PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Giants have proven the SB was no fluke

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Brady's injury and the Giants turning into a juggernaut, the game feels like it was played 5 years ago. If the 2 teams found themselves in a rematch this year, the roles would almost be reversed. That being said, I think there is only one team that could man up and beat the Giants in the Super Bowl and that is New England.

There's a big difference between playing a better quarter of football in the Super Bowl and actually being the overall better team.

They proved it over the second half of the season. They beat Tampa Bay, Dallas, and Green Bay on the road. The Patriots at the end of last season were not playing well enough to do that.

I will say the Giants remind me of the Broncos of the late '90s. Heading into Super Bowl XXXII, I had a feeling they were going to beat the Packers. When it actually happened, the consensus among most of us here in Wisconsin was that they had wanted it more, but they still got lucky and sure as hell weren't going to repeat. Then as the '98 season rolled on and they were undefeated until November or December, there were still doubts. My brother, for one, predicted that even if the Broncos got back to the Super Bowl, there was no way they would beat the Vikings. (Who, as you recall, lost the NFC Championship game... at home... to Atlanta!)

After the *ahem* "incident" last February, I predicted that ShEli and the Giants would still be good but would fold under the pressure of being the defending champs and wouldn't get back to the SB. There's still a good chunk of the season left but I'm really starting to wonder now if history isn't repeating itself 10 years later. The Giants look darn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back