PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d love to see them come out of the first round with an impact player who can contribute right away. Fant would be great if he drops to them or an Edge or DL. If an impact CB drops, then I’m fine with that as well—we’ve learned over the years that you can’t have too many of them. They should be able to pick up a good WR or OL in the second or third round. A QB in the later rounds would be fine but not before.

You don't sit Pat :) when you have the means we need a legit TE and Noah Fant could be that guy. Draft capital isn't an issue.

I would never give 2 or 3 picks to move 10 spots to draft a ''could be'' guy. I bet you i can find one pro bowler every single round.

Irv is a better blocker and if we move down 8/10 spots we can grab him and another contributor.

Yesterday I discovered that in 1966 the Raiders deferred their picks in the first five rounds of the AFL draft, traded their sixth rounder, and then started making picks in the seventh round. In the eighth round they just passed on drafting anyone. Why would a team do this? It seems like it would put them at a huge strategic disadvantage. 1966 was before my time and I found nothing online about why they would do this. Was it just sheer incompetence?

Does anyone here really think that if it was BB's plan to move up to draft Fant, that BB would let that slip out to the media???

The fact that this rumor is out there, almost makes it an impossibility that it will ever come to fruition.

Just pencil in a DB from Rutgers now, so you wont be disappointed.

Very Very True. Take a look back at Patriots drafts where they were drafting in the bottom third of the first round. Impossible to predict who they ultimately picked.

Yesterday I discovered that in 1966 the Raiders deferred their picks in the first five rounds of the AFL draft, traded their sixth rounder, and then started making picks in the seventh round. In the eighth round they just passed on drafting anyone. Why would a team do this? It seems like it would put them at a huge strategic disadvantage. 1966 was before my time and I found nothing online about why they would do this. Was it just sheer incompetence?

Because they were insane even before Al Davis?

The WR position have lost me:eek: a testament to how Deep it is in 2019.

It really is deep this year. That's the only thing that gives me pause when I consider mocking someone like AJ Brown to us in the 1st. Is that the most valuable use of the draft position? I really like Brown, but there are so many other players out there.

As for Diontae, even NFL.com gives him a 3rd round grade: NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Diontae Johnson | NFL.com

Notice the comparison, too. I don't think it's far off.

That's a "report" on the "report" that's already in this thread...thread...thread...

Sorry I'm not going back 3-4 pages and read everything. If you already read it, move on.

You don't sit Pat :) when you have the means we need a legit TE and Noah Fant could be that guy. Draft capital isn't an issue.

Yes it is.

We have 12 picks but only 7 are locks. We have to hit this draft.

We NEED:

WR2 - Starter. We don't have any WR signed next year.
TE1 - Starter. We have depth but we lack a playmaker.
ST - Starter. We don't have any depth and only one of our T played a snap in a meaningful NFL game.
G - Karas is our depth and Thuney is a FA next year.
QB - We don't have any QB signed next year.
S - Who is Chung backup? Maybe Dawson? If he is the answer you can gamble on a late round some project.
ED - Who is gonna pair with Bennett?
DL - They have a bunch of good player but not a playmaker, same TE situation.

If they trade down and give a first and second to move 10 spots i want at least a solid contributor in exchange too.

Let's say 32 + 64 = 21 and player

Guess which QB is off my board

The NFL mantra 'Always do what the other team doesn't expect' taken to the absurd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes