PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Krafts are relentless in their assault on Belichick's coaching.

Agreed, I'm really interested to see the latter parts of the documentary say like 2014 and on.. as we had a 9 year drought of championships in between 05 and 14..
I doubt they'll go into much detail of the drought (which they should), but I'm sure there was some tension and certainly would've gone nuclear had Butler not come up with the INT in 2014.

I'm also hoping to see Matt Patricia make a cameo and say again that he's the "reason the Pats won in 2014". Lol.

It's been weeks and they are still at it.

We get it. Things ended in acrimony. It's Feb 22nd. More than a month later. You have an entire TV series which you produced highly critical of Belichick. But the drip drip drip is endless. Sabotage!!! Yes, Belichick hated Mac so much he sabotaged him!
It did not take much to sabotage Mac Jones, he did a good job of sabotaging himself.

Comments:

1.) Have not watched any of the episodes yet. Will start binge watching in the final week after episode #8 drops.

2.) It appears that this series isn't solely based on Jeff Benedict's "The Dynasty" book given the order of episodes released so far.

3.) Dunno about the Krafts ripping BB, but agree that the team is trying to inflate Jones' value rather than committing to Jones.

4.) Even after finding out that Jones was hurt in Germany...I was done with Jones after that underthrown-off-the-back-of-his-foot interception in Frankfurt. I still think he is a viable NFL starter given that he has the personnel needed on offense (i.e. good blocking and good playmakers). Just that we need a QB that can elevate the team or carry the team on his back when times are tough.

I doubt they'll go into much detail of the drought (which they should), but I'm sure there was some tension and certainly would've gone nuclear had Butler not come up with the INT in 2014.

I'm also hoping to see Matt Patricia make a cameo and say again that he's the "reason the Pats won in 2014". Lol.
Lol.. absolutely agree! There's always something that is going to be missing out documentaries. You'd think with us having 2 plus decades of success we'd have everything covered. I can bet the dissension started during deflategate when Bill said you'd have to ask Tom about footballs..

Yes, on Matt making the comments he made when he was the HC of the lions.

You honestly think this might not have been about the Rams Super Bowl?

If it's not, this whole thing is badly constructed. You don't do that in a documentary.
Absolutely not, especially after they immediately went to 1971.

It was an interesting place to start the "how I got to buy the team" (episode 3?), but I'm not a real filmmaker. It was fine with me, but I'm concurrently watching the Messi World Cup doc (also on Apple TV+) with all those interviews and flashbacks jumping all over the place, and I also loved the show Lost, so I enjoy it.

It wouldn't have happened had he stepped in when Bledsoe wanted him to. Kraft didn't want to handcuff Bill which would've set a bad example for the team.

It came full circle with Brady 19 years later when Bill didn't want to pay him. Had Brady just retired and not won another Super Bowl, Bill is probably still here.
I'm a huge Brady fan. I rooted for Brady in Tampa and wanted him to win. Despite knowing he almost did a Roger Clemens.

That being said, I understood very well that Brady would never win one again in New England, that we had squandered and/or lost a lot of draft capital, either not hitting in the draft, or because of deflategate, or because we traded for old vets to keep the vapor going behind our last Super Bowl run, and that the only thing to do was go forward with letting Brady go.

Part of me allowed that we could've stayed with Brady for a few more years, but it would've been like 2019.

If I, as a fan, can understand that the teams of 2012-2019 had come to a natural end, it makes no sense to me that Kraft can't understand this as well.

Absolutely not, especially after they immediately went to 1971.

It was an interesting place to start the "how I got to buy the team" (episode 3?), but I'm not a real filmmaker. It was fine with me, but I'm concurrently watching the Messi World Cup doc (also on Apple TV+) with all those interviews and flashbacks jumping all over the place, and I also loved the show Lost, so I enjoy it.
OK, let's disagree forever on this.

I mean, we're on entirely different planets.

The Patriots just win the AFCCG and there's Kraft immediately saying, When I bought the team I only dreamed of getting to a SB! These are sequential, the narrative logic is there, but somehow Kraft isn't referencing the SB his comment follows by 5 seconds.

If that's true, then this is bad filmmaking.

