PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The NBA = Rigged Like the WWF

D*mn it, I hate to, but i'm inclined to believe this... at the very least, there's a lot of bad, maybe partial officiating that far to often influences games.

Teams have less control over the outcomes when a single quarter is called like that

Why kill the golden goose and get their league destroyed? They already have that one clown official, another scandal and maybe the NBA is toast.

Its not like SB 36 where their was potential for a real Cinderella story (not that I'm at all questioning the NFL) just that nobody outside of Boston/LA likes either the Celtics or the Lakers. So the NBA was getting about the same thing regardless of who won. So why take the ultimate risk to accomplish nothing? The ratings books were about finished by the middle of the 4th quarter, fixing the game then wasn't going to do anything.

What's better for the league long term. A Celtics win, with 3 very good players of historical significance, winning a significantless second title, or league darling Kobe Bryant winning his 5th, putting him one behind the greatest player in league history, a guy named Michael Jordan? I think we all know the answer to that. Kobe, who is a great player, but is no where near Jordan, creates more interest, and thus more money for the league. His "legacy" needs to be as fluffed up, and fattened as is humanly possible. The league needs someone to carry the generational torch of historical porportion, following the Bird/Magic era, to MJ. Whether the league wrigged the game, who knows, but it's interests are much better served by Kobe winning, than the Celtics. After watching the Sacramento fix game against the Lakers some 10 years ago or so, I do think the league influences referees. Watching this game, and seeing the tale of two games, one where they put the whistle away for close to 3 quarters, and another where they made 75-80% favor one team, I can't help but go hmmm....

I hate the NBA anyway. It's too much of an MTV, Vegas Show, thug league for me. They barely play basketball anymore. All they do is play music during the game, shoot 3 pointers, or drive selfishly to the net. The fundamental talent is horrible. There's barely any ball movement, mid range game, or pure shooting. Now we hear the term "volume shooter". Guys who shoot 8 for 25 and become allstars. The NBA = GROSS.

BTW the Greatest player in Team Sports has as many rings as Bryant and Jordan put together...

The officiating stunk.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back