PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Danny Etling era is OVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Etling: "Go see Jerry Jones who is looking for a quarterback who won't turn down $30 million/year. Bring your Super Bowl ring."

See, he is proof that hard work does not guarantee success. So kids, stop trying hard.!

I'm genuinely curious about what people picked up on that indicates he tries harder than others on the field, want success more than others, is smarter about football than others, and the other implications in all the positive statements about him on the board in the past year, and especially in the past couple of months. I haven't seen any interviews or other indications of character or intelligence other than he showed up and did what was asked of him on the field, which is true about...just about everyone who is still on the roster and many who aren't. So what am I missing?

Was rooting for the dude. Always a fan of a hard worker. Hopefully its to let him catch on else where and give him a better shot of making a team.

Oh well. I applaud his effort.

seemed like a great guy and a guy willing to do anything to get on the field I hope nothing but the best for him.

Coach Etling? Maybe not for the Patriots, but somewhere. Belichick clearly respected him, but he lacks the talent for the NFL.

Yes, it's tough at the top. Came across as a good kid, he may still have a role in the game but even if this is a disappointment for him , he will always have memories of playing for a great team , coach and TB12......

giphy.
giphy.gif

I'm genuinely curious about what people picked up on that indicates he tries harder than others on the field, want success more than others, is smarter about football than others, and the other implications in all the positive statements about him on the board in the past year, and especially in the past couple of months. I haven't seen any interviews or other indications of character or intelligence other than he showed up and did what was asked of him on the field, which is true about...just about everyone who is still on the roster and many who aren't. So what am I missing?
I dunna know. Always seemed to run out to the field. They always brought him on road trips. Was open (unlike Tebow) to play other positions. BB always said good things about him. They seemed to like him.

Just a positive impression I guess...

Eagle scout truly good kid
patriots brought him to games last year just so he would get the experience of the game atmosphere he won practice player of the week a a few times Scout team QB scout team wr coaches and players loved him.
I'm sure I'm missing some things.

Kellerman has a take where Etling will be a bum in short order

Good, now I don’t have to listen to people talk about him anymore over far more deserving players.

Consistently the first on the field and the last off the field (at least during open camp practices), worked on receiver during practice and then would work on QB drills with younger receivers after practice.

And as others stated...BB seemed to like him, practice player of the week etc...The guy seemingly didn't take anything for granted and worked hard. Can't ask for much more.

Has as many SB rings as Rodgers :D

His main problem seems to me that, in training camp and preseason, he is tied with me at zero receptions. But I haven't even been targeted...

Danny Etling: "Go see Jerry Jones who is looking for a quarterback who won't turn down $30 million/year. Bring your Super Bowl ring."

Dark Prescott is insane. He’s trying to be paid as the top QB, has he even won a playoff game yet?

His stats are pretty mediocre too, especially considering he’s got one, if not the best offensive line in football and they’ve made efforts to surround him with weapons.. and he’s got Ezekiel Elliott

So crazy what these good but not great QBs are demanding for money. Do you think someone would actually pay him that as a free agent? I’m not so sure. He hasn’t really displayed anything in his game that is “special”

His main problem seems to me that, in training camp and preseason, he is tied with me at zero receptions. But I haven't even been targeted...

So, technically, you are having a better camp, but haven't even shown up.

This is what I hate the most about camp. Every year we have maybe 20 guys I that I think would be useful to our team, but gotta give them the pink slip. I'd love for us to expand NFL roster sizes to maybe 67 players with 8 on the PS for a total of 75 players. Maybe make 53 game day active. With larger roster sizes, the Pats coaches can really spend time developing some guys or using them more on the scout team.

Belichick has drafted 10 QBs while coaching the Pats, can't expect him to pick a winner like his first one everytime....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots