PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Krafts are relentless in their assault on Belichick's coaching.

You finally see.

All the offensive coaching hiring point towards a short passing offense which is Corkys specialty. The deep ball is not his game and unless the WR is wide open, we have seen enough Corky floaters get picked off deep to confirm that.

GM Kraft took an OSU WR in 96 and what happened? Jambalaya.

GM Kraft is going back to the well 28 years later.

I would hate this for two reasons. One watching Mac is like watching Cam, I can't take it. Whiny, peevish baby. Two, you would be right and I hate admitting you were right. :p

I decided for them.

Mac for a 7th rounder
Make sure you clear that trade with @
You LOSE that bet.

BINGO!
Real fan 02 cites selective evidence to reinforce a bias. Gotta admit all evidence.

Here's the big for me. BB's Mona Lisa had him stand up for TFB and the Patriots, while Kraft turtled "for the good of the 32"
I believe I was the 1st here to post PV=nRT & implications. A billion dollar org had to have had SOMEONE, e.g. Matty P who knew this.
Screenshot_20240223_182952_Samsung Internet.jpg

If the Kraft’s are doing Belichick dirty they are only hurting themselves and the franchise. Good people don’t want to work for people who pull that kind of ****.
You'd be hard pressed to find better "good" players than Brady and Gronk at their position. Both didn't want to work for Belichick. They were fine working for Kraft

Mutual parting, leaving with a nice severance package... don't see anything vile about that.. it's not like Bill is eating out a soup kitchen because the krafts screwed him. Bill screwed himself.. he was forced to draft and sign players, he was forced to hiring guys.. BS.. look I've said that TB12, Bill and Bob all collectively were great together all played a part in the winning. I appreciate and respect Bill for everything he did. It's all over let's get back to winning!!!
You'll realize that there is a certain contingent of people on here that they were better than other football fans because they had Bill Belichick and absolutely can't handle any criticism of him even if it's just pure numbers (his record without Brady). It's why you get dumb takes like all of a sudden Kraft was meddling. For years it was Bill ran the show. Now it's "Kraft is the secret evil reason for bad decisions and Bill was the reason for the good ones".

Kraft right now as I see it is the owner who forced out both Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Jellyfish Bob gets to carry both of those moves to his grave.
In my opinion Bill did it to himself with the lack of a QB plan when he chased TB out of town, his terrible drafts and a 4-13 season. Im not sticking up for RK but how should Bill get to keep his job with the **** he put on the field last season. How is that on Kraft?

He made his choices he was complacent and then forced out Bill anyway. I don't see how this looks good on Kraft. But you can tell yourself whatever you want too.
Brady was unhappy with Belichick. There were only two ways to get Brady to stay.

1. Force Bill to change his ways in how he treated Brady. That was not happening, Bill has shown he will not change.
2. Kick Belichick out to appease Brady.

Kraft was presented a pretty binary choice in a broken relationship. Brady or Belichick. He picked the coach. You can interpret that as "Kraft forcing Brady out". But Brady doesn't seem to think he left because of Kraft. He left because he had a problem with the coach of the franchise. The coach wasn't going to take the neccessary steps to fix the relationship. The owner had to make a decision when the QB hit free agency. Do something drastic to appease the QB and undermine the coach or let the QB walk so the coach could have his way. He picked the coach. He later regretted it.

You can blame Kraft, but the blame is for picking the wrong guy who showed he couldn't rebuild the team without Brady.

You'll realize that there is a certain contingent of people on here that they were better than other football fans because they had Bill Belichick and absolutely can't handle any criticism of him even if it's just pure numbers (his record without Brady). It's why you get dumb takes like all of a sudden Kraft was meddling. For years it was Bill ran the show. Now it's "Kraft is the secret evil reason for bad decisions and Bill was the reason for the good ones".
Your absolutely correct, if you saw the post becuase I said the truth about how Bill threw Brady under the bus with deflategate , the Bill defenders went on the attack on me.. your spot on with your assessment. I've said that no ownership is ever going to pay a GM "not" to make decisions.. Curran even mentioned himself as he said he vacationed with bill. He said, and spoke on how frugal bill was and treated krafts money as his own... If I'm being paid 25 million my boss can "meddle " all he wants.

In my opinion Bill did it to himself with the lack of a QB plan when he chased TB out of town, his terrible drafts and a 4-13 season. Im not sticking up for RK but how should Bill get to keep his job with the **** he put on the field last season. How is that on Kraft?
Facts are facts Bob didn't re-sign Brady in 2020 and Bob just fired Bill.

Stuff like this is the reason that I lost respect for Kraft years ago and nothing he has done recently has led me to believe that I mis judged him. He is a vile, vicious little man and has zero integrity. This is not about being team Bill or anything like that. My disdain for him started during deflategate when he threw Tom to the wolves and he is doing it again to Bill. He is also responsible for the mess this franchise is in because I do believe he forced Mac on to Bill and the results speak for themselves. I really wish the Krafts would sell the team or they would be forced out. He has gone from being one of the best owners to one of the worst IMO. If they keep Mac and we end up with the same record next season then whom will he blame???
The only reason to believe Mac was forced on Bill is a reluctance to blame Bill for his ability to evaluate a QB in the draft and then put an offense where he could develop. It's really just shifting the blame.

The truth is there is absolutely zero reason to believe Mac wasn't Bill's choice. Mac was the 5th QB taken in the draft and last first rounder. We did not stretch or make a big play to get Mac. We needed a QB and the only way to avoid taking Mac was

1. If we traded up. That was not and never has been Bill's MO and another team jumped us for Fields. Bill was never making an aggressive play for a QB.

2. If someone took Mac before us.

We took Mac because it was a typical Bill Belichick move. And everyone was ready to applaud him for staying put and getting his guy until for a year until he completely trashed the offense by giving it to Patricia, never addressing WR and giving away lineman without replacing them. All of those are also pretty much how Bill has operated lately.

As far as the record stands now, Kraft without Belichick and Brady went to more Super Bowls and won more playoff games than Belichick did without Brady. Kraft's absolute worse stretch as owner was when Brady left and Bill Belichick turned back into the guy who coached the Browns in the 90's.

People get upset about the dogpile on Belichick, but if you are going to try to force blame on literally anyone else for the coaches failure, you're going to get people pointing out how Bill had more control than any coach in the NFL and the owner enabled him to win out over the GOAT player and the coach had absymal results.

And if Kraft is such a great owner, why did he let Brady leave? I do not believe that it was entirely Bill’s decision, Kraft is back peddling in his slimy way and wants us to believe that he had nothing to do with it. That is BS and every one that believes Bill single-handedly made that decision is Naive. Kraft wants everyone including Tom to view him favourably, what a crock !!! He is a petty and arrogant person and I can’t stand him anymore!!! If my love for the Patriots wasn’t this deep, I would have stopped watching them because of the mess he has made.
Bill has handled all this with class, the Krafts have done the opposite!!!!
I like how you think Tom and Gronk are wrong for who their problem was with. Brady didn't want to stay if Bill wasn't going to change how he treated him. Bill wasn't capable of doing that. So the owner had to choose between the two when Brady's contract came up. You obviously like Bill way too much to accept firing Bill to keep Brady, so the only option was to let Bill coach how he wanted and then Brady was going to walk.

I don't know why you think you understand the situation Brady was in more than him. And speaking of class, Bill had idiots on his coaching staff leaking **** about how they could win a Super Bowl with any top 10 QB while Brady was in the middle of an MVP season. I don't see how that is class but Kraft letting people know a factual problem players had with Belichick and those players backing it up is an issue.

Again this all stems from some people wanting to avoid how the players felt about Bill and not wanting to assign him blame for problems on the team.

Your absolutely correct, if you saw the post becuase I said the truth about how Bill threw Brady under the bus with deflategate , the Bill defenders went on the attack on me.. your spot on with your assessment. I've said that no ownership is ever going to pay a GM "not" to make decisions.. Curran even mentioned himself as he said he vacationed with bill. He said, and spoke on how frugal bill was and treated krafts money as his own... If I'm being paid 25 million my boss can "meddle " all he wants.
When Bill responded to deflategate his press conference was effectively "I don't deal with the footballs, ask Tom".

I get why fans are mad at Kraft about deflategate because he basically said he would take the punishment lying down and didn't double down to get out of it. But at least he said he disagreed with the rulings and made it seem like he believed Brady. He didn't pull what Bill did and said "idk, this is a Tom Brady thing".

But if there's someone Brady and his camp would be mad at in that scenario, it was the guy who when all the spotlight was on him basically told the whole world "look at Tom not me". Because after that moment it became a Tom Brady story and Brady became the main target and was left hung out to dry. If people can't handle that, it's because they can't handle critcism of Bill. And if you can't handle critcism of Bill, they you should stop making nonsense narratives of blaming everyone else for Bill's mistakes that people obviously will call BS on.

Facts are facts Bob didn't re-sign Brady in 2020 and Bob just fired Bill.
You can't re-sign someone who doesn't want to re-sign. So the next question is, why was Brady so against re-signing. Hint: it wasn't because he had a problem with Robert Kraft.

When a player doesn't re-sign you know who is the person who failed to sign them? The GM. Nobody thinks Kraft is the reason Deion Branch didn't re-sign or Wes Welker.

So I don't know why we are pretending Kraft is the GM in this case. The GM failed to re-sign Tom Brady and we know a big reason he couldn't was because Brady had a personal issue with the GM. So how is this a Kraft thing? Oh I guess the GM only got credit for not re-signing someone when they decline a few years after and it seems like a good decision.

Funny how all the good things are Bill's fault and the bad things are Kraft even when they fall under the exact same umbrella.

Putting words in his mouth again. The statement was made by present RKK (when the film was made), not in 2002. The next shot is a dirt explosion in 1971 of when Foxboro stadium was being built, so it was a nice segue to the past of how he planned to acquire the team.

2002 version (11:52 in the show) actually did say, "I feel very fortunate our family is back in the Super Bowl."
Thanks for calling upstater out. Dude's the biggest liar on the forum. Constantly makes **** up to feed his agenda:

Kraft = bad
Brady = bad
Bill = saint, can do no harm

When Bill responded to deflategate his press conference was effectively "I don't deal with the footballs, ask Tom".

I get why fans are mad at Kraft about deflategate because he basically said he would take the punishment lying down and didn't double down to get out of it. But at least he said he disagreed with the rulings and made it seem like he believed Brady. He didn't pull what Bill did and said "idk, this is a Tom Brady thing".

But if there's someone Brady and his camp would be mad at in that scenario, it was the guy who when all the spotlight was on him basically told the whole world "look at Tom not me". Because after that moment it became a Tom Brady story and Brady became the main target and was left hung out to dry. If people can't handle that, it's because they can't handle critcism of Bill. And if you can't handle critcism of Bill, they you should stop making nonsense narratives of blaming everyone else for Bill's mistakes that people obviously will call BS on.
Preach on!! To add to your perfectly put post. When spygate was happening Brady and all the guys were behind Bill. Wich helped fuel the undefeated season. I've mentioned that is when the wedge started, going back to the 2014 draft with getting Jimmy G. Tom felt he was getting replaced.. the ol' "we all know Tom's age" comment. I've said myself my critique of bill has nothing to do with how great he was a coach I'd be a fool not to acknowledge that! However strictly from a GM perspective the last 3 seasons the team worsend. The only part of the team that has anything salvageable is the defense. We all know guys get hurt, leave in FA, get cut. Traded but a GMs job is to adequately replace them. The most important position of all at QB was utterly butchered.

