PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Josh Gordon Thread: Pats Officially Acquire Gordon for Fifth-Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true. I watched him play football last Sunday and he made a catch/tip toe in the endzone that no one on this roster can make.

I mean, Gronkowski had a better version of it that week. Against a better defense. And he caught more than one pass in the game.

I mean, Gronkowski had a better version of it that week. Against a better defense. And he caught more than one pass in the game.

Let me start off by saying I love Gronk. But watch both those scores again. Gordon high points it over a corner and tip toes as he’s falling out of bounds for the score. Gronks was nice don’t get me wrong but when he caught it he was at the 1/2 yard line and just had to hit the pylon. I know Gronk can make the catch, im just not sure he has the footwork to tip toe like that for the score.

You can reason with them, put them in rehab, lock them up, punish them, beat them, pray over them but until an alcoholic wants to do anything to stop it’s all for naught.

I'd have been surprised anyway, but now I'd be shocked. The week following a tough loss has historically been circle-the-wagons time for the Pats.

I think they should take a flyer on Gordon and also bring in Bryant for a look....it’s pretty obvious that the current WR group is not going to get it done on consistent basis.....Hogan is fine for a 3rd or 4th option....but always worrying if he can stay healthy.....Edelman , Gordon, Bryant, (possession)and Gronk?! Now we are talking!!

Also obviously need better play from OL in all phases and defense....a lot of holes to fill

Passing on Dola was a bad move. We would have also lost the AFCCG by double digits without him.

It’s A problem, but not the biggest one, at least how I see it.
I think the defensive issues will get worked out over time. WR is the biggest personnel issue on the team right now though.

Clearly the biggest is the defense overall but WR is #2.

I think the defensive issues will get worked out over time. WR is the biggest personnel issue on the team right now though.

You guys might be right, but in 3 of the past 4 meaningful games for this team the offensive line and defensive line were just bullied around - twice against Jax, against Philly and even in the Carolina preseason game. There is only so much Brady can do. If you give him the time, Brady can turn mediocre WRs into decent ones. Cannon’s annual injury and losing Wynn are going to hurt this team down the stretch. And no pressure against a more physical Jax offensive line meant a loser like Bortles can look like Nick Foles in the SB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back