PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Krafts are relentless in their assault on Belichick's coaching.

Kraft had a choice - BB leaves or Brady leaves.

Kraft put his money on the wrong horse and when Brady won # 7, BB lost some control over the team. Kraft was pixxed off, that banner was his and he became more vocal about his displeasure with drafting, wins and losses and post season absences. Kraft is so full of 5hit. He sat on his booster seat through every 2019 game and knew that Brady was not done and declining. The 2019 Patriots had the 7th ranked offense and had just won 12 games clinching the AFCE yet again.

Brady was vocal about the awful WRs and TEs that he was forced to play with - K Harry, Sanu, Josh Gordon,. In particular, Dorsett during one game where Dorsett ran the wrong read on a route stalling a drive out. Upon returning to the bench, Brady informed the Pats coaches that he was done with Dorsett in that game meaning no more looks open or not. Gronk gone and they brought in Grandpa Ben Watson as a replacement. What a 5hit show.

Brady took less money for the team and had to play with a group of WRs that came from the land of misfit toys. All Kraft had to do is clean house regarding NE WRs/TEs and bring in some actual playmakers.

The Krafts own the team. They hired Bill to run it. He did an outstanding job of doing so, and the Krafts supported him throughout that period, asking only such questions are are perfectly appropriate for the owner of any enterprise, for any employer, to ask of an employee. Then Bill began to fail, badly, first as GM, then as coach. They withdrew their support and fired him, as any owner is entitled and well-advised to do when an employee fails to do his job. I have no idea what all the d-----d whining is about. Grow up.

The Krafts own the team. They hired Bill to run it. He did an outstanding job of doing so, and the Krafts supported him throughout that period, asking only such questions are are perfectly appropriate for the owner of any enterprise, for any employer, to ask of an employee. Then Bill began to fail, badly, first as GM, then as coach. They withdrew their support and fired him, as any owner is entitled and well-advised to do when an employee fails to do his job. I have no idea what all the d-----d whining is about. Grow up.
It's about the last month and a half, that's what. As a fan, I don't want a meddling owner inserting themselves into football decisions. I don't want character assassinations to continue (for decades in Parcells' case). I don't want these things for obvious reasons: so the Patriots can attract talent and coaches. There are already coaches commenting that their experience interviewing with the Patriots is the worst one they've ever had. If you're not concerned about these things as a fan, you're whistling past the graveyard. This is the definition of being a mature grown-up. Recriminations are for toddlers.

Bill stayed true to what he was, a hard ass coach who wanted to low-ball every negotiation. It brought 6 SBs to NE. Every story from incoming players always went something like "Bill treats everyone the same. He even yells at Brady".

I don't fault Brady for wanting to leave if he didn't want that kind of hard coaching anymore. That's his prerogative. But at the same time, I don't fault Bill either. It's who he is and him being uncompromising is what led us to the great run.

Kraft meddling, was something I didn't think would happen.

I think we all have come to a understanding now that it worked because of Brady. Not because Kraft and Bill were financial gurus who was ahead of the curve.

I never thought Kraft would directly interfere and he didn't.

Turns out. He should have and there was a limit to how much control he should of allowed Bill.

It's about the last month and a half, that's what. As a fan, I don't want a meddling owner inserting themselves into football decisions. I don't want character assassinations to continue (for decades in Parcells' case). I don't want these things for obvious reasons: so the Patriots can attract talent and coaches. There are already coaches commenting that their experience interviewing with the Patriots is the worst one they've ever had. If you're not concerned about these things as a fan, you're whistling past the graveyard. This is the definition of being a mature grown-up. Recriminations are for toddlers.
Do you imagine the Krafts have built their rich array of successful enterprises by concentrating on being as nice as possible on every occasion? If a candidate is too weak to make it through an interview, why would you imagine that person can endure the rigors of actual employment, of actual work? I have hired a number of people. The purpose of an interview is not primarily to assess objectively the candidate's skills in the abstract - there are transcripts, recommendations and so forth to address that: the purpose of the interview is to see what the person is made of. "As a fan" i could not care less how some failed candidate or employee feels about his failure, whether after an unsuccessful interview, or after twenty years on the job.

FWIW, I doubt Bill himself would buy the notion that he is some aggrieved victim of "character assassination." He knows which way the wins blows, what's what. Why insult the man, by assuming he does not?

I think we all have come to a understanding now that it worked because of Brady. Not because Kraft and Bill were financial gurus who was ahead of the curve.

Turns out. He should have and there was a limit to how much control he should of allowed Bill.
I think there's an argument to be made that very early on Bill understood how to manage the cap better than other teams and had a more responsible sustainable approach. But as time went on, other teams like Rams figured out how to just throw money at high talent players and kick the can down the road constantly maybe only needing one big reset year that they would need to struggle with to get back to business. Which just meant later on teams could out talent us and without Brady being a big equalizer, it was unsustainable.

You nailed it on a macro level…totally agree with you :thumbsup:

We’ll never know all the micro details as to why everything fell apart in the last few years. We can all speculate and it’s not that hard to see in retrospect that both BB and the Krafts f@cked things up with the team construction, drafting and the whole Brady situation.

But there’s no point in dwelling on this now…what’s done is done and the team is moving forward. Truthfully, us fans should do the same but some fans just enjoy b!tching and moaning about everything for whatever personal reasons they have. A forum such as this is rife with these types of people/posts.

You shouldn't pay much attention to the whinings of people who interviewed and didn't get the job.

When the Patriots regularly make offers to people and get turned down, that's when we should be concerned. Let us know when that starts happening regularly.

But there’s no point in dwelling on this now…what’s done is done and the team is moving forward. Truthfully, us fans should do the same but some fans just enjoy b!tching and moaning about everything for whatever personal reasons they have. A forum such as this is rife with these types of people/posts.
Some guys roll around in it like a dog in a mud puddle. They love the misery and to *****. Bill's gone. Move on.

So you're going to attack the Patriots fanbase because they don't agree with you that BB was doing a great job the past 4 years?

OK. How about you not resort to personal attacks and stick to talking actual football? You sound like you've gone off the deep end now.

We get that you think BB could do no wrong, we just disagree with that opinion based on the results. It's time to move on and get over it already. BB is gone, let it go already.

Everyone has a right to a personal opinion but there has to be a push back when you start talking down your nose to people. That's not cool and I'm not sure this thread is productive given how far it has devolved.
For a little while I thought he was trolling but he really is that dense. He truly believes Bill was doing everything right here and we were on the verge of turning it all around and if you don't agree then you're stupid. He also has no idea what he's talking about 95% of the time and states things as fact when they're far from it. He skews timelines and tells you players that played 3 snaps played a great game. He is honestly one of the worst posters on this site.

This right here. I wish Kraft meddled earlier and stopped Bill from some of his idiot decisions the last few years.

Do you imagine the Krafts have built their rich array of successful enterprises by concentrating on being as nice as possible on every occasion? If a candidate is too weak to make it through an interview, why would you imagine that person can endure the rigors of actual employment, of actual work? I have hired a number of people. The purpose of an interview is not primarily to assess objectively the candidate's skills in the abstract - there are transcripts, recommendations and so forth to address that: the purpose of the interview is to see what the person is made of. "As a fan" i could not care less how some failed candidate or employee feels about his failure, whether after an unsuccessful interview, or after twenty years on the job.

FWIW, I doubt Bill himself would buy the notion that he is some aggrieved victim of "character assassination." He knows which way the wins blows, what's what. Why insult the man, by assuming he does not?
The Krafts are showing they have such thin skin they need to do this sort of thing. And no, it's not typical for NFL franchises. The candidate who went through interviews didn't make that remark because of toughness or inability to make it through an interview or whatever you came up with. That candidate ended up in a better position. The reason he found it a bad interview is that it was full of upper management asking stultifying questions.

Creating a culture of recriminations is not going to appeal to outsiders. Who needs any of this? No one.

Some guys roll around in it like a dog in a mud puddle. They love the misery and to *****. Bill's gone. Move on.
The posts are about NOT doing this. I'm noting the Krafts are relentless. It's ironic no, that posters are being accused of perpetuating this stuff when we're actually noting that the Krafts are relentless with it.

The posts are about NOT doing this. I'm noting the Krafts are relentless. It's ironic no, that posters are being accused of perpetuating this stuff when we're actually noting that the Krafts are relentless with it.
Tom Cruise What GIF

Kraft had a choice - BB leaves or Brady leaves.

Kraft put his money on the wrong horse and when Brady won # 7, BB lost some control over the team. Kraft was pixxed off, that banner was his and he became more vocal about his displeasure with drafting, wins and losses and post season absences. Kraft is so full of 5hit. He sat on his booster seat through every 2019 game and knew that Brady was not done and declining. The 2019 Patriots had the 7th ranked offense and had just won 12 games clinching the AFCE yet again.

Brady was vocal about the awful WRs and TEs that he was forced to play with - K Harry, Sanu, Josh Gordon,. In particular, Dorsett during one game where Dorsett ran the wrong read on a route stalling a drive out. Upon returning to the bench, Brady informed the Pats coaches that he was done with Dorsett in that game meaning no more looks open or not. Gronk gone and they brought in Grandpa Ben Watson as a replacement. What a 5hit show.

Brady took less money for the team and had to play with a group of WRs that came from the land of misfit toys. All Kraft had to do is clean house regarding NE WRs/TEs and bring in some actual playmakers.
I agree about how bad the playmakers were in 2019, but that’s on Belichick, not Kraft. Kraft gave BB the keys to the castle, BB picked the roster. If Kraft goes in and starts picking the WRs it would have been against BB’s contract and BB would have bolted.

There was also the story how BB took away Brady’s control in 2019, not letting him tell the offensive players what to do/where to go or get mad at them. In one practice Harry was lined up wrong and Brady sat there and wouldn’t run the play until Josh came over to instruct Harry on what to do. The whole dynamic was ****ed by that point.

Upstutter has became fully unhinged. Secret vendettas, blame defection, claiming only 7 1st round QBs have panned out, and it seems like he recently learned the word "recrimination".

I agree about how bad the playmakers were in 2019, but that’s on Belichick, not Kraft. Kraft gave BB the keys to the castle, BB picked the roster. If Kraft goes in and starts picking the WRs it would have been against BB’s contract and BB would have bolted.

There was also the story how BB took away Brady’s control in 2019, not letting him tell the offensive players what to do/where to go or get mad at them. In one practice Harry was lined up wrong and Brady sat there and wouldn’t run the play until Josh came over to instruct Harry on what to do. The whole dynamic was ****ed by that point.

Bill bolting would of left us in a better place. At the very least it would of left us in the same place we are now but 4 seasons ago.

However I think after Bill came out at the end of this season and said on a Monday press conference he was open to giving up GM duties if it was decided it was best for the team, I think it's actually a myth that he would of bolted.

in the end, Kraft traded Brady's last 3 seasons for Bills last 4.

it was a horrendous decision and it needs to be recognized as such.

Upstutter has became fully unhinged. Secret vendettas, blame defection, claiming only 7 1st round QBs have panned out, and it seems like he recently learned the word "recrimination".

At some point you'd think they would stop disagreeing with every take they don't agree with but I guess some people really need others to know where they stand.

You finally see.

All the offensive coaching hiring point towards a short passing offense which is Corkys specialty. The deep ball is not his game and unless the WR is wide open, we have seen enough Corky floaters get picked off deep to confirm that.

GM Kraft took an OSU WR in 96 and what happened? Jambalaya.

GM Kraft is going back to the well 28 years later.
Deep ball isn't his game? It's not his universe. His deep balls were so off target I couldn't believe it last year. Dude, loves to throw off his back foot too like he has a rocket arm and his passes aren't going to be floating all over the field.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back