You can't re-sign someone who doesn't want to re-sign. So the next question is, why was Brady so against re-signing. Hint: it wasn't because he had a problem with Robert Kraft.

When a player doesn't re-sign you know who is the person who failed to sign them? The GM. Nobody thinks Kraft is the reason Deion Branch didn't re-sign or Wes Welker.

So I don't know why we are pretending Kraft is the GM in this case. The GM failed to re-sign Tom Brady and we know a big reason he couldn't was because Brady had a personal issue with the GM. So how is this a Kraft thing? Oh I guess the GM only got credit for not re-signing someone when they decline a few years after and it seems like a good decision.

Funny how all the good things are Bill's fault and the bad things are Kraft even when they fall under the exact same umbrella.
Spot on! Was he forced to sign juju.. give Parker an extension.. sign Chris board .
I forgot he even was on the team lol.. vederian Lowe, giving Trent Brown a pay raise to show up.. not playing pop early on the teams most explosive play maker.

And if Kraft is such a great owner, why did he let Brady leave? I do not believe that it was entirely Bill’s decision, Kraft is back peddling in his slimy way and wants us to believe that he had nothing to do with it. That is BS and every one that believes Bill single-handedly made that decision is Naive. Kraft wants everyone including Tom to view him favourably, what a crock !!! He is a petty and arrogant person and I can’t stand him anymore!!! If my love for the Patriots wasn’t this deep, I would have stopped watching them because of the mess he has made.
Bill has handled all this with class, the Krafts have done the opposite!!!!
There was nothing Kraft could do to make Brady stay, short of firing Bill. Brady had enough of putting up with Bill's **** and wanted out. Just like Gronk wanted out. Bill 100% drove both of them out because his arrogance didn't allow him to flex his ass-holiness. Yet, Kraft stood by Bill, until he royally ****ed up the team.

Bill hasn't handled anything w/ class. He's just refused to comment, which is typical.

Example 1: Parcells

In the Dynasty Ep 3, Parcell's is painted as unfocused and selfish by the Krafts. Yet, Parcell appears and says the Krafts were meddling and the org. was being run by ppl that had no ****ing clue what they were doing, so he bailed. Two sides to story.

That's hardly a good look for the Krafts, in a docu-series that ppl claim is a Kraft hit job on Bill. The Director is clearly independent.

Example 2: Spygate

We hear about Spygate from all kinds of ppl, except the 2 most involved: Bill, who refused to say anything (is that being classy?), and Ernie actually said he's taking it to his grave (lol). Both were given the opportunity to explain their side but refused. They look slimy and guilty as sin. Who's fault is that? Krafts?

Team Bill will excuse anything concerning Bill and blame Kraft, Brady, Goodell, the media, etc. Fact is Bill is a man like any other, with faults. Team Bill is a cult.

The docu-series is about the relationships between the 3 main characters in the Dynasty. Two of them get it. One is just being an *******.

How do you know what it's in relation to? The filmmaker put it right in relation to the '01 Super Bowl.

You're contradicting yourself here. The 2nd comment was from 20 years ago. Not the 1st. Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.
will-ferrell-elf.gif

I'm just happy to see that all the fans are now giving Brady the accolades he's due, and also Kraft admiting his mistake. It was infuriating in his last years with the weak defense of Brady in deflategate and the hubris that the Patriots would have won with any half decent QB. And of course some who worried about keeping Brady a year too late.

But the fact is when the Patriots won their last SB, they did it with old players past their prime. Brady would not have signed on past 2019 unless the Pats did everything in their power to continue winning. Basically mortgage their future. That's also not in BB DNA and lots of fans would not have liked it cause at the end of the day, the bills come due and this past year would have been the tank and rebuild season,.. but maybe the Pats would have an extra SB to show for it.

Last edited:

Brady not signing is very much Bill's fault I've never said it wasn't but fact is Kraft signs the checks and he let Brady walk too and he fired Bill these two things will always be on his resume.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back