PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The difference between the Ravens and the Patriots

Lifer

Banned
Reaction score
The Patriot cut their scumbag loser murdering thugs while the Ravens defend them and make them into effen heroes

Look, I hate the Ravens and Ray Lewis as much as anyone....... but let's not sugar coat it. What Hernandez is accused of is a magnitude beyond Ray Ray's situation. Ray was present and protected others who killed someone in a fight.

Ahern is accused of straight up cold blooded pre-meditated MURDER. I think Ahern's situation is closer to Rae Caruth then Lewis. Being involved in any murder makes you a POS, but lets not pretend that there are not degrees of magnitude. Ray Ray was hanging with thugs that stabbed other people after a fight escalated to violence. Hernandez (as alleged) murdered in cold blood a former friend because he apparently talked crap about him.

ANY team would have cut Ahern after this alleged conduct came out. The Patriots had no choice. Good on them and all, but I think that it was all that much of a decision once the details came out.

Ahern is accused of straight up cold blooded pre-meditated MURDER. I think Ahern's situation is closer to Rae Caruth then Lewis.

ANY team would have cut Ahern after this alleged conduct came out. The Patriots had no choice.

This point is dead on. As of now it was pre-meditated murder, big difference between that and the Ray Lewis situation. Every team would of cut him lets not act like the Patriots would be the only team to do it.

This point is dead on. As of now it was pre-meditated murder, big difference between that and the Ray Lewis situation. Every team would of cut him lets not act like the Patriots would be the only team to do it.

Don't be too sure of that. According to Brian Billick's interview today, he said they kept Lewis on faith in his innocence. He also made a ridiculous point about Patriots players now being concerned about being released because of possible legal trouble.

I think that a LOT of teams would've waited to see if Hernandez was convicted before releasing him.

Is Ray Lewis smarter that A Hernandez if thats a ringing endorsement.:rolleyes:

Brian Billick was on Mike & Mike and kind of echoed those sentiments - given what we know, every team likely would have cut Hernandez. If Hernandez gets off (which is a decent possibility at this point considering there is currently no witness, no weapon, and a fairly weak motive), he doesn't believe Hernandez will get back in the league. I'm suspicious of that - I imagine any number of teams would jump at the chance.

Of course, he also justified what the Ravens did with Lewis - lining up behind him when he was arrested for the murders. Blood in the limo, bought knives the day before, paid off the family, etc.....I don't know how he can defend that. Lewis was clearly in involved in some capacity (even if it was just as an accessory and he orchestrated a cover-up). The allegations against Hernandez are much worse, but I would hope that if the situations were swapped, the Patriots would still cut him.

Patriots should only get credit for doing the right thing if they had a choice. Let's be clear, they had no choice. The police were all over Hernandez from day one. Experienced LE people of the type employed by the Patriots would have been able to read the tea leaves--the repeated searches, the leaks about the rental cars, the destruction of evidence, getting SCUBA people into the water by his house to look for the murder weapon--and been able to predict that, at best, Hernandez was going down for assisting his buddies cover up a murder. No team can be associated with that. The Lewis thing was infinitely more hazy as far as the facts (basically, a he said/she said among convicts) and it was a different time, a different commissioner.

Another practice squad-worthy thread from Lifer.

There has been a great deal of revisionism when it comes to Ray Lewis and it was much worse than what is made out of it now. Ray literally had blood on his hands and his suit which he managed to dispose of. If AH were charged with obstruction in a murder case the way Ray was I have no doubt he would have been cut as well.

The Ray Lewis Guide To Getting Away With Murder (This Is For You, Aaron Hernandez)

Ray Lewis Murder Guide | Aaron Hernandez Arrested Patriots | SportsGrid

The Patriot cut their scumbag loser murdering thugs while the Ravens defend them and make them into effen heroes

And the Ravens do such a good job of it that the stupid talking heads on the football shows get soaking wet from drooling all over themselves when talking about these guys, esp. Ray Lewis.

That's funny. The difference that I see is that a few Pats "fans" brag about the team cutting Hernandez, while being happy that the team re-signed Aqib Talib (two NFL suspensions, charged with battery for beating up a cab driver, and with felony aggravated assault with a deadly weapon for firing a gun at his girlfriend's brother). I guess if charges are dropped, that makes it okay for those "fans", as long as the player is a Patriot.

But if claiming the moral high ground makes you feel better under current circumstances, be my guest. It's a crappy situation.

That's funny. The difference that I see is that a few Pats "fans" brag about the team cutting Hernandez, while being happy that the team re-signed Aqib Talib (two NFL suspensions, charged with battery for beating up a cab driver, and with felony aggravated assault with a deadly weapon for firing a gun at his girlfriend's brother). I guess if charges are dropped, that makes it okay for those "fans", as long as the player is a Patriot.

But if claiming the moral high ground makes you feel better under current circumstances, be my guest. It's a crappy situation.

I'm pretty sure that assault charges being dropped due to insufficient evidence is a little different than pleading down to obstruction and flipping on two guys in a double murder, then settling with the dead guys' families.

Right, because selling your friends out to cover your own murder charge is the same thing as a case being dropped due to lack of sufficient evidence. I've seen a lot of RayRay defenses in my time but this one takes the cake.

C'mon, man.

I don't think a Ravens fan should get into it with any other team's fans about bad apples on their roster. As far as moral high ground, Ray Lewis, man of god

There has been a great deal of revisionism when it comes to Ray Lewis and it was much worse than what is made out of it now. Ray literally had blood on his hands and his suit which he managed to dispose of. If AH were charged with obstruction in a murder case the way Ray was I have no doubt he would have been cut as well.

The Ray Lewis Guide To Getting Away With Murder (This Is For You, Aaron Hernandez)

Ray Lewis Murder Guide | Aaron Hernandez Arrested Patriots | SportsGrid

The only issue I have that article is

He might even be able to win another Super Bowl 13 years later and after that everyone will ignore the fact that he might have murdered somebody and ESPN might even hire him as an analyst, but we’re talking in hypotheticals here.

It should be

He might even be able to win a Super Bowl the season after the trial, be named the Super Bowl MVP and then win another Super Bowl his final season and after that everyone will ignore the fact that he might have murdered somebody and ESPN might even hire him as an analyst, but we’re talking in hypotheticals here.

I don't think a Ravens fan should get into it with any other team's fans about bad apples on their roster.

Says a Pats fan on one of the darkest days of their franchise, in a thread specifically started to "get into it" with another team's fans. The irony meter just went off the scale.

If you want to know why the Pats would sign Hernandez to a $40 million contract, first figure out why they'd sign a thug like Talib, and losers like Haynesworth and Ocho.

Says a Pats fan on one of the darkest days of their franchise, in a thread specifically started to "get into it" with another team's fans. The irony meter just went off the scale.

If you want to know why the Pats would sign Hernandez to a $40 million contract, first figure out why they'd sign a thug like Talib, and losers like Haynesworth and Ocho.

Point taken. The Ravens idolized and made a man who is guilty of at least obstruction of justice in a murder the face of their franchise. I don’t see the Patriots ever doing anything like that. The Ravens did just that.

"Losers" (for stuff they didn't do with the Pats, by the way) = deifying a possible double murderer who pleaded down, flipped on his friends, and settled with the victims' families.

You're serious?

Says a Pats fan on one of the darkest days of their franchise, .

But you would say that.
Given your franchise didn't have the moral fibre to follow suit in similar circumstances.
I mean. The patriots did the right thing now. Don't you agree?
Yes or no will suffice.

This is ******ed. The two scenarios are vastly different and the players involved have very differrent track records. I am not a huge Ray Lewis fan, I think he is too self-aggrandizing. But he and Aaron are worlds apart man.

Also- I think almost any team would have cut him as the Pats did. Kraft knew what the jig was, he talked to the cops, good move by the Pats and done decisively. Some things are more important than the game.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back