PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really want a QB this year, but Grier is a logical choice. I see plenty of accuracy and zip. I'm not advocating for drafting him, but I think he's light years better than Stidham, Finley, Jackson, etc. I'd take him over Rosen, too.

@ChrisR2223 look at the touchdown at 3:45 and tell me again he has no arm strength...

Again, not saying that I want to draft a QB, but this bodes well for him picking up the offense:

This QB is the most confident man at combine

From Grier's perspective, he'd relish the opportunity to come to the Patriots even if it meant sitting behind Tom Brady for a while.

"I don't really think you can put into words the kind of opportunity [that would be]," he said. "Me and [West Virginia offensive coordinator Jake Spavital] watched a lot of Patriots film and built our offense off a lot of -- obviously a lot of different terminology, but we would see stuff and say, 'We're going to do that.' Tom Brady does all right so we watched a lot of Tom Brady film. The opportunity to learn from a guy like that would obviously be priceless.

Grier added: "We watched a lot of film on them. In 2017 we were very wide-split oriented, which is kind of what Spavs brought to the game at some of the other places he's been that's different. A lot of what we did with the Patriots, we saw they were doing a lot of tighter split stuff. They were getting free releases on guys and working isolations and working diff routes all the way across the field. You get a little more isolation when you bring guys all the way across the field. You don't always get pressed up in that look so it's been interesting to kind of watch how they get guys open underneath. A lot of guys in the Big 12 are in quarters or they're in kind of cloud coverage, deep coverage, and it's hard to get guys open underneath. We watched a lot of their film and kind of picked different things that they were doing to get guys open underneath."

One of the many throws had some zip?
He reminds me of this guy

The guy threw the ball from the -30 to the +10. That's a 70 yard throw. You can't tell me the kid doesn't have arm strength. Now his mechanics might need some work, but he can definitely throw the ball down the field. Besides, arm strength is not must in our offense. I am more concerned with a QB's quick release and ability to read defenses, among other things.

Last edited:
Again, not saying that I want to draft a QB, but this bodes well for him picking up the offense:

This QB is the most confident man at combine
It also speaks to 1) his work ethic and 2) his understanding of offenses in general, which is always a plus. He may not be as good as Brady in either category, but that quote right there tells me that he has more than Ryan Leaf, Johnny Manziel, or JaMarcus Russell. Except in extreme circumstances your QB needs to have this.

I do not have a first round grade on any qb in this draft.

Hoyer has starting experience and even win a few games while starting in Cleveland of all places,

Etling has a year in the system and no one is claiming him off our practice squad next year.

There are 4 qb’s in next year’s draft with first round grades and in the 2021 draft is a qb with generational talent should we wisely decide to go zero and 16 in 2020.

The people who clicked dislike need to get out more. :rolleyes:

You took the time to disparage someone's looks and imply that because of them she has no reason to be on a TV show.

But yeah it's the people who took all the time it took to make the laborious step of clicking on an icon who are not well-adjusted.

I'm so ****ing tired of the typical types who love to talk a big game about free speech and speaking their minds who wilt like a little flower because someone clicked a thumbs down icon.

#Jeffery Simmons

The draft network mock draft tool is a lot better than fanspeak imo. Obviously still some unrealistic mocks though.

I got those out of it,

7817e15bf9f46de490e841e24c70e3b7_Patriots.png

Christian Wilkins

, IDL
    Clemson

Charles Omenihu

, IDL
    Texas

Andy Isabella

, WR
    UMASS

Zach Allen

, EDGE
    Boston College

Josh Oliver

, TE
    San Jose State

Amani Hooker

, CB
    Iowa

Brett Rypien

, QB
    Boise State

Devine Ozigbo

, RB
    Nebraska

Greg Dortch

, WR
    Wake Forest

Mark Fields

, CB
    Clemson

Lamont Gaillard

, IOL
    Georgia
Please make this happen!!!!

Kay Adams is an idiot. She has zero front office or scouting experience. How does she get a TV show?
Wash your mouth out for spouting such hate. Kay is the smartest most knowledgable sports talking head on television. Besides I lust after her. She is just the cutest thing. We need more Kay Adams on sports.

Wash your mouth out for spouting such hate. Kay is the smartest most knowledgable sports talking head on television. Besides I lust after her. She is just the cutest thing. We need more Kay Adams on sports.

Yeah, you need to get out more

She is average looking and really doesn't stand out as 'knowledgable'

how big would the freak out be if the picks are the following?

32 OL
56 TE
64 OL
73 CB
97 DT
101 WR
134 DE

:eek::D

That depends on who we pick up before the draft. If we pick up a DL or 2, I could see us not picking one until the 3rd.

The reality is that Thuney is likely gone after the season, and we could develop someone, or have Wynn move there. We also need a backup OT. Also, Jones is likely to be replaced after season, so a replacement is an option.

So, for me, this wouldn't freak me out at all, although a 2nd OL instead of a S seems wrong.

32 OL
56 TE
64 OL
73 CB
97 DT
101 WR
134 DE

32 OL
56 TE
64 OL
73 CB
97 DT
101 WR
134 DE

Mainly, people would be gobsmacked that they didn’t make any trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back