PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The moment most burned into my brain in Pats-Fins history:

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
There are a lot of them... both good and bad... some big Brady moments (again good AND bad, especially from 2003-2004), but for sheer visual power and ensuing Shula head explosion, mine comes from 1982...

tumblr_myqq5kfaP91qhkbk8o1_400.gif

:)

There are a lot of them... both good and bad... some big Brady moments (again good AND bad, especially from 2003-2004), but for sheer visual power and ensuing Shula head explosion, mine comes from 1982...

tumblr_myqq5kfaP91qhkbk8o1_400.gif

:)
LOL, everyone thinks that the league making up new rules to thwart something the Pats did or are doing occurred only in the BB era. Wrong! Didn't they outlaw snowplows ahead of kicks after this masterpiece? Great memory!

December 12, 1982 ( I had to look it up) the snowplow game. There are many, including me, who believe that moment was the genesis of the Shula "the Patriots cheat" BS. His "Belicheat" was simply the more modern version of that illogical line of thinking.

Sadly, the MNF game Lennon got shot. 1980

That was bizarre. We were watching in our dorm room at UMO, and around midnight, Howard Cosell announces Lennon's death and went on in his Cosell-like way for what seemed like forever. I mean, I enjoyed Howard back in the day, but not delivering a eulogy.

Jan 1986, AFCCG, Pats win 31-14 as Eason throws 3 TD passes ( 71 total passing yards) and Pats defense rises up with 4 fumble recoveries and 2 ints as the Pats end a long dry spell of about 15 losses in a row in Miami....

We won't discuss SB 20..........

Jan 1986, AFCCG, Pats win 31-14 as Eason throws 3 TD passes ( 71 total passing yards) and Pats defense rises up with 4 fumble recoveries and 2 ints as the Pats end a long dry spell of about 15 losses in a row in Miami....

We won't discuss SB 20..........

That whole playoff run was a redemption tour. They roughed up the Jets. Shocked the Raiduhs in LA and ran the ball right up Shula's ass in the Orange Bowl where the team lost 18 straight.

The correct choice of course. But one burned into my memory forever, and it mystifies me to this day why it isn't THE highlight of Randy Moss' tenure in NE, was that pass he caught with his elbow while two Miami defenders were interfering with him in the end zone. I couldn't believe my eyes. And there were hardly any replays of it. Will never forget it.

A more recent but not better than the OP's post.

If you watch the slow motion replay close enough you can see Lipett's mouth piece pop out. Floyd hit that guy hard to spring Edelman free for a TD. Floyd had a nice power TD as well.

The correct choice of course. But one burned into my memory forever, and it mystifies me to this day why it isn't THE highlight of Randy Moss' tenure in NE, was that pass he caught with his elbow while two Miami defenders were interfering with him in the end zone. I couldn't believe my eyes. And there were hardly any replays of it. Will never forget it.

Is this it?

The image that is burned in my head is Brady hands on head after beating the Rams. Who knew?

Attachments

• Brady.jpg
    Brady.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Brady.jpg
    Brady.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back