PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets are Closing the Gap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mayo made more of an impact this year than Gholston. Sure, he'll play inside, so he doesn't have to be as large as Gholston. And he's not as big or strong.

These Jets fans are going by mock drafts. They're armchair GMs.

It's too bad he's about 230 LBS and ran a 4.53 at the combine. But his character and heart are outstanding:<blocktext>If a linebacker is going to play on Saturday, Chavis says, that means he must put in five days of good work during the week.

Mayo extended that to everyday, whether or not it was football season.

"I never went home, that's why I graduated early," said Mayo, who graduated in December. "I was always in the film room, always in the weight room, always trying to get that competitive edge."</blocktext>http://govolsxtra.com/news/2008/apr/24/mayo-ready-to-be-part-of-tradition/

But Mayo's play speaks for itself and his meetings with personnel people and GMs had him moving up the first round. The Patriots acted proactively by taking him when they did. Sure, it would have been nice to have taken him three or four picks latter but it wasn't in the cards.

Now I get to look forward to Alan Faneca getting his facemask busted in by Seymour.

The only gap the Jests (yes, like that) are closing is the one which spans their salary output and the cap. Dead money for years to come. Happy days are here again...what a joke.

The thing I believe people miss about the Jets' habit for draft blunders is the fact that they don't necessarily draft bad players...it is that they do not have the first clue as to how to manage, coach, and develop young players. Some of these "busts" could have turned out completely different in another organization, but the lack of competent coaching (not just the head coach but the position level coaches as well) wastes their talent.

The thing I believe people miss about the Jets' habit for draft blunders is the fact that they don't necessarily draft bad players...it is that they do not have the first clue as to how to manage, coach, and develop young players. Some of these "busts" could have turned out completely different in another organization, but the lack of competent coaching (not just the head coach but the position level coaches as well) wastes their talent.
Thats what I posted last night when someone was on the ledge about the jets getting Gholston. I said don't worry its the jets were talking about here. They'll find some way of screwing him up,or in the end trading like they did with other D-ends and LB's

Maybe the Pats can lose a lot more games than the Jets, and then they can have higher draft picks than the Jets. Until then, the Pats have to settle for lower picks.

F*ck the Jets.

Amen....time for me to get out my Jests toilet paper to wipe my a## with again.....next roll will be in honor of the miami doofins!!!

They're definitely closing the gap. They might win seven games this year.

No team that starts Ducks Quacklington at QB is closing the gap on ANYBODY...they drafted a weirdo loner one trick pony to play DE, a TE whose next BLOCK will be his first, a far worse Gaggington JR at QB and two league wide acknowledged JAG's. Way to go, 4-12!!! Gap closed!!! Quack quack quack.....

Someone with photoshop skills make a picture with Mangini locking the door to a Gap store.

way to actually read the post.
I think your thread title (Jets are Closing the Gap) is misleading people into thinking you are saying the Jets are closing the gap :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye