PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The case for keeping Mac Jones in 2024

Yes, we can keep Jones and Zappe, with one MAYBE being the #3 emergency QB. Either, or both, could be cut or traded.

This has no effect on the need for a veteran starter as a bridge and drafting a QB in the top 10 picks.
Jones & Zapp will likely not be on this active roster come week 1.. now Zapp could be kept in a PS role in wich he is best suited in case of injury he could be put on the game day roster. I believe Jones is gone. Now on the flip side you would like to see Jones excel under AVP, and zap to back him up, as you said still taking the QB ,and adding a veteran.

Jones & Zapp will likely not be on this active roster come week 1.. now Zapp could be kept in a PS role in wich he is best suited in case of injury he could be put on the game day roster. I believe Jones is gone. Now on the flip side you would like to see Jones excel under AVP, and zap to back him up, as you said still taking the QB ,and adding a veteran.
Zappe"s trade value is zilch. No team was interested in him when he was cut from camp last year and judging by what we saw last season they didn't miss much. But he's cheap at least, and like Jones that's the biggest reason to keep him around.

Jones might have value to some team as a backup and reclamation project. Pats traded Stidham and got a 6th so I'm sure they can get more than that for Jones.

Zappe"s trade value is zilch. No team was interested in him when he was cut from camp last year and judging by what we saw last season they didn't miss much. But he's cheap at least, and like Jones that's the biggest reason to keep him around.

Jones might have value to some team as a backup and reclamation project. Pats traded Stidham and got a 6th so I'm sure they can get more than that for Jones.
If you hadn't seen my post I'm all in on drafting of course the QB, but however getting the bridge (Wilson). Your right zap has basically mo trade value, so at that point may as well leave him as a 3rd string. Mac absolutely needs to be elsewhere where he can flourish as a back up in the league. However our QB situation is just so botched that it could be advantageous to hold on to Mac until we can get say a 5th? At least?

If you hadn't seen my post I'm all in on drafting of course the QB, but however getting the bridge (Wilson). Your right zap has basically mo trade value, so at that point may as well leave him as a 3rd string. Mac absolutely needs to be elsewhere where he can flourish as a back up in the league. However our QB situation is just so botched that it could be advantageous to hold on to Mac until we can get say a 5th? At least?
Could have Drafted R Doubs on the Packers who we thoroughly scouted but passed numerous times. What a Draft Day that was it started out so Strange.:mad:

Could have Drafted R Doubs on the Packers who we thoroughly scouted but passed numerous times. What a Draft Day that was it started out so Strange.:mad:
I know right I'm confused on why he was passed up!...

Listen, as easy as it is to want to dump Mac with last years trash, it's also not hard to find reasons why his 1st 3 years were about as bad of a situation any 1st round QB could be put in, starting with the fact that...
His HC hated him!
That's not hyperbole anymore, it's been corroborated. Throw all of his mistakes aside and consider how well could he do when his HC - who mandated the Offensive plans - actively wanted him out.
I'm not saying I'm a fan, but in a style that allowed Baker to succeed, and Old Flacco to resurrect to playoff caliber in 1-week prep...
He could be a "no-cost" bridge - because no decent FA QB will come here, and Maye is not going play well in week 1.

Listen, as easy as it is to want to dump Mac with last years trash, it's also not hard to find reasons why his 1st 3 years were about as bad of a situation any 1st round QB could be put in, starting with the fact that...
His HC hated him!
That's not hyperbole anymore, it's been corroborated. Throw all of his mistakes aside and consider how well could he do when his HC - who mandated the Offensive plans - actively wanted him out.
I'm not saying I'm a fan, but in a style that allowed Baker to succeed, and Old Flacco to resurrect to playoff caliber in 1-week prep...
He could be a "no-cost" bridge - because no decent FA QB will come here, and Maye is not going play well in week 1.

I can’t watch Mac Jones anymore. It’s like rewatching a show where you already knew the ending the first time you watched it.

His HC hated him!
When we last checked Zappe was a head of him maybe N Rourke is too now.

This is unfair. There are no defenders for him to throw to.
That would have been a sack by the Ball coupled with a holding by V Lowe.

That would have been a sack by the Ball coupled with a holding by V Lowe.

If they just put up a game clock with 1:10 left to play every throw would be Chuck Knoblauch throwing to first base.

Yeah. It's a tough call. I think the bridge should be a vet tbh. If this was a few years ago Fitzmagic would be right at the top of the list.

Yeah. It's a tough call. I think the bridge should be a vet tbh. If this was a few years ago Fitzmagic would be right at the top of the list.
Agreed, Ownership wants to be competitive, while growing the QB.. feels like it will be a bridge Veteran In.. I really like that AVP is a QB whisperer.

STFU

Colin Cowherd makes case for Mac Jones to stay with Patriots in 2024​

• Updated: Mar. 06, 2024, 7:38 p.m.|
  • Published: Mar. 06, 2024, 7:38 p.m.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3