PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The kinda of catastrophe I do NOT want to see on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking football isn't wasting my time. Gaining information about something that matters to me isn't wasting my time.

If I were to write posts that are meaningless and silly I would be wasting my time (and perhaps there are people on this board who feel that is the case).

Look, do I think the Pats will beat the Texans? Yes I do.... for obvious reasons.

I was simply making a point that it would take a catastrophic series of misplays and turnovers for something like this to happen...and I wouldn't put it past anyone (Belichick included) to bring up recent moments like the Eagles game or the 2010 Divisional round vs. the Jets.

For me, it's not about being fixated on disaster or needlessly worrying about what could go wrong. It's taking a serious look into the kinds of things a team has to prepare for, in overcoming mistakes and bad plays on the field.

That's all I was hoping to discuss... love it or leave it

I own my faults. I like the ignore feature. Call it what you want but basically PatsFans.com is my world and everyone is living in it according to my iggy list lol

Before we go too deep and can't come back from the joke, I accepted that I am a loser for this and didn't really ignore you
No worries. Honestly that is how I think about the "ignore" option. Why would anyone bother to join a message board then actually ignore people on it? Really actually curious why one would bother to even post at all on something like this with that kind of approach.

Look, do I think the Pats will beat the Texans? Yes I do.... for obvious reasons.

I was simply making a point that it would take a catastrophic series of misplays and turnovers for something like this to happen...and I wouldn't put it past anyone (Belichick included) to bring up recent moments like the Eagles game or the 2010 Divisional round vs. the Jets.

For me, it's not about being fixated on disaster or needlessly worrying about what could go wrong. It's taking a serious look into the kinds of things a team has to prepare for, in overcoming mistakes and bad plays on the field.

So we want to talk about that its important that they don't play like crap?

I think the problem is ... and I'm gonna try and make it as simple as I can cause it's kinda complicated. Here we go.

The Patriots are RIDICULOUS favorites this weekend. I mean, world is ending if they lose kind of favorites. So as soon as the Texans were cemented as their opponent we have been hearing the "Ooooh, be caaaareful! Ya never knowwww! 2010!!! Aaaaaany given Suundayyyy, hurrr!" for at least the last 3 days. So much so to the point that it's like, ok man, we get it. Anything can happen. Yep. Got it.

If you made this thread and it was an opponent like the Raiders with Carr or the Chiefs, it'd be well received because the Pats would still be favorites, but not so bad to the point where people would be pushing the "AAAAAANY GIVEN SUNDAAAAY! REMEMBER THE JEEEEETS, THE GIIIIANTS! HuuuuRRRR!" narrative. Hell even if you made the thread right after the Texans won you'd at least be in the acceptable wave of "be wary" posts and takes.

The problem isn't your thread, it's actually that it's too late for the thread and we've already got the point that anything can happen and nothing's guaranteed. I hope that helped.

No worries. Honestly that is how I think about the "ignore" option. Why would anyone bother to join a message board then actually ignore people on it? Really actually curious why one would bother to even post at all on something like this with that kind of approach.
It's kinda the same reason you unfollow people on Facebook but remain friends. Like, "Hey I like you and all but shut the **** up for a little bit because you're starting to get on my nerves."

It's kinda the same reason you unfollow people on Facebook but remain friends. Like, "Hey I like you and all but shut the **** up for a little bit because you're starting to get on my nerves."
huh. I quit FB entirely a while back because the whole thing was a pain in the ass so I guess that was the ultimate ignore...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes