Wynn/Penning - FA/Wynn - Andrews - Mason - Onwenu

SmartSelect_20220313-015041_Firefox.jpg

Trevor Penning should be available at #21 then get a FA LG:

View attachment 41716
Wynn onwenu Andrews mason penning with karras and herron as BU

He could go earlier tough, a lot of buzz around him rising
I saw a mock where he went at 6 to Carolina

Its due time to move on from 2 - 1st round draft blunders.

Obviously Harry. He is useless except for blocking. Blockers are a dime a dozen and the Pats need to improve the passing game by having multiple options for Jones. Cut him loose. No team is going to give you a used blocking sled for him.

Wynn is the other Bust. He has been on IR every season since he was drafted. Basically, he has been on the field for 50% {34 out of 65} of the games. Despite picking up his 10 mil option, 2021 was not that great of a season for him. You have a mediocre LT at best who is not dependable. Trade Wynn for whatever you can get. The Pats need the 2022 draft pick.

He isn't elite like we hoped for, but he is much better than this board wants to admit.
He's just horribly inconsistent. Will stonewall a good pass rusher one week then let a JAG get 2.5 sacks the next.

We've been spoiled with very consistent to great LTs on the Patriots (for the vast majority of my years). Even the ones that weren't elite (like Solder), it was usually against a very particular skill set or Hall of Famer where scheme could usually address that shortfall. Armstrong, Light and Solder allowed the team a lot of flexibility to use draft and free agent capital elsewhere.

I dont think Wynn offers the same confidence.

Trevor Penning should be available at #21 then get a FA LG:

View attachment 41716
Penning could get down to us. If he and Jermaine Johnson both reach us it will be a tough call on which or trading back a few spots, but I think at least one of them and a good CB slips...a top WR too. I really don't want to get a WR in the first

If wynn is traded do we save 10m or are we on the hook for it regardless? Wasnt sure of the rules with the 5th yr options
hes playing out the guaranteed 5th year option... if he's traded, the other team has to foot the whole bill, and we get 10m in cap savings

This is the thread. This one.

This isn't discussed enough. Our oline is about to hit a cliff, especially at Tackle.

Given all the FAs are over 30..I'm thinking draft or trade.

It's a big need just not so apparent from where we stand today but no doubt something we need to pay alot of attention to.

It's easier to find a G than a T. Armstead will be too expensive. Draft a Rd 1 LT and get a G in FAcy. Plenty there to choose from.
SmartSelect_20220313-183055_Firefox.jpg

And Wynn could be starting LT.

Why not let the OL coaches decide where his talent best fits our offense? Or perhaps we should cut him because the captain disagrees with their decisions.

Wynn/Lose sucks at LT; but he could maybe become a Pro Bowl-caliber Left GUARD… and who said anything about cutting him?

My Madden scenario has us trading Wynn for a 3rd, using the cash to resign Brown, and going into 2022 with a Brown Karras Andrews Mason Owenu line.

This not being Madden, I suspect Brown will price himself out, leaving us with Wynn. I'm not thrilled with the development, but Wynn is still a bargain at $10 million. If he could play a full healthy season he is still a top 20 LT. Not a stud, but not a liability.

Wynn/Lose sucks at LT; but he could maybe become a Pro Bowl-caliber Left GUARD… and who said anything about cutting him?
:)

Ok, let's just say the options are Wynn at LT and Wynn not on the team. The team has no interest in moving Wynn to guard. Also, he has a one year contract.

Given that he is a $10M LT with one year left, would you trade him, play him, or extend him? Cutting him was excluded when his salary was extended.

Trai Turner coming in as a free agent acquisition. I can see that happening.

He was about to be drafted by us originally but the pick before Carolina nabbed him.

He plays RG though. So unless Mason goes down he is just insurance.

Trai Turner coming in as a free agent acquisition. I can see that happening.

He was about to be drafted by us originally but the pick before Carolina nabbed him.

He plays RG though. So unless Mason goes down he is just insurance.

Why THE **** do we need another NON-****ING-Left Side OLineman for ?!? ****ing stupid mother****er Belichick, I ****ing HATE his ****ing ass, the ****ing scumbag.

but Wynn is still a bargain at $10 million. If he could play a full healthy season he is still a top 20 LT. Not a stud, but not a liability.
This.

And I would not extend Wynn either until he at least plays the first 10 games this year....

I highly doubt Penning drops to #21. If he did, I'd love that pick, but there's no way. He's going to be the next Joe Thomas for some team for 10 years.

This.

And I would not extend Wynn either until he at least plays the first 10 games this year....
I would extend him for one year, with a 3rd and or a 4th void year. This would be a considerable help for the cap. In addition, it would allow a draftee to develop this. Finally, we would see what we have in Wynn.

Same draft class as Mason (2015)… A clear top-50-caliber talent who dropped Completely out of the draft because of a murder investigation for which he was cleared… Of course some here didn’t want him either because of the Late Prisoner thingy less than two years earlier; but Bill still should’ve said FU to the league and chosen him with the 4th-rounder he instead predictably Wasted on broken-down Florida State blob Tre Jackson…

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back