PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The laker thread.

update. lakers have lost 6 in a row. and 9 of 10

I'm getting concerned that they will have the #1 pick.

I'm getting concerned that they will have the #1 pick.
why? its how the ping pong balls fall. they could end up with the worst record in the league. and there's a better chance they end up with a pick between 2 and 5 than the first pick.
they lost again tonight. thats 7 in a row and 9 out of ten. thats sweet. thank you danny ainge.:D

why? its how the ping pong balls fall. they could end up with the worst record in the league. and there's a better chance they end up with a pick between 2 and 5 than the first pick.
they lost again tonight. thats 7 in a row and 9 out of ten. thats sweet. thank you danny ainge.:D
It's a weighted average. The #1 team still has a better chance of getting the first pick. It was a great trade, but the pick might put them over the top.

It's a weighted average. The #1 team still has a better chance of getting the first pick. It was a great trade, but the pick might put them over the top.
theres a better chance the pick is between 2 and 5 than one. think about it. 4 to 1

If the pick ends up being #2 after the ping pong balls many heads will explode in the NBA.

You trade the Nets pick to grab Kyrie, trade back to #3 and get Tatum and replace the lost Nets pick which turns out better.

That **** just is not supposed to happen.:D

Draft seems pretty deep 2-5 at the moment so as long as the Lakers keep losing the trade looks better and better.

Disgraceful. The wrong team are the true fakers.

So The Nets have gone on a 3 game winning strak and the Lakers a few games lost.

At .346 the Nets have the pre lottery 8th or 9th pick.
At .425 the Lakers have the 10th pick so we need them to win picks 2 or 3 post lottery.

The Nets play the Celtics tomorrow ... hope we lose LOL.
Lakers have the rockets left ... they should lose that but it doesn't change anything.

8th or 9th pick is okay for the Cavs but Ainge made good deal(s) I think.
Unless of course if the Cavs end up winning the 1st pick then it's debate city.

Last edited:
can someone recap what the deal is with this pick and what it has to do with the Celtics? I have lost track of what pick the Celtics have at this point lol

thanks

can someone recap what the deal is with this pick and what it has to do with the Celtics? I have lost track of what pick the Celtics have at this point lol

thanks
if the laker pick is between 2 and 5 it becomes the Celtics pick. if not the Lakers keep the pick and the celtics get the kings pick next year. I don't remember if the kings pick is protected. it probably is.

Last edited:
if the laker pick is between 2 and 5 it becomes the Celtics pick. if not the Lakers keep the pick and we the kings pick next year. I don't remember if the kings pick is protected. it probably is.
ah, thank you!

Looking at the Lottery odds the Laker pick has a 4% chance to be wither 2 or 3. Can't get 4 or 5 pick.

Hope Ainge can borrow a lucky Shamrock.

Didn't I hear from both Fespn & the NBA network that if the Lakers pick landed at either 2 or 3, then it would revert to the Cs?

Just found this on the 4-letter network website:

"Weirdly, the Celtics and Sixers might have wanted the same outcome stemming from their split-up of the 2018 Lakers and 2019 Kings picks under the terms of the Jayson Tatum-Markelle Fultz pick swap. To review: Boston would have received the Lakers' pick this June only had it fallen anywhere from No. 2 through No. 5. (The Lakers pick entered the lottery at No. 10, and finished there.) Otherwise, the Celtics receive the Kings pick next season -- unless that pick lands at No. 1 or the Sixers are worse than the Kings, in which case Boston gets Philly's 2019 pick.

Boston probably valued the certainty of a top-five pick this season. Philly probably valued the possibility of snaring a much higher (than No. 10) Sacramento pick next season -- plus the extra cap space it would have derived this summer by virtue of not having a pick. I guess they both lost?

Sacramento moving up to No. 2 impacts that Philly-Boston trade, too. The Kings will add a good player, raising the (slight) possibility that they might not be the preferred (from Boston's perspective) level of horrible."

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back