PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Krafts are relentless in their assault on Belichick's coaching.

Honestly? I’m ok with not taking the QB BUT would rather take best Tackle and get the WR in rd 2.

Maye is the only one of the three I feel good about and I suspect he gets taken before 3.

Reading some things about Williams that has me thinking dude could slide big time. Heck, I’d trade back to 8 of the Falcons offered multiple 1sts and a second and just take the top T or WR available. Get a QB later AND take one next year.

Rookie won’t be any better than Brissett would this year IMO.
Harrison is a can't miss pick.

For 20 plus years the Pats have struggled to draft a Stud WR. I expect that to be addressed immediately by Kraft.

Look folks this is simple. Bill is a good Defensive coach, he took a head coaching job in 2000, and the team was bad, then the QB got hurt and this unknown nobody QB who made all the scouts look bad came in and then the team became this winning team for 19 years, with all that winning in an attenpt to diminish Brady because the scouts all got it wrong. Bill took on this genius identity, and it became Bill can take any Qb and win 6 superbowls, well at some point, whatever happened....two egos clashing, Bill believing his headlines, etc, but Brady left, went to another team won a superbowl, and Bill was going to make whatever half ass Qb into a hall of famer and keep winning...that didnt happen, the team got worse, the QB got worse, the team hit new lows. Excuses were made, but but but.....and then Bill got fired and nobody would hire him, and I am amazed that Brady was able to do what he did covering up bad decisions and lack of focus on offense for 19 years. Now its over, and its an entire new staff and will probably a completely different team, that will be, whatever. End of story.
Look up punctuation lol but I agree with one thing. Bill got more credit than any other coach in history simply because Brady was a 6th rounder. It could not be that everybody was wrong about him. It must be something else. Oh I know it must be the coach. Somewhere along the line Bill believed that too. Looking at his attitude in early years vs later years is all you need to see.

If true, this might have something to do with it.

View attachment 56682
It is weird, that's for sure. It's one of those things that should be a nothing burger, but why the hell is it below his pocket? Could it be that he's just a dope and stuck it there?

I guess my take on it is if Bill put it there as a dig to the Krafts, that's petty. If he put it there because he's a odd guy, then that's petty on the Krafts part to take offense.

Seems unlikely to me that they'd burn him down because he wore a pin wrong. The dude made them billions. I could see that they'd be irritated that it's in an odd place, but he's no longer here because his offense was horrible.

I think this encapsulates Bill's attitude on younger players, and main component on why he's done.

Last edited:
Lol Kraft forced out Brady. Keep telling yourself that.
He made his choices he was complacent and then forced out Bill anyway. I don't see how this looks good on Kraft. But you can tell yourself whatever you want too.

It is weird, that's for sure. It's one of those things that should be a nothing burger, but why the hell is it below his pocket? Could it be that he's just a dope and stuck it there?

I guess my take on it is if Bill put it there as a dig to the Krafts, that's petty. If he put it there because he's a odd guy, then that's petty on the Krafts part to take offense.

Seems unlikely to me that they'd burn him down because he wore a pin wrong. The dude made them billions. I could see that they'd be irritated that it's in an odd place, but he's not longer here because his offense was horrible.

I think this encapsulates Bill's attitude on younger players, and main component on why he's done.

I doubt it was the reason but it might have been one of the final straws when it came to their relationship. An outward "F you" display to something the Kraft's are passionate about on a human level on top of all the issues with the team and I am sure personality clashes.

He made his choices he was complacent and then forced out Bill anyway. I don't see how this looks good on Kraft. But you can tell yourself whatever you want too.
If you honestly believe that Kraft forced Brady out and it wasn't Bill leading the charge then I don't know what to tell you. Of course Kraft had to sign off on it but there was even the reported last ditch effort by Kraft at the end when he had Brady over to his house and it was made clear that there were irreconcilable differences with Brady and Bill.

So the press said bad things do you have any quotes from the team or team personnel?

News flash Sports reporters are scumbags
Lol - you mean like the quotes in the OP? News flash - that's how ****ting on people works in sports. It's almost always through the media.

Lol - you mean like the quotes in the OP? News flash - that's how ****ting on people works in sports. It's almost always through the media.
Yes good example and it's almost always a bunch of mularky

So the press said bad things do you have any quotes from the team or team personnel?

News flash Sports reporters are scumbags
The premise of this entire thread is that there is a smear campaign in the media against Bill but you refuse to believe that there would be smear campaign in the media against former players?

Kraft right now as I see it is the owner who forced out both Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Jellyfish Bob gets to carry both of those moves to his grave.
Lol - I love how none of the bad decisions are Bill's. So you are saying for 20+ years he made all the decisions while we were winning and then stopped making them when we started losing?

Kraft blessed it as some decisions always require ownership's blessing but there is 0% doubt that it was Bill's call. Kraft gets the blame for letting it happen.

Now firing Bill is definitely Kraft's decision.

If you honestly believe that Kraft forced Brady out and it wasn't Bill leading the charge then I don't know what to tell you. Of course Kraft had to sign off on it but there was even the reported last ditch effort by Kraft at the end when he had Brady over to his house and it was made clear that there were irreconcilable differences with Brady and Bill.
There was no charge being led. For a couple years Bill didn't want to give Brady a long term deal because he had him locked up until he was 42. Brady decided he was going to leave if he didn't get what he wanted and Kraft agreed not to give in to Brady and instead gave him a no franchise clause and in essence facilitated his exit.

If true, this might have something to do with it. Either BB was being petty or just careless, not a good look either way. But for the Krafts to hold a grudge against him for it after firing him is its own kind of pettiness.
I've long had a personal philosophy that if I ever feel I hold the high ground, I had damned well better comport myself accordingly, e.g. don't be petty.

Long story short, the Pats have filled the emotional need I had for them, but I was still inclined to continue following the team casually. If the Krafts keep this up, they will make it easy for me to instead decide to do something else with my Sundays.

Harrison is a can't miss pick.

For 20 plus years the Pats have struggled to draft a Stud WR. I expect that to be addressed immediately by Kraft.
Everyone agreeing he is a can't miss has me nervous. I remember when Seahawks drafted a can't miss LB 5th overall a long time ago. Everyone thought he was the can't miss player and he sucked.

The premise of this entire thread is that there is a smear campaign in the media against Bill but you refuse to believe that there would be smear campaign in the media against former players?
The press does their thing it's all BS I'm going off of my own anger on them firing Bill.

Lol - I love how none of the bad decisions are Bill's. So you are saying for 20+ years he made all the decisions while we were winning and then stopped making them when we started losing?

Kraft blessed it as some decisions always require ownership's blessing but there is 0% doubt that it was Bill's call. Kraft gets the blame for letting it happen.

Now firing Bill is definitely Kraft's decision.
I was very upset with Bill when he let Brady walk too.

Stuff like this is the reason that I lost respect for Kraft years ago and nothing he has done recently has led me to believe that I mis judged him. He is a vile, vicious little man and has zero integrity. This is not about being team Bill or anything like that. My disdain for him started during deflategate when he threw Tom to the wolves and he is doing it again to Bill. He is also responsible for the mess this franchise is in because I do believe he forced Mac on to Bill and the results speak for themselves. I really wish the Krafts would sell the team or they would be forced out. He has gone from being one of the best owners to one of the worst IMO. If they keep Mac and we end up with the same record next season then whom will he blame???

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back