PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The irrational fear of the Ravens on this board

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they would have won, our team certainly would have to be respectful but not fearful.
If our defense is so bad that we would struggle against a high school offense, we do not deserve to move on.

The Ravens have had players on their team who murdered people and then were celebrated with statues and Hall of Fame jackets. I see nothing irrational about being afraid of that.

The Ravens have had players on their team who murdered people and then were celebrated with statues and Hall of Fame jackets. I see nothing irrational about being afraid of that.

Lived there for 3 years.

There is some of that. Some of it is the #1 defense against our offense and that our run defense is ranked #29. On paper just didn’t seem like something to wish for.

Not for me, outside of Spanos I can't work up any hate for the Chargers but I've got truckloads of contempt for the ratbirds

Hate that team , glad they are out

I hate that the Pats weren't the ones eliminating them. Few things are as enjoyable as de-panting a Harbawl on national TV

All at Foxboro...

2014 Playoffs:
Patriots 35 Ravens 31
2012 Playoffs: Ravens 28 Patriots 13
2011 Playoffs: Patriots 23 Ravens 20
2009 Playoffs: Ravens 33 Patriots 14

The John Harbaugh led Ravens have by far been the most successful playoff team in Foxboro during the Brady/Belichick era.

Flat out beating us twice with the other two games requiring some crazy **** (Two 14 point comebacks by Pats, missed chip shot, game winning TD knocked out of hands, etc.) for the Patsto win.

Each season their record is right around where it is now, every season people would say "yeah but THIS Ravens team isn't that good..." and every time they would still beat us/play us as close as possible. Even with Flacco not even throwing for 40 yards the first time.

It's not an irrational fear, it's a begrudging respect for a franchise that isn't afraid to play in Foxboro and consistently matches up well against and I'm happy they're out now.

All at Foxboro...

2014 Playoffs:
Patriots 35 Ravens 31

The John Harbaugh led Ravens have by far been the most successful playoff team in Foxboro during the Brady/Belichick era.

Flat out beating us twice with the other two games requiring some crazy **** (Two 14 point comebacks by Pats, missed chip shot, game winning TD knocked out of hands, etc.) for the Patsto win.

Each season their record is right around where it is now, every season people would say "yeah but THIS Ravens team isn't that good..." and every time they would still beat us/play us as close as possible. Even with Flacco not even throwing for 40 yards the first time.

It's not an irrational fear, it's a begrudging respect for a franchise that isn't afraid to play in Foxboro and consistently matches up well against and I'm happy they're out now.

Leaving out a few things.

First is the fact that the Patriots are 10-3 lifetime in head to head matchups vs the Ravens.
Outscoring them 354-281
Ravens–Patriots rivalry - Wikipedia

Second fact is they will NOT be our opponent next week.

Looks like it could be an exciting finish to this :)

All at Foxboro...

2014 Playoffs:
Patriots 35 Ravens 31

Fear the laundry?

Reminds me of when the movie "Jaws" first came out and people in Kansas and Oklahoma were seeking counseling.

1. The Ravens defense has historically given Brady trouble, even at Gillette.
  2. The Patriots defenders don't have the speed to match a guy like Jackson.
  3. The Ravens have the league's best kicker to help in a close game.

Therefore, the "fear" is/was perfectly rational.

1. The Ravens defense has historically given Brady trouble, even at Gillette.
  2. The Patriots defenders don't have the speed to match a guy like Jackson.
  3. The Ravens have the league's best kicker to help in a close game.

Therefore, the "fear" is/was perfectly rational.
There is a difference between what you are posting and what some
of the membership here tend to post.

1. They ARE good not great.
2. They needed to earn the right to play us.
3. They failed.

If they were coming to Foxboro, they would have earned our respect.
On the other hand a large number of posters viewed them as an immovable mountain.
That is not the truth. They had their chance.

Last edited:
1. They ARE good not great.
2. They needed to earn the right to play us.
3. They failed.

Nothing you posted changed what I had posted. The Patriots beat the Chiefs earlier this season. That doesn't necessarily mean that you'd want to see a rematch over facing the Colts. In terms of matching up, the Ravens were the worst team for the Patriots to face, and it's good that they lost.

(Poll): Preferred divisional opponent: Texans, Chargers, or Ravens? edit: Sun Jan 13 @1:05 PM
(Poll): Preferred divisional opponent: Texans, Chargers, or Ravens? edit: Sun Jan 13 @1:05 PM

Nothing you posted changed what I had posted. The Patriots beat the Chiefs earlier this season. That doesn't necessarily mean that you'd want to see a rematch over facing the Colts. In terms of matching up, the Ravens were the worst team for the Patriots to face, and it's good that they lost.

They lost. End of story.
No longer our problem.

Well now there's reason to be scared of a 9-8 team who got smoked at home by a West Coast team in a 1PM start, next year.

Actually statistics and polling data regarding a potential SuperBowl re-match with the Seahawks should be a ratings bonanza.

Lived there for 3 years.
You have my sympathy.

We lived there for one year while my wife did a fellowship at the University of MD Med Center downtown, during the 2007 season. The pure, evil viciousness oozing from those gangsta fanimals during, and long after, the Monday night game there was downright scary.

I was hoping the pats would have the opportunity to beat down the two deflate gate teams again. Still might have an opportunity with one of them. Chargers looked good, next weekend should be a tough game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News