PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Josh Gordon Thread: Pats Officially Acquire Gordon for Fifth-Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have digested this over the past few hours and my opinion is this: I will support Gordon and put his past behind him. Hes a Patriot now and I hope being one he can stay sober and do his job.

Good luck Gordon.

I'm sure that'll be a relief to Gordon.
I don't get why you're so sarcastic to me. Granted, it could be a thing you do to everyone, but I dont remember doing anything if you have an issue with me. Im not whining, just apologize if I said something months ago or last year and forgot.

If you do it to everyone then its fine.

I am at a loss for words...

I don't expect this to work. But if he proves me wrong it's crazy to think about the numbers he's been able to put up with a never ending stream of garbage, not ready for the NFL, QBs in Cleveland. Think about what he could do with the GOAT. Assuming he can stay sober for a little while and grasp the system. Could be the second best receiver Tom has ever had.

If you guys want to crowd fund $100,000, I’m going to volunteer to handcuff myself to Gordon whenever he’s off the field.

I don't get why you're so sarcastic to me. Granted, it could be a thing you do to everyone, but I dont remember doing anything if you have an issue with me. Im not whining, just apologize if I said something months ago or last year and forgot.

Nothing here is personal. If I think you make great points, I'll often let it be known. And if I think you make lousy points, I'll often let it be known. That's how these places are supposed to work. As to the specifics:

The players don't give a rat's ass if some nameless, faceless clowns on a message board "digested this over the past few hours and my opinion is this: I will support Gordon and put his past behind him." No offense, but after all, who the hell are you to be putting Gordon's past behind him? Beyond how it affects his play on the field, a player's past is not really any of our business, and talking about it as anything beyond that is really nothing more than a modern form of (mostly) male gossip.

in before the deafening crowd....

I'm not sure many of the pipsqueaks around here ever heard of the Flash Gordon movie serial from 82 years ago. But please explain this to me: in a time and place where people travel by spaceship, why do they fight with swords? :confused:

Nothing here is personal. If I think you make great points, I'll often let it be known. And if I think you make lousy points, I'll often let it be known. That's how these places are supposed to work. As to the specifics:

The players don't give a rat's ass if some nameless, faceless clowns on a message board "digested this over the past few hours and my opinion is this: I will support Gordon and put his past behind him." No offense, but after all, who the hell are you to be putting Gordon's past behind him? Beyond how it affects his play on the field, a player's past is not really any of our business, and talking about it is really nothing more than a modern form of (mostly) male gossip.

98599015-portrait-of-old-grandpa-doing-facepalm-forgetful-old-man-holding-his-hand-to-his-forehead-.jpg

I'm not sure many of the pipsqueaks around here ever heard of the Flash Gordon movie serial from 82 years ago. But please explain this to me: in a time and place where people travel by spaceship, why do they fight with swords? :confused:

because phasers weren't invented until the late 60's on Star Trek....jeez, wake up will ya?

BTW, after the Gordon trade was announced as a done deal, BB still refused to say a deal had been made.Don't know what it means but..

If he doesn’t work out we can opt not to resign him and some other team will over pay him and we will end up with a 5th round compensatory pick. We win no matter what...

Thank you. Another poster who gets how low the risk is.

Brady6 has always been a... uh...

...font of wisdom. ;)

(I’m here all week... try the veal!)

I don't expect this to work. But if he proves me wrong it's crazy to think about the numbers he's been able to put up with a never ending stream of garbage, not ready for the NFL, QBs in Cleveland. Think about what he could do with the GOAT. Assuming he can stay sober for a little while and grasp the system. Could be the second best receiver Tom has ever had.

You're going through the stages of grief pretty quickly in this thread! We've already seen denial and anger and this is pretty damn close to bargaining.

The players don't give a rat's ass if some nameless, faceless clowns on a message board "digested this over the past few hours and my opinion is this: I will support Gordon and put his past behind him." No offense, but after all, who the hell are you to be putting Gordon's past behind him? Beyond how it affects his play on the field, a player's past is not really any of our business, and talking about it as anything beyond that is really nothing more than a modern form of (mostly) male gossip.

Yeah, but if you took out all the posts that filled your criteria, this thread would be about four pages long...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes