PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The conditions in todays game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Not making any excuses, but I have to wonder how much the heat affected our performance in this game. Defense looked gassed from the start. Definitely isn’t the first time we struggled in the heat.

Either way, a lot of adjustments need to be made.

I like running a lot, but my first run at Kings Bay GA was the most terrible I felt running in my life when I run the next day after arrival.

Apart from the conditions today we played what seemed to be our biggest opponent in the AFC and played like ass on all sides of the ball.

What other resultcan u expect under those circumstances?

Not making any excuses, but I have to wonder how much the heat affected our performance in this game. Defense looked gassed from the start. Definitely isn’t the first time we struggled in the heat.

it was the hottest game ever as well. We are playing at Miami soon right? (or is that one at home)

The heat, the D assuming they'd fixed everything, and a ref in Carl Cheffers that learned to time his egregiously blown calls doomed us.

Or maybe they're just bad, you know like all of last year.

The Pats don't have any players on defense who are top 5 at their position anymore, McCourty and Hightower are a shell of what they used to be and it's JAG central out there.

Yeah no ****. It was nearly triple digits. Everyone was just a step too slow. Chalk this up as nothing to worry about. Learn from the late game miscues and move onto the next one.

Chicken Little’s download the Tune In radio app, iOS here:
‎TuneIn: NFL, Radio & Podcasts

Android:
http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tunein.player&hl=en&referrer=utm_medium=referral&utm_source=tunein.com&utm_campaign=gemini_homepage

You can commiserate all week on WEEI with folks of equivalent intellect. If you find yourself angry, never come back :)

I think we will be 4 and 1 when playing KC at home. That will be big.

When I heard what the temperature was going to be I thought, not good. Maybe betting against the Pats on this one would be profitable. However, be that as it may, I saw some character. It's always fascinating to watch this team and their coaches find a way. That's what being a Patriots fan is all about. You get an entire season worth of entertainment from real professionals.

I think we will be 4 and 1 when playing KC at home. That will be big.
KC and JAX look like the conference anklebiters this year.

Let's hope the anklebiter isn't a Great White

I wonder if Bill thought about requesting having the Jags and Miami road games back to back so they could stay in Florida and acclimate.

I wonder if Bill thought about requesting having the Jags and Miami road games back to back so they could stay in Florida and acclimate.
They don't play in Miami till the middle of December.

They are always awful this time of year in Florida look at the Miami games in 2014 and 2001. It's that way for those teams are like up north in December.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
They are always awful this time of year in Florida look at the Miami games in 2014 and 2001. It's that way for those teams are like up north in December.
That 2014 game reminded me of today except we played better in the first half of that game and then faded. Today we just never got started.

They showed Brady’s record in his hottest games and it wasn’t good. I think there was one win? So yeah, maybe a thing, but if it was then tough ****. “Florida might be hot” isn’t shocking news. Much of NE (or Green Bay, or Chicago) football lore has to do with bad winter weather, well, that swings both ways. I certainly have never cared about the weather factor for a dome or warm-weather team when they came to NE in January.

We’ll outprepare, outwork, and outcoach you, do your job, no days off....unless it’s hot!

They got their asses kicked, but they’ve proven in the past they have the ability to learn from it, make changes and move on, so we’ll see if they can do that again. But any weather stuff is an excuse, no more, no less.

That 2014 game reminded me of today except we played better in the first half of that game and then faded. Today we just never got started.

Yet we were still Cordarelle Patterson’s balance and Justin King tapping the Jag who jumped offsides on punt return, away from being right in it. As much as the Jags ripped off ridiculous stuff all game, it was within grasp. I think we will be okay going forward. I hope Flowers concussion is not as bad as he looked after the play. Hope Chung is okay too.

Yet we were still Cordarelle Patterson’s balance and Justin King tapping the Jag who jumped offsides on punt return, away from being right in it. As much as the Jags ripped off ridiculous stuff all game, it was within grasp. I think we will be okay going forward. I hope Flowers concussion is not as bad as he looked after the play. Hope Chung is okay too.

thank you for this post...I almost jumped off the ledge but you talked me back. I could've sworn it was all bad, everything horrible, no chance of any improvement and a real kick in the groin for someone like me who expects perfection every game .

I remember reading something Tedy Bruschi said- that they never talk about the heat (and weren't allowed to), but it is absolutely and definitely a factor. There's just no way of getting around that one, and today was brutal.

Thank God the most critical football is played in late fall/winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back