PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Fan Forums Around The League: What Are Other Fans Saying About SB51 and TB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChessToCheckers

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I suspect many of us on this board lurk on opponent teams' fan forums. I do it now and then because it gives me a perspective that I wouldn't get here.

Among the better ones I've visited this week is Denver. (Jeez, I know, Denver!!)

What can we learn from SB LI?

This thread goes on for 10 pages. Here are some choice posts:

===================

"He wasn't lucky tonight, except for the one catch, he was insanely accurate in the 4th quarter and OT, he put balls exactly where they needed to be for only his receiver to be able to catch it. I've been the most anti-Brady person out there since 2001, but after tonight I have no doubt he's up there with the absolute best ever."

==============

"Yes, but being down 28-3 points with a little over a quarter left means throwing caution to the wind. Luck, effort, skill, coaching, refs..... all goes into it. The Brady bunch just showed that knack for winning tight games. I have oft referred to something McDaniels said when he was hired in Denver - that most games are decided by one score, and elite teams are the ones that win the tight games.

People can give love to Joe Cool, but Brady plays the same kind of game and does it better! You can discuss whether Elway and Manning were better because of playing the game differently/different skill sets, but this was throughly impressive. As much as I rooted for Atlanta, I actually like that this appears to be a SB won by the Bradybunch without any real controversy. They showed how great they were, and they also highlighted how much we should appreciate the "no fly zone". It is huge that our corners can shut down the receivers one on one."

================

"What did I learn? A few things....

1. As much as it pains me to say this. Brady is now, for me, without question the greatest QB to ever play. BB is also the greatest HC to ever coach.

Their second half adjustments were so good. They basically shut down that offense in the 2nd half. It's crazy how good those 2 are.

I hate the Pats with every fiber of my being, but they played a heck of a quarter and a half to get this win. They deserve it.

Now that's that's over....

2. Atlanta cannot make adjustments. It's that simple. I mean I like Quinn as a coach. He seems to have it. But, after Coleman went down they were done. They abandoned the run and really didn't even throw much at Julio either late.

They had the opportunity of a lifetime up 8 and in scoring range, and opted to pass. Ryan didn't throw it away and took a sack. That was it folks. If they would have just continued to run the ball they would have scored 3 likely. That would have been game.

Then when the Pats were driving with a minute and a half left why didn't they just let them score? They had no timeouts and only 30 seconds after Pats TD. If they had more time maybe they could have drawn up some plays better.

And why did they not use Gabriel more? The dude is fast. Why no jet sweeps? No screens? They spread the Pats out in the 1st half and scored at will. They should have gotten more creative in the 2nd half to adjust and mix it up.

3. I learned that the commercials were not entertaining this year, and I actually really enjoyed the halftime show.

4. I learned that I cannot get over my hate for Joe Back and Troy Aikman as announcers. They are terrible.

That is about it. Maybe more as I stew over this game."

=========

The initial reaction by most non-Pats fans was like "Wow, Brady really is that good - he really is the best". People were just amazed. But now they have recovered. They are sniping about his supposed politics, his trainer, anything they can think of to diss him. I thought this Super Bowl would be a watershed moment for him. He is the Babe Ruth of the NFL. It was so obvious how much winning this Super Bowl meant to him - and to be down 28-3 late and see it all going down the toilet - it must have been gut-wrenching. And then to be able to claw out of that hole and rally back - we all witnessed one of the greatest sporting achievements ever. And yet people still insist on running him down. Makes me sick.

I said it before... this is a legacy sealing win. I'm seeing a lot of Patriot haters have finally even if grudgingly given Brady, BB and this team their due.

The initial reaction by most non-Pats fans was like "Wow, Brady really is that good - he really is the best". People were just amazed. But now they have recovered. They are sniping about his supposed politics, his trainer, anything they can think of to diss him. I thought this Super Bowl would be a watershed moment for him. He is the Babe Ruth of the NFL. It was so obvious how much winning this Super Bowl meant to him - and to be down 28-3 late and see it all going down the toilet - it must have been gut-wrenching. And then to be able to claw out of that hole and rally back - we all witnessed one of the greatest sporting achievements ever. And yet people still insist on running him down. Makes me sick.
There will be haters for Brady for as long as he remains a current event. Give it time. Once history has a chance to really crystallize his legancy, there will be very few doubters. At the moment he's still playing against teams other people like, so the passion of the haters just never gets the time to really burn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back