PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol tell me you wouldn't love this draft.

I think the point is more that the draft has no chance of actually shaking out that way. I could make a mock draft in which we trade for every pick of every round and it would look great for the team.

I think the point is more that the draft has no chance of actually shaking out that way. I could make a mock draft in which we trade for every pick of every round and it would look great for the team.
I wouldnt bet against BB and Casserio.
But the realist in me completely agrees with you.

I've been targeting 21 for a while now. It seems to make the most sense. We don't need 12 players, but they need a lot of depth.
Who are you targeting/want?

Ideally
&
Realistically

I've been targeting 21 for a while now. It seems to make the most sense. We don't need 12 players, but they need a lot of depth.

So who do you like at 21?

Well ... We're fuxkin waiting....

Who are you targeting/want?

Ideally
&
Realistically

Realistically? Ferrell. The other top 5 EDGE players probably have more upside, but Ferrell just looks like a PTP and is more likely to drop than someone like Bosa or J. Allen.

Less realistic would be if one of the top OL or Hockenson falls. Seems highly unlikely.

If the team is really convinced, one of the QBs. I'd probably dislike this move. A lot.

Completely crazy option? Metcalf. I know, I know. I'm alone on that and I think it's far from realistic. It's my hot take, never-in-a-million-years idea. But physically he represents a prototype that we've tried to fill a few times over the years.

---

I think what will actually happen is that we'll trade down into the mid-second and acquire a 2020 pick. The 25 - 75 players all clump together (sort of) so there's more sense in trading down. A few of the mid-late round picks will go for veterans. The rest will go toward fliers at specific roles. I'm guessing 8 - 10 rookies, with 2 or 3 trade acquisitions. We'll find out soon.

Realistically? Ferrell. The other top 5 EDGE players probably have more upside, but Ferrell just looks like a PTP and is more likely to drop than someone like Bosa or J. Allen.

Less realistic would be if one of the top OL or Hockenson falls. Seems highly unlikely.

If the team is really convinced, one of the QBs. I'd probably dislike this move. A lot.

Completely crazy option? Metcalf. I know, I know. I'm alone on that and I think it's far from realistic. It's my hot take, never-in-a-million-years idea. But physically he represents a prototype that we've tried to fill a few times over the years.

---

I think what will actually happen is that we'll trade down into the mid-second and acquire a 2020 pick. The 25 - 75 players all clump together (sort of) so there's more sense in trading down. A few of the mid-late round picks will go for veterans. The rest will go toward fliers at specific roles. I'm guessing 8 - 10 rookies, with 2 or 3 trade acquisitions. We'll find out soon.
Yea Im still hoping we trade out of 1 unless we get lucky & someone falls. I'm not even halfway done but I don't have a lot of 1st Rd grades.

Deebo: “Hey Billy, see you in a month”.

BB after seeing Deebo on NFL Network talking about his visit: “No you won’t”.

Deebo: “Hey Billy, see you in a month”.

BB after seeing Deebo on NFL Network talking about his visit: “No you won’t”.

I doubt Bill will be happy with him saying that, but I'd be thrilled if we land Deebo. BTW, Deebo needs to get a new suit jacket. It looks way too small.

I doubt Bill will be happy with him saying that, but I'd be thrilled if we land Deebo. BTW, Deebo needs to get a new suit jacket. It looks way too small.

I love Deebo too. And skinny fit is all the rage now. I don't understand it either (nor can pull it off).

Dillard or Hockenson are the two I would be happy to trade up to 21 for, but figure if Bill does it, it is for someone he really likes. And you know the whole in Bill We Trust.

I think the action could come in the second and third rounds because that is where we have the extra picks to move around and get the guys we want. We also have the extra seventh round picks to throw in.

My guess is we keep #32 and end up with 3-4 picks total in the second and third rounds plus considerations-players, move up draft, more draft picks in the future or back to facilitate more trading for targeted players. So I am going with a trade heavy day two for my guess.

I think we go with the best rated OT, DT or edge by the Patriots staff at 32.

Dillard or Hockenson are the two I would be happy to trade up to 21 for, but figure if Bill does it, it is for someone he really likes. And you know the whole in Bill We Trust.

I think the action could come in the second and third rounds because that is where we have the extra picks to move around and get the guys we want. We also have the extra seventh round picks to throw in.

My guess is we keep #32 and end up with 3-4 picks total in the second and third rounds plus considerations-players, move up draft, more draft picks in the future or back to facilitate more trading for targeted players. So I am going with a trade heavy day two for my guess.

I really like the idea of trading up from 56. There's potentially a nice gaggle of WRs, DTs, safeties and OLs in the 20-40 range which fits in very nicely with our needs. unfortunately, when I run mock draft simulations (not necessarily accurate admittedly), most if not all are gone by 56. Trading up allows us to get two borderline first rounders whilst leaving us 64 and two third rounders still. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

BB will hate the way he openly spoke.

The news was already out though. I'd agree if they were trying to keep it quiet and Deebo revealed it, but we already knew about the visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back