I said this in another thread: recently rewatched the BB doc about the '09 team. The interactions between BB and RK were awkward as hell. BB clearly did not want to really talk to him.

I personally don't blame him. What the **** does RK know about football or really have much to do with the team beyond owning it. What does RK have in common with anyone?

RK is just the less insane archetype that defines people like John DuPont and the Foxcatcher team. Otherworldly rich, yet intensely disconnected from everyone around them.

Listen, there's a reason this guy fetishizes and froths at the idea of black people liking him lmao.

OK, let's disagree forever on this.

I mean, we're on entirely different planets.

The Patriots just win the AFCCG and there's Kraft immediately saying, When I bought the team I only dreamed of getting to a SB! These are sequential, the narrative logic is there, but somehow Kraft isn't referencing the SB his comment follows by 5 seconds.

If that's true, then this is bad filmmaking.
Sounds like a plan. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

I said this in another thread: recently rewatched the BB doc about the '09 team. The interactions between BB and RK were awkward as hell. BB clearly did not want to really talk to him.

I personally don't blame him. What the **** does RK know about football or really have much to do with the team beyond owning it. What does RK have in common with anyone?

RK is just the less insane archetype that defines people like John DuPont and the Foxcatcher team. Otherworldly rich, yet intensely disconnected from everyone around them.

Listen, there's a reason this guy fetishizes and froths at the idea of black people liking him lmao.
Is the BB doc about the '09 team, A Football Life?

Please Dear God don’t let us keep Mac.
Can we all just please move on.
I am terrified they are going to draft Marvin Harrison Jr and give Mac weapons.
Fifth year option for Mac is $25.664 million. I think they have to decide this spring.

Is the BB doc about the '09 team, A Football Life?
Yes, I believe it is. Kind of strange to not have a better working relationship with your boss who's paying you 25 million. I always thought that was odd.

I can bet the dissension started during deflategate when Bill said you'd have to ask Tom about footballs..
I doubt that. Did you perhaps forget that Belichick held an entire press conference a week later to debunk that whole thing, where he stood on a podium and said he believes 100% that they have followed every rule to the letter with regard to preparing the footballs for game day (the "Mona Lisa Vito" press conference)?

McCarthy could be taken in the top 8 or higher.
I have Maybe and McCarthy as my 2 top QBs.
Followed by Daniel’s.

Williams is going to be a Bear
I’m not so sure on Williams. I think the interview/DD process will show some very serious concerns about his maturity, drive, and even skillset.

I can bet the dissension started during deflategate when Bill said you'd have to ask Tom about footballs..
You LOSE that bet.
I doubt that. Did you perhaps forget that Belichick held an entire press conference a week later to debunk that whole thing, where he stood on a podium and said he believes 100% that they have followed every rule to the letter with regard to preparing the footballs for game day (the "Mona Lisa Vito" press conference)?
BINGO!
Real fan 02 cites selective evidence to reinforce a bias. Gotta admit all evidence.

Here's the big for me. BB's Mona Lisa had him stand up for TFB and the Patriots, while Kraft turtled "for the good of the 32"
I believe I was the 1st here to post PV=nRT & implications. A billion dollar org had to have had SOMEONE, e.g. Matty P who knew this.

That is after the fact, he clearly said it during the Superbowl week press conference that "you will have to ask Brady about that. " pertaining to footballs. Did u perhaps watch any TV that week? Brady was left to speak on the issue, it wasn't until afterwards that bill came out and said what he said. Brady is the one who tooked the heat for deflategate. So nothing to doubt here.

You LOSE that bet.

BINGO!
Real fan 02 cites selective evidence to reinforce a bias. Gotta admit all evidence.

Here's the big for me. BB's Mona Lisa had him stand up for TFB and the Patriots, while Kraft turtled "for the good of the 32"
I believe I was the 1st here to post PV=nRT & implications. A billion dollar org had to have had SOMEONE, e.g. Matty P who knew this.
Ok your right, I'm so bias, I'll just listen to you.. I will go by what you post. You're tied in right? U know everything about the organization. Better yet @Ian @mike_usagisan let him be an admin and let us all know what really happened.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back