PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Fear - Are the Bills, Jets, or Dolphins a Threat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short answer-No. If Brady stays healthy they win the East.

Anything's possible, but it's kind of rare for another AFCE team to make the playoffs.

The Jete had a decent run up until 2010, losing the conference championship 3 times.

Miami made it in 2016 but hadn't been there before that since 2008.

The Bills made it in 2017 but hadn't been there since the late 90's.

It's not easy to make the playoffs when the AFCE title is already gone.

Bills will be improved if Allen is better. I believe though that he will run hot and cold like last season. 7 - 9 wins

Dolphins no. 4 - 7 wins unless they are going full Clemson QB mode.

Jets should be # 2 ranked in the division. Darnold looked good at times last season and Bell should give him a boost assuming that he can reaclimate to the rigors of the season. 8 - 10 wins.

There's no question that the Jets have the best quarterback of the three division rivals. Darnold is for real. Leveon Bell in the backfield along with Jamison Crowder at WR are serious upgrades, if Bell isn't a locker room problem. The defense is stronger with their signings at all three levels and Gregg (Bountygate) Williams as DC.

The Bills are solid if Josh Allen proves to be a good decision maker at QB. They could get to 10-6 even if they are swept by the Patriots.

I don't understand what the Dolphins are doing.

AFC East
Patriots 13-3
Jets 10-6 WC
Bills 9-5
Dolphins 2-14

Haven't you heard?

All_Cans_l2acsf.jpg

So, the Dolphins are going into full blown tank mode.

With that in mind, who is the greater threat in the division: the Bills or Jets? Should we fear either of these teams breaking a ceiling of 6-10/7-9? I was waiting for the Dolphins to be that team that pushes us after they started 3-1, but then they went 4-9 down the stretch.

The entire thread is way too early. The third wave in FA has not even started yet -- which is where also often trades happen because teams get a better idea of their cap/budget situation -- and the draft is still many weeks away.

That being said if all things go as you'd kinda expect them to go:

The Dolphins and Bills have no serious QB and not particularly impressive rosters top to bottom.

The Jets will turn out somewhere between absolute garbage fire and the same kind of meddling, uninspired team that Miami was under Gase. Unless our team has a couple of key players on IR it will be business as usual in the AFCE.

Until we see how well the other teams play, biggest fear is the usual suspect...injuries. I would certainly appreciate the other afce teams fielding competitive teams.

Sunday was not Sam Darnold’s day.

Against the Patriots, the rookie quarterback was sacked four times, lost a fumble, and threw for his second-lowest passing yards total (167) of the season. Darnold, who was selected third overall in the 2018 NFL Draft, couldn’t manage to find the zone in the air or on the ground, as the Jets’ scoring was limited to a 40-yard field goal by Jason Myers in the first quarter.

Suddenly, Bawk Nation is TERRIFIED of the skill and poise of Joe Bart Peyton Brett Darnold....(eyes rolling out of head)

Nope. The first thing you look at is the QB and then the D.

Darnold and Allen didn't have promising campaigns last year. Darnold looks like the more promising of the two but at most he appears to be a game manager. Allen seems to be one of these guys who is drafted for his arm but nothing else. The Jets have the edge here but it seems both QBs will fall short of the hope they showed.

As for the D the Bills actually have a very good one. The Jets don't have much of a D right now in general.

The Jets finished near the bottom in every major catagory besides passer rating D in which they were average.

The Bills finished near the top of every major category besides rush yards per game (which is the least important one. Being average is fine). And PPG where they were actually slightly below average at 18th. A lot of that though had to do with how bad their offense was.

They gave the ball away almost more than anyone and when they gave it away they hurt their team a lot. They allowed 5 defensive TDs this year. Pretty horrible, not to mention a lot of short fields. When you throw out the first game of the year (in which the Ravens won 47-3) and their D looks a lot better.

I honestly think they had on the whole on of the best defenses in the NFL this year.

Bills are underrated. Good solid squad in 2019. Jets aren't going anywhere

Bills are underrated. Good solid squad in 2019. Jets aren't going anywhere

Josh Allen will be an interception machine with a full season of play.

Is anyone but the Pats a threat for the AFC East - no. Of course catastrophic injuries to the wrong players could change that.

Miami will be bad this year. I think the Bills could contend for a WC spot with a good draft. Their defense puts them closer than the Jets are.

Every team is 0-0 at this moment

I have said it before and I will keep saying it ...
I want them better - I want the division better.

We have played very good teams these last few years which have helped us build character and better play - I'm not so sure the same can be said for playing in our division and it needs to be better ... makes us better.

well their O/U wins are at 5, 6 and 6.5 right now according to odds makers. So they are going to suck most likely again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back