the whistles back and letting them battle. All of the sudden, the calls changed and the Celtics got whistled for minor touches (which the Lakers weren't getting whistled on for the exact same fouls). In the 4th quarter Gasol was physically assaulting Garnett for offensive rebounds, all without getting whistled. There were also multiple phantom fouls, like that Kobe 3-pointer whistled on Ray Allen.

I'm usually on the side of man'ing up and saying a team straight up lose a game and to stop with excuses, but in this situation it's just too fishy. Both sides were playing extremely physical, I have a hard time believing that LA shooting 37 free throws (21 in the 4th quarter) compared to Boston's 17 free throws, was an accurate reflection of which team was actually fouling the other more.

Last edited:
I agree with you. It was ridiculous but the simple fact was the Celtics didn't adjust to the ridiculous calls they were given. Until someone of note comes out and writes and article with this suggestion nothing will change and the NBA will continue to resemble a league of bent officials and corrupt match fixing.

All that said nothing will change my mind that the Celtics lack of rebounding wasn't the reason for a loss. +15 on the offensive boards is stunning.

Last edited:
I don't buy recent comments I've read online that LA simply "wanted it more" or "worked harder" in the end to win it and deserve it. Both teams were gassed at the end. Both teams were competing and fighting hard and playing physical. However, even among neutral observers and casual fans I was watching the game with last night, the consensus was that the officiating was completely in favor for LA over the last 18 minutes of the game. They let both teams battle it out initially, but from the middle of the 3rd quarter onward, the fix was on and the whistles became completely one-sided.

37 total free throws for LA (off of just 63 field goal attempts), to 17 free throw attempts by Boston. 21 free throws for LA in the 4th quarter, more than Boston's free throws all game. There were noticeable fouls committed by LA on rebounds (especially Gasol repeatedly over the back on Garnett), as well as shooting fouls, where the whistle stayed silent for LA but Boston would get called for it. There is no way that Boston was fouling that much or playing that much more physical than LA was, especially given how aggressive LA was on the glass. Kobe shot 6 for 24, LA shot 31% from the field and only 65% from the free throw line, and got bailed out by the refs.

This game is as fishy as the 2002 LA-Kings playoff game.

One NBA ref is already in federal prison for fixing games.

Tim Donneghy, just by knowing which refs were calling a game, showed federal agents he could correctly predict 80% of NBA playoff winners.

The NBA is fixed and rigged, just like the WWF. I really don't know why I waste so much time following this sport, when it's just a set up sports drama. I won't make the same mistake again.
if the nba is rigged that makes the celtics recent titles fake as well

have you given this topic ANY thought?

have you given this topic ANY thought?

Of course not. It is only a conspiracy when the team you cheer for loses.

That is like asking why exactly it is the conspiracy was to have the Lakers win the title not Boston or why the Spurs kept winning with the most boring team in a small market or why the extend the finals to game 7 conspiracy works once a decade or why the most marketable star in the sport keeps getting beat in round 2.

It just can't be that basketball referees have a hard job and most stink at it - they stink in the NBA and they stink just as much in college. Watch a Duke game some time if you wnt to see refs get intimidated by a susperstar just in that case it is the coach and not a player.

In the 4th quarter there were 17 fouls called (more than half what had been called in total in the first 3 quarters). 12 went against the Celtics, 5 against the Lakers. The Lakers shot 21 free throws in the 4th quarter, Celtics shot 5. 12 of the Lakers' 19 last points were on free throws, most of which were before the 3 minute mark of the 4th quarter.

I'm not discounting the fact that this could be possible. I also never said that every single season or champion was rigged. Why do you so stubbornly persist in denying even the possibility that the refs have influence on games, and that fixing is possible?

What I do know, is that the 2002 Kings-LA game was rigged, that one NBA ref is already in federal prison for fixing games, and that this same ref proved to federal agents that just by knowing the refs for a playoff game, he could predict 80% of the winners.

I'm not discounting the fact that this could be possible. I also never said that every single season or champion was rigged. Why do you so stubbornly persist in denying even the possibility that the refs have influence on games, and that fixing is possible?

What I do know, is that the 2002 Kings-LA game was rigged, that one NBA ref is already in federal prison for fixing games, and that this same ref proved to federal agents that just by knowing the refs for a playoff game, he could predict 80% of the winners.
i'm sure some refs in every sport are gamblers and shady, but this oj LA cop conspiracy theory is full of BS

it makes no sense at all really

I'm in the same camp as you. The officiating completely changed with about 18 minutes left to play in the game. Before the middle of the 3rd quarter, they were holding the whistles back and letting them battle. All of the sudden, the calls changed and the Celtics got whistled for minor touches (which the Lakers weren't getting whistled on for the exact same fouls). In the 4th quarter Gasol was physically assaulting Garnett for offensive rebounds, all without getting whistled. There were also multiple phantom fouls, like that Kobe 3-pointer whistled on Ray Allen.

I'm usually on the side of man'ing up and saying a team straight up lose a game and to stop with excuses, but in this situation it's just too fishy. Both sides were playing extremely physical, I have a hard time believing that LA shooting 37 free throws (21 in the 4th quarter) compared to Boston's 17 free throws, was an accurate reflection of which team was actually fouling the other more.

in the final 18 minutes or so, LA shot 25 FT to Boston who shot only 8. Three times more. I agree the officials let them play until the end. The whole series was physical and not being called tightly until the final 20 minutes or so of game 7. The league and the owners want the series to go 7 games because it gets more advertising dollars, gets more attention to the sport, and they make more money on tickets and merchandise. I can't be sure that the games are still fixed, but it makes things very suspicious.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back