PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our record of picking WR's isn't very good, especially high in the draft...I'd steer clear early on and maybe go D line, lb or tight end early.

I’m having Dobson and Boyce flashbacks.

I’m having Dobson and Boyce flashbacks.

Me too. Rookie WRs don't ring my bell. They are a complete crap shoot. I'd much rather have them re-sign Patterson, work with Berrios over the summer and get him ready (he is a good player), sign an expiring rookie contract WR like Devin Funches (Panthers) or Chris Conley (Chiefs), and bring in some veterans to see if they have something left.

If they don't re-sign Trent Brown, they have to go T yet again in the first round. I don't trust Wynn since we haven't seen him do the job. La'Adrian Waddle is a UFA, so they should resign him as a backup. He's not a starter by any means.

If Scar thinks Wynn can be a LT, I'll believe him until he's proven wrong.

At least as reported by Zolak and Bertrand, Reiss' hot take is that the Patriots will focus a lot of attention on the WR position, much like 2007.

At least as reported by Zolak and Bertrand, Reiss' hot take is that the Patriots will focus a lot of attention on the WR position, much like 2007.

I don't see how they can ignore it. We have Edelman under contract next year, and that's it (unless you count Berrios and Andrews, but that's not much of a plan as far as I'm concerned).

Grades and notes are up for most of the Combine participants this year. Sort by WR. Enjoy.

NFL Events: Combine Participants

I don't see how they can ignore it. We have Edelman under contract next year, and that's it (unless you count Berrios and Andrews, but that's not much of a plan as far as I'm concerned).

Grades and notes are up for most of the Combine participants this year. Sort by WR. Enjoy.

NFL Events: Combine Participants
AJ Brown as ur WR2 is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. They need to get a draft guy to help out.

They need to bring in 3-4 new receivers (WR/TE) via draft/FA.

All the NFL ESPN beat writers were asked to make a bold off-season prediction. That was Reiss' which isn't really that bold. Wouldn't call it a hot take, I think it's highly likely.
Interestingly, the Browns beat writer predicted they'd cut Jamie Collins, as he hasn't lived up to his contract. Said he has been "good" but contract pays him to be "great".
No he's not coming back. He's owed $22 mill over next 2 years.

Kiper has him going at #19, but I’ve seen him as high as #8 on one of the NFL network projections. He certainly isn’t going to be around at #32, let alone #56.

That would be hell of a Reach for Hochwhateverhisnameis glad there are others who would suffice at TE.

Remember, always listen to paid/professionals. They know what their talking about.

Stephen A. is not a paid professional. He has limited NFL knowledge. He is a paid"personality" with a shtick. Big difference.
Reiss is a professional who has covered the Patriots since the 90's.
He knows far more about them than anyone here,lol.
He's probably the most trusted source for Patriots news outside of Gillette.
He's VERY plugged in and has the trust of TB,BB and Kraft more so anyone else in sports media. I've heard that from several Patriots sources over the years,including Bruschi.
He earned it by being a professional.
There's no comparison between him and someone like Stephen A., whose job is strictly to entertain.
Yeah, you do have to pick and choose what "professionals" you listen to. A lot of them suck. But there's some who are very good.

Remember, always listen to paid/professionals. They know what their talking about.

How can you get on TV and say something like that? Has he ever even watched Haskins play? Haskins runs maybe 4 times a game, and usually when he knows he can grab an easy first down, but he throws 38 times a game. He also has all of 194 yards rushing in his career. CAREER. Over that same time frame, he has thrown for 5396 yards, at a 70% completion rate and a 54 to 9 TD to INT ratio. Hmmmm . . .

That would be hell of a Reach for Hochwhateverhisnameis glad there are others who would suffice at TE.

At this point in time, if you look at picks 11 to 20, most mocks have 3–4 players who won't even go in the first round.

The one thing I want Bill to find in this draft is a tall deion Branch. Please make it happen!

The one thing I want Bill to find in this draft is a tall deion Branch. Please make it happen!

Much rather have a good fa wr,or via trade. Rookie wrs don't usually contribute much. I agree with Reiss that Pats will go all-out to beef up wr position, utilizing everything, fa,draft and trades.

My prediction is that Bill will make at least one WTF pick.

If Scar thinks Wynn can be a LT, I'll believe him until he's proven wrong.

Tackles, particularly left tackles, take time to develop in the NFL. I do not think anybody should trust a virtual rookie to protect the bind side of the 42-year-old TFB. The move by Belichick to bring in Trent Brown as part II of the Jimmy G trade after deciding to move on from Nate Solder has not been celebrated enough. Trent Brown was superb.

I would love to see this team take a flier on an absolute speed demon who can run a 4.2_ that translates to the field, if there's a space available at WR come draft time.
Bethel Johnson's 4.38 was not quite there, but his career with the Pats doesn't inspire confidence in the speed demon type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes