PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THE Game to watch on the bye week - Dolphins at Jets - Who you rooting for?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who are you rooting for - Dolphins at the Jets?

• Dolphins

Votes: 82 88.2%
  • Jets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who gives a damn?

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else find it a bit odd that the schedule makers decided to have the Jets and Dolphins play both their games before the Pats and Dolphins played at all?

I want them both to lose 105 to 0, but since that can't happen... I want the jests* to lose more. It also makes the Doll-phins les desperate for a win the following week when we meet up.

Last edited:
Fantasy football is the ruination of most fanbases...on so many levels.

Why? It gives you some rooting interest in games that you otherwise wouldn't really give a **** about. The true "test", I guess, is when you have a player who's going against the Patriots. I know people who root for the Pats to win but their guy to get his stats, and that's week- I root for the Pats to dominate my guy, and just hope that the other players on my team can pick up the slack. Pats > any imaginary computer team that I put together in my spare time.

I just don't understand the draw in fantasy football. Everytime I've started a team, I've managed to keep interest in it for about three weeks to a month and then just quit checking/updating it because I got bored.

Forgive me, for I have sinned. It has nearly been one season since my mortal sin. Yes, I rooted for Favre and the Jets to win the last game of the 2008 season. We all know how that turned out. I am heartly sorry for my sin.

Go LOLphins! Beat the JESTS!

Phins are futher behind us in the standings than the Jets. Phins do not have a win vs us.

Yeah the day I root the Jets is the day.....I think you guys gets the point

I want them both to lose 105 to 0, but since that can't happen... I want the jests* to lose more. It also makes the Doll-phins less desperate for a win the following week when we meet up.

my sentiments exactly. I'd prefer a tie, but a dolphins win will be ok...hopefully they'll be so excited about sweeping the jest that they'll come out soft next weekend

You guys crack me up... lol

To clarify my own "Dolphins" vote, it would be more accurate to say I am rooting against the Jets.

I voted in favor of watching the Jests lose. I'm also in favor of watching them both beat the living hell out of each other in the process.:D

67-1-4-4 Kinda looks like this.... :bricks:

Im rooting for the Dolphins. They have faced a insane schedule and have fought hard. (I wish the Skins could somehow get Bill Parcells) The Dolphins have earned my respect. Even if they run that stupid wildcat. :rofl:

I do gotta disagree with the thread title. I know this is a Pats forum but the game to watch this week is Brett Favre in Viking purple stepping into Lambeau Field to play the Packers for the first time in his career.

IMO its between this game and the Pats/Saints MNF game for Game of the Year.

Well, there are very logical reasons to root for the Doo-fins, such as JETS are closer to us in divisional standings, and all the other divisional implications right now. I'd even say, you can agrue that it's logical to root for a Jetss in a hard fought game that takes a lot out of the fins and leaves them vulnerable to us 1 week later.

But quite honestly, the primary reason I'm rooting against the JETS is because my deep-seeded hatred for them has reached unhealthy levels. I detest them with every ounce of my being. Don't get me wrong, I have a health hate-on for the phins too, but the two don't compaire. My hate for the Jets surpases my hate for the Yankees (and that is saying something).

Also note how I said rooting against the Jets, not FOR the Doo-fins. I won't be whipping out the orange and aqua pom poms on Sunday thats for sure. I'll just say....... I hope the Jets lose, and leave it at that.

Last edited:
you, my good friend, are wrong about one important thing...your hatred is NOT unhealthy....in fact it is a sure sign that your are in as robust and tip top shape as is possible.It's all in your mind....EMBRACE YOUR HATE.

You should list "injuries" as an option

I voted who gives a damn but if I had to chose I'm rooting for the phins. I think at 2-4 the phins already have shown they won't be in the hunt for the division and if the jets fall to 4-4 they will be put in a tough spot and wouldn't be able to afford a loss to the pats later in the year. Plus we need a bigger lead on everyone as the toughest part of our schedule aproaches us.

I just don't understand the draw in fantasy football. Everytime I've started a team, I've managed to keep interest in it for about three weeks to a month and then just quit checking/updating it because I got bored.

I think the main allure of fantasy football is being able to tell everyone in a room during a football party why you want the Patriots to beat the Colts but you need Peyton to throw 5 TDs in the process because the guy you are playing against had a lucky week.

Fantasy football ruins fandom, seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore