PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
The WR position have lost me:eek: a testament to how Deep it is in 2019.
I very much hope we have double dipped at WR when Day 2 concludes!

Also, there's a few people out there saying Dont'a Hightower could be traded during the draft. Ain't happening. He's one of the players that's gonna be announcing a 2nd round pick so he's staying.

Also, there's a few people out there saying Dont'a Hightower could be traded during the draft. Ain't happening. He's one of the players that's gonna be announcing a 2nd round pick so he's staying.

You don't know that we could send packing after for future considerations j/k.:D

Imagine how hilarious it would be to walk out and announce your own trade, and then read the name of the player taken with your compensation. I imagine Hightower could pull it off.

You don't know that we could send packing after for future considerations j/k.:D
The patriots have made a trade to the oakland Raiders the Patriots have traded linebacker Donta Hightower and a 5th for the Raiders second the Patriots pick is now in Hakeem Butler Wide receiver.
Wait what the ?

Just saying, Diontae Johnson sounds like an automatic bust and I'd absolutely hate that pick. This is just off hearing his name.

Agreed. Sounds like he should be playing for the bears or bills.

IF the Patriots get Noah Fant: Brady is going to want to play until he's 50.

So the obvious path to Fant is trade picks 32 and 101 to Seattle for 29 in order to get in front of Green Bay at 30?

So the obvious path to Fant is trade picks 32 and 101 to Seattle for 29 in order to get in front of Green Bay at 30?

The Raiders at 24 and the Titans worry me re Fant. We might not get ahead of the Titans but 32 + 73 might get us to 21 ahead of the Raiders.

At least those other guys weren’t massive reaches. Richards was a projected 5th round pick at best if I remember correctly.

Projections are mostly meaningless.

Not saying that Richards was worth the second round pick as we all agree that there was some kind of ****up/breakdown in the evaluation that made BB pick him that early. But one team`s depth player is another team`s starter solely based on better schematic fits and projected roles. Most of the mocks and projections you see don't take all of this into consideration but give you a broad average.

Could be higher. We’re prob talking seattle for 21 if fant gets past Tennessee.

Nearly-Christmas-Meme-(01).jpg

Tony Pauline Pats related rumours:

• AJ Brown is our no 1 receiver on the board
  • We like WR Diontae Johnson and could take him in the 3rd round
  • Patriots will seriously consider trading up for Noah Fant
  • Josh Oliver could be the 4th TE off the board.
It would not be possible to do all 4 of the above

IF the Patriots get Noah Fant: Brady is going to want to play until he's 50.
I think you and i would love Fant as a patriot ;)

Does anyone here really think that if it was BB's plan to move up to draft Fant, that BB would let that slip out to the media???

The fact that this rumor is out there, almost makes it an impossibility that it will ever come to fruition.

Just pencil in a DB from Rutgers now, so you wont be disappointed.

That would be awesome and it’s possible. I was misdiagnosed as a kid with an irregular heartbeat and had to quit football my Senior year of High School. Years later I had two Doctors say I have a healthy heart. No irregular heartbeat.

My brother fell when he was a kid and the doctors told my parents that they removed his spleen. Yada, Yada, Yada, he is in his forties goes to the Dr. for a stomach aliment, gets an MRI which reveals a spleen!

Do you know what you call the guy/gal who graduates last in their class in medical school???

DOCTOR!

Anyone care to predict how many players the Patriots actually draft? They have 12 picks, plus three potentially very good players from last year's draft (Wynn, Dawson, & Bentley) that will essentially be rookies this year.

I predict that we draft some players this draft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe