PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
This dude is a beast. Love the shiftiness combined with power. Not in the first round, of course.

Reactions: TBR
This guy could be an underrated beast

This dude is a beast. Love the shiftiness combined with power. Not in the first round, of course.

I'd love to see a double dip from State college...Sanders, and Mcsorley. If Mcsorley can't cut it as a QB, move him to wr. He'd be a late round flyer.

Few things are a bigger waste of time and emotional energy from a fan's standpoint than mulling a BB draft before and during. Prepare to be disappointed/bewildered on draft day and hopefully quite pleased 11 months from now.

I'd love to see a double dip from State college...Sanders, and Mcsorley. If Mcsorley can't cut it as a QB, move him to wr. He'd be a late round flyer.
Much like Tebow, I’m not sure that he wants to be anything other than a QB.

Few things are a bigger waste of time and emotional energy from a fan's standpoint than mulling a BB draft before and during. Prepare to be disappointed/bewildered on draft day and hopefully quite pleased 11 months from now.

Bah! Humbug!

Draft day is like Christmas Day for us nerds. Admittedly a day that you don’t get all the presents you asked Santa for and a day where your parents tell you they’ve sold some of your presents in order to get better presents next year. Also, day three of the draft is a bit like that time after dinner where there’s crap on the telly, you’re too full and tired to move and your just desperate for the day to end.

No one is ever 100% certain to succeed and even “can’t miss prospects” can very much fail in the League. Having said that, Bosa is probably as sure of a thing in this draft. Furthermore, I totally understand that players need to look out for themselves and taking chances might lead to injury. In his case, Bosa has nothing to prove.

That said, and at the risk of having an unpopular opinion, I don’t like the individual/ME slant he seem to have... “make a name for myself” ; “I got to do what’s smart for me”... why not just say “I look forward to helping a team win” or “can’t wait to get drafted and get to work” ?

Again, intellectually, I understand sitting out the season and not participating in pro day workouts. But Nick Bosa cares much more about himself than his team. He doesn’t even pretend to hide it. Although all players look out for their best interest, something tells me it’s more pronounced here...

Bah! Humbug!

Draft day is like Christmas Day for us nerds. Admittedly a day that you don’t get all the presents you asked Santa for and a day where your parents tell you they’ve sold some of your presents in order to get better presents next year. Also, day three of the draft is a bit like that time after dinner where there’s crap on the telly, you’re too full and tired to move and your just desperate for the day to end.
The draft is when Santa BB brings you lumps of coal, some of which turn into diamonds months or years later.

I never understood this. As a fan you'd think you'd want to get a grasp for a prospect beforehand. See if they developed into the player you thought. In terms of the actual picks there's always a curveball but it's really not that hard to find a PTP (Patriot Type Player)
No idea when he'll pick someone but there are very few surprises in terms of prospects.
I think Bentley & Danny were the only 2 guys left off the PTP list last year. No tape on Bentley & Etling just didn't do it for me.

The whole "we don't know what Bill will do" etc is just something people repeat.

Bah! Humbug!

And your parents give you socks while explaining they spent a 2nd round pick on them.

The draft is when Santa BB brings you lumps of coal, some of which turn into diamonds months or years later.

And there is another conversation after the draft is over. Trying to figure out BB’s madness, which is another fun puzzle to dissect.

Groom him and love him
Then after carrying a clipboard for three years, growing increasingly frustrated that he isn't playing anything but garbage minutes, he leaves in free agency?

-an OT who will go on to make a fortune with another team when his contract is up;
-a DE who will go on to make a fortune with another team when his contract is up;
Then trade the other picks for players who already know how to play in this league but their contracts are coming up.

So. In this case the team will have had insurance and a quality backup for 3 years. For the fans, we would be very happy having Brady for 3 years.

Some (most?) would just sit and assume that both Brady and Hoyer will be here for 3 years, and that, in any case, Brady won't miss any games. We can deal with the issue in 2022.

Of course, there is a small possibility that Brady won't be playing every game for the next 3 years. In that case, Hoyer will take over, until we deal with the situation then.
=====
For some (most) waiting is just fine.

Then after carrying a clipboard for three years, growing increasingly frustrated that he isn't playing anything but garbage minutes, he leaves in free agency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes