PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Gigantasuarus in the Room...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PScottman

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Is this 2003 again? Are the rest of the league using the Ty Law/Rodney Harrison approach to pass defense against Patriots WRs and particularly Gronk to disrupt our offense?

How many times have we seen the uncalled "pull one arm down right before the ball gets there" multiple times per game (they can't call them all)?

The question however is what can the team do about it? I'm not advocating the "whine to the league" Polian approach, but as it has had an impact particularly now that the offense has morphed from immediate separation, hit em in the gut throws to more "over the shoulder, high point" plays where both hands are critical to pass completion - are there mitigating approaches to help offset the "Brady Rules" (hat tip to the Detroit Pistons "Jordan Rules")?

The only way QBs could be more protected is if you had to pull a sock out of their waste to "tackle" them.

New York, NY (AP) October 16,2017 - Roger Stokoe Goodell, the commissioner of the National Football League since 2006, was found unconscious in his home last night, and pronounced dead by EMT's who arrived at the scene after a 911 call from his wife. Home security footage recovered and reviewed by local police has confirmed that Mr. Goodell died of suffocation, as he was apparently attempting to pronounce the phrase "elephants of integrity" in an apparent speech preparation. The city coroner reports that Mr. Goodell's tongue became lodged in his throat.

The news of his untimely demise triggered raucous laughter and public celebrations throughout Massachusetts and New England. One celebrant commented, "I can't believe that clown managed to do so much damage to our sport in only eleven years. This is a wonderful moment for women's rights, and athlete's welfare and protection."

When asked whether he thought league and national bias against his team, the New England Patriots, would diminish, the man responded, "I'd like to think so, but I'm not fooling myself. The league's owners will probably elect another clown just like him. We'll probably get our third first round pick stolen within a year."

Is this 2003 again? Are the rest of the league using the Ty Law/Rodney Harrison approach to pass defense against Patriots WRs and particularly Gronk to disrupt our offense?

How many times have we seen the uncalled "pull one arm down right before the ball gets there" multiple times per game (they can't call them all)?

The question however is what can the team do about it? I'm not advocating the "whine to the league" Polian approach, but as it has had an impact particularly now that the offense has morphed from immediate separation, hit em in the gut throws to more "over the shoulder, high point" plays where both hands are critical to pass completion - are there mitigating approaches to help offset the "Brady Rules" (hat tip to the Detroit Pistons "Jordan Rules")?
I suspect league officials adhere to a simple ratio formula......1/1.....balancing Gronk being held / Gronk pushing off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down