The Legacy of Jerry Jones

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone want to take a crack at this?

Megalomaniac. Blowhard.

I think he's got a bit of money.

Well I should say it, his legacy is going to be the Cowboy dynasty of the 90s. but he's spent 2 decades defacing his own legacy, the same way Al Davis did, and for the same reason -- old man whose glory days are behind him an doesn't enjoy the consequent lack of attention

Did a great job building a football franchise - but can't build a football team. Gives himself more credit for their 90's dynasty than he deserves. Nice stadium though.

Asshat on an absolutely epic scale. Meddling, delusional and thoroughly narcissistic. I would detest the man if I was a fan of the Cowboys.

He’ll be remembered for the 90’s dynasty, marketing the **** out of the Cowboys making them the most lucrative franchise in American sport, and being instrumental in NFL television negotiations.

That will outweigh his meddling over the last 25 years. And honestly it’s not without merit. He was brilliant on the business side of things and was willing to shake enough up at the start to get a dynasty. He just wasn’t able to sustain the way Kraft did

One of the best businessmen in sports. One of the worst owners at running a team.

1.) Excellent marketeer. Turned the cowboys, who have not won anything since the 90’s, into one of the biggest brands in America.

2.) terrible GM/personnel guy. Terrible drafter and worse when it comes to free agency. If not for the nadir of all sports organizations, the Jets, Jerry would already be exposed as a fraud of a GM.

3.) reportedly banging roger goddell’s wife! Hope Jerry has a stockpile of penicillin!

another one of those country yokel birdbrains that missed getting punched in the mouth when he was a kid and subsequently stumbled across some oil/gas in North Texas, suddenly making him wealthy.

"Jones' early wealth can be attributed to the oil industry. His oil and gas company, Jones Oil and Land Lease, became successful after striking oil in his first drillings.(Apr 29, 2021).

There's a sordid, tawdry back story to Jones' energy concerns. His massive ego was nurtured back then by using employees being paid peanuts to max out production of the first leases. He's always been a short man complex bully which became obvious in the 90's when he crapcanned Jimmy Johnson and took over general managership...at which point the Cowgirls lapsed into also ran territory for decades now. If a Texas wildcatter had punched him in his big mouth back when he was a snot nosed hick, maybe we would have been spared the obnoxious ignorance he displays today.[/B]

2024 NFL Draft. Jerry Jones: "With our 1st pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowjones take, Paxton Anderson, TE, Texas (and my grandson)."

He was always known for being great in outside sales.... but in recent years they’re saying he might be more suited for inside.

You spelled "Julio" wrong.

another one of those country yokel birdbrains that missed getting punched in the mouth when he was a kid and subsequently stumbled across some oil/gas in North Texas, suddenly making him wealthy.

"Jones' early wealth can be attributed to the oil industry. His oil and gas company, Jones Oil and Land Lease, became successful after striking oil in his first drillings.(Apr 29, 2021).

There's a sordid, tawdry back story to Jones' energy concerns. His massive ego was nurtured back then by using employees being paid peanuts to max out production of the first leases. He's always been a short man complex bully which became obvious in the 90's when he crapcanned Jimmy Johnson and took over general managership...at which point the Cowgirls lapsed into also ran territory for decades now. If a Texas wildcatter had punched him in his big mouth back when he was a snot nosed hick, maybe we would have been spared the obnoxious ignorance he displays today.[/B]
I'm looking forward to your obit of Jerruh in the Dallas Morning News.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back