PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Curse of Robert Irsay Game Thread (Colts vs. Ravens).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great post Ray, I agree with you. Congrats to the Colts they deserved to win this game, and that's the only compliment that I'm willing to give.

At this moment, they are irrelavent. All I care about is my Patriots going out on that field tomorrow, and taking care of business. Then we'll see what happens next.

Hey I relayed a message to you a couple weeks ago.

You are missed.:(

While i agree with what you say, I think you'll admit this isn't the style of game Indy's supposed to win.

Sure, Peyton could have easily been picked a few more times, but with the game on the line their team played heady and played tough.

I don't like it. But of course tomorrow's game is all we can handle right now.

I just don't see the Colts playing heady or tough at the end of the game. I see the Ravens playing weak and dumb, most of the way through, especially on offense. By the time the Ravens needed that last stop, that defense had been out on the field so much, it wouldn't have stopped Cleveland's offense, let alone Indy's, even with Manning gagging hard. So you're right, I wouldn't expect Indy to win a ball control game like this, given the style they like to play. But I don't attribute that to Indy suddenly becoming a tough, grind it out playoff team, I attribute it to awful, atrocious coaching on the other side of the ball. If we don't get past San Diego on Sunday, I fully expect Indy to win that game too (as I did this one, since I haven't liked the Ravens chances all season), because Schottenheimer will find a way to run LT straight up the middle 15 times into a 9 man front, then start flinging the ball around in desperation when his team is down by two touchdowns. Maybe Dungy has developed secret Jedi force mind tricks, because twice now his counterpart on the other sideline has played directly into his hands and ignored the Colts weaknesses.

That may be so, but they tried to pound at the wrong wrong time, 2nd and goal on the 2 yard line, following a straight ahead rush, they tried it again, straight into a wall...minus 3 yards, and all they had left was a desperation 3rd down pass attempt, and it was picked off.

Play action, a little bootleg, or rollout, and they would have been in the end zone.

That was the play call that killed them, 2nd and 2.....and the entire Colt defense was looking for the run, and the Ravens did the nice thing, and gave it to them.

NEM, you could have called the plays better. And I'm almost serious.

Chess game won by Indy, no doubt. Obviously, the right play is usually the one they aren't expecting.

I just don't see the Colts playing heady or tough at the end of the game. I see the Ravens playing weak and dumb, most of the way through, especially on offense. By the time the Ravens needed that last stop, that defense had been out on the field so much, it wouldn't have stopped Cleveland's offense, let alone Indy's, even with Manning gagging hard. So you're right, I wouldn't expect Indy to win a ball control game like this, given the style they like to play. But I don't attribute that to Indy suddenly becoming a tough, grind it out playoff team, I attribute it to awful, atrocious coaching on the other side of the ball. If we don't get past San Diego on Sunday, I fully expect Indy to win that game too (as I did this one, since I haven't liked the Ravens chances all season), because Schottenheimer will find a way to run LT straight up the middle 15 times into a 9 man front, then start flinging the ball around in desperation when his team is down by two touchdowns. Maybe Dungy has developed secret Jedi force mind tricks, because twice now his counterpart on the other sideline has played directly into his hands and ignored the Colts weaknesses.

Of course they haven't changed completely, but they used to blow games like this.

They've learned something IMO. I don't expect them to adapt this style, but when teams use 6 DBs, having confidence you can beat the other team at ball control justmakes you dangerous.

It's the one dimensional nature that made Indy pigeons in the playoffs.

Of course they haven't changed completely, but they used to blow games like this.

They've learned something IMO. I don't expect them to adapt this style, but when teams use 6 DBs, having confidence you can beat the other team at ball control justmakes you dangerous.

It's the one dimensional nature that made Indy pigeons in the playoffs.

The thing is, they've been zero-dimensional in these playoffs. They've been bad on offense, mediocre on defense past the first quarter, and generally have not played that well. The fact that their opposition has played far, far worse, especially when so many of their wounds are self-inflicted... it doesn't lead me to draw the conclusion that the Colts have suddenly figured things out.

The thing is, they've been zero-dimensional in these playoffs. They've been bad on offense, mediocre on defense past the first quarter, and generally have not played that well. The fact that their opposition has played far, far worse, especially when so many of their wounds are self-inflicted... it doesn't lead me to draw the conclusion that the Colts have suddenly figured things out.

They won.

There was a team that had no good receivers, gave up too much yardage on defense and hardly had any pro bowl players.

They were lucky. And won in the playoffs almost every game.

Sound familiar?:D

They won.

There was a team that had no good receivers, gave up too much yardage on defense and hardly had any pro bowl players.

They were lucky. And won in the playoffs almost every game.

Sound familiar?:D

Totally different. There's no such thing as giving up too much yardage, either, since last I checked, they don't award points for yardage gained or surrendered. The other two qualities you describe hardly apply to the Colts. They are in no way a parallel to our 2001-02 team, even IF (and that's a big if) the outcome is the same.

The Jets Game Cost Us...Just like we thought it might...

Make me stop, please! I keep repeating, that darn Jets game, that darn Jets game. Good Lord, if Kraft had replaced the turf a few weeks earlier that would have been us in Baltimore and we would have destroyed the hapless Ravens. And then we might have had a opportunity to play at home as the Colts would have a chance against the Bolts in shootout.

Oh, the agony. Oh, the humiliation of Brady throwing the worst interception of the year. Oh, the painful visage of Brady slipping on folds of rotten sod as he rolls to his left. I HATE THE JETS!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye