1) Were 2-0 in the division and AFC
2) No new significant Injuries since season started
3) AFC Opponents seem to be more banged up or weakened
(INDY,JAC,CINC,PITT,DEN)
4) Defense looks pretty good
5) Running game,TEs and O-Line ROCK
6) Our bye week comes at a good time
7) Strength of schedule seems to favor us
8) Next year looks great Cap and Draft wise, (and strength of schedule)

Opportunities...
1) Get recievers healthy and on track
2) Improve turnover ratio
3) stay healthy
4) trade for WR??

Prediction:
With A little luck we can win 2 or 3 of next 3 games; DEN,CINC,MIA.
Then barring injuries grab a first round bye in the playoffs.
Possibly win #4!
Spend our remaining cap $$ this season resigning the key guys (hopefully at a fair but realistic value).
Really stock up and definately grab another SB next year.( #5!!)

Very persuasive!

But, re: opportunity #4 ...
we don't need no more stinkin wide receivers!

flutie2phelan said:
Very persuasive!

But, re: opportunity #4 ...
we don't need no more stinkin wide receivers!

:yeahthat:

Another reason for optimism--I saw the Jaguars totally shut down the Steelers, and I flashed back to last year's 28-3 playoff game in which the Pats dominated Jacksonville.

Pats DLine and OLine look to be awesome.

Football's won in the trenches.

And we have a power running game.

We've got good receiver's. It's going to take awhile to gel and Brady's a little cranky.

So what?

We've got to patch the secondary already, maybe. Everyone's going to have injuries.

Our power game will cover a lot, while other teams will flounder with a few injuries.

These Patriots have played up and down football so far, but people don't realize just how good they really are. This has the potential to be THE best of our teams during the BB era - and people have no idea. Fair enough. They'll see.

good post... but agree we dont need any more WR, just need to get the ones we have (wll with a lot more upside than the upside present at this time last year, I might add) developed into the system. I am predicting by week 10 the passing game will be in full swing.

Good post...I believe we are a work in progress and barring injuries we will only get better each week like we did in 2003.

Good post, good to see some optimism. I dont' think we need any more WR's unless we get injuries. Also, it makes me a little nervous to be talking SB after 2 games. While I share your optimistic perspective, I'm willing to just focus on winning the division and getting as much home field advantage as possible.

The Jacksonville playoff game was a little misleading. They played us tough for a half with an injured QB, probably should have played Garrard. They had several dropped balls and their defense was very difficult. Willie set a sack record against a tackle with an injured shoulder. Let's no be over confident based on that game. Our December game with them may or may not be important but if we play them again in the playoffs and they are healthy, it would be difficult.

Right. Remember people, last year's team is not this year's team. That goes for the Pats, Jax and everyone else as well.

Secondary needs to tighten up a little in both tackling and in physical style of play.

Brady really needs to pull it together, and probably will soon enough. When he learns the name of each of his new WRs......... :D

A touch more consistency.

Other than that, we are good to go!

I am not all that concerned with the secondary right now, more concerned with Brady and WRs. When they have that down.. imaging the scoring power of this team. Pfft, they can leave the secondary on the sideline if they want to, nobody is going to outscore us:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back