PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Josh Gordon Thread: Pats Officially Acquire Gordon for Fifth-Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least that's what the Browns want everyone to think so they can trade him.
Not only have Schefter and Rappaport made it clear that it has nothing to do with substance abuse, but the Browns wouldn't get away with doing something as scummy as trading a guy away while withholding information about an impending suspension.

The biggest problem I see is that his first two choices are not here. After looking into this situation more, I’m starting to get the picture he is not a B.B. type of guy.

That’s the article that shows his injury was at a photo shoot and he was late for practice.
Mary Kay Cabot reported that he “wasn’t himsekf when he showed up” and suggests that’s a sign of possible drug abuse.

We could take the report that Gordon “wasn’t himself” as him being completely sober.

That’s the article that shows his injury was at a photo shoot and he was late for practice.
Mary Kay Cabot reported that he “wasn’t himsekf when he showed up” and suggests that’s a sign of possible drug abuse.

Ah so the photo shoot was not at the Browns facility. Got it. The way I read the article I thought he was late to a photo shoot at the Browns facility then hurt his hammy.

Rapoport is saying his release had nothing to do with a potential relapse.

Who knows with this guy....

Ah so the photo shoot was not at the Browns facility. Got it. The way I read the article I thought he was late to a photo shoot at the Browns facility then hurt his hammy.

Rapoport is saying his release had nothing to do with a potential relapse.

Who knows with this guy....

Anyways it looks like we’re on to kenny britt.

The biggest problem I see is that his first two choices are not here. After looking into this situation more, I’m starting to get the picture he is not a B.B. type of guy.

a BB type of guy is a player that....

1. Helps him win
2. Is respectful of the program and the team
3. Is responsible
4. Is accountable

There is no question at CLE Josh has flunked all of those. The question is would BB make it a clean slate for him here and prove himself. I want to say yes but that cat has some serious baggage which might make him incapable of doing those things here.

I know he is a bad presence in the browns locker room and he is on drugs. I thought this over this way: if I were in cleaveland would I be a locker room menace and loudmouth drunk ranting about all manner of things after 20 or so losses in a row? Oh hell, I do almost all that now. But yes, if I were a player on that team I’d take drugs fast
I think you'd be better off doing what Ricky Williams did: admit you're in a situation you can't deal with, and give yourself a big time out till you get released by the team holding your rights or they trade them to some organization you think you can deal with.

RW had the huge advantage of the old CBA where rookies were given huge signing bonuses, but still, doing what JG is doing now is just self destruction.

a BB type of guy is a player that....

1. Helps him win
2. Is respectful of the program and the team
3. Is responsible
4. Is accountable

There is no question at CLE Josh has flunked all of those. The question is would BB make it a clean slate for him here and prove himself. I want to say yes but that cat has some serious baggage which might make him incapable of doing those things here.

I agree. After reading up on the guy, I don’t see the usual parameters. Maybe he covers number one on that list, maybe not yet he can be counted on to mess up at least two of those.
Also, he does not understand lacrosse or know his fore from his aft.

Last edited:
Me2. Outside wr who knows the playbook.
Thats the difference maker for me.

If hes healthy, Tom is OK throwing to him and hes 100% all-in with the program Britt needs to get the nod over Josh.

If he was still unhealthy then maybe you roll the dice with Josh.

I'm still curious about Coleman.

In the 6 years since he has been drafted, inactive for two, he has played 40 games...

Reportedly a head case never mind the substance about crap, I wish him well and hope he figures it out but not on this team.. he needs to find some kind of place that will hold his hand... that is not the Patriots.

With that being said hope Gordon does not wind up being a statistic on some gub'ment chart... another great talent who will be flushed down the crapper.

In the 6 years since he has been drafted, inactive for two, he has played 40 games...

Reportedly a head case never mind the substance about crap, I wish him well and hope he figures it out but not on this team.. he needs to find some kind of place that will hold his hand... that is not the Patriots.

With that being said hope Gordon does not wind up being a statistic on some gub'ment chart... another great talent who will be flushed down the crapper.
There are many sadder cases out there than a guy who is good at a sport throwing away his opportunity.

There are many sadder cases out there than a guy who is good at a sport throwing away his opportunity.

I agree but was discussing Gordon and how he has chosen this path..

I say we get Josh and Dez, put them in the thunderdome with the winner getting to join the Patriots.

So, how many wish for a tie? :D

Not 100% now. They got one tie
Okay, slight change of phrase - "you were not winning against them 100% of the time"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick