PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "Can't wait for Ken two weeks in a row" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Hope all is well with you and yours.

1. I often think the officials suck. Generally I think they suck equally for both teams. Other than Denver 2015 and Carolina the last two times we've played them I can't remember games where I've come away thinking the fix is in.

2. #1 said WTF was the offense game plan today and where were the adjustments? Clearly they thought the Steelers were rolling out the same defense they have for the last 30 years but when they didn't where were the adjustments? Where was even a simple misdirection? Get Patterson the ball in space or do one of the motion flip passes or fake that pass and go deep. Why not go with a heavy package and play action deep to Gordong? They were severely outcoached. You knew by formation almost every time they were going to run or pass.

3. This team isn't mentally tough. All of those pre-snap penalties weren't on the refs. 3-5 on the road I can't see them going into KC, SD or Houston and winning a game when they couldn't beat the 5 teams they've lost to on the road this year. As the 4 seed unless Houston completely F's up against the Eagles or Jaguars they might not get by the 5 seed of the KC/SD loser. As the 3 seed Baltimore won't be easy. Maybe they win. Houston is beatable in a road game but again given they haven't beaten less teams on the road.

4. The DL needs a major rebuild. They can't stop the run. They can't get pressure on the QB. The refs were letting the Steelers OL get away with a lot of holding which was called on the Pats. If they let it go both ways I would have been fine with it.

5. This receiving core just doesn't win one on one matchups. Gronk while still the GOAT for his body of work isn't that player any longer. Edelman is the one guy but every week it seems he has a drop or some type of mental mistake like his penalty today. Gordon like Gronk flashes but then just seems to disappear at times, 1/19 isn't getting it done. Hogan had the big TD today but that was more nobody covering him than anything special he did. I think a minimum of Gronk and Hogan are gone after this year. I wish they used Patterson more today.

6. In general the OL has been good since the injuries to the starting 5 have resolved. Today the penalties, lack of consistency in both the run and the pass game it wasn't their best game.

7. Minus a couple of missed tackles the DBs played really well. What an awful call on Jones and yet the Steeler DBs were allowed contact again and again down the field. Jackson is showing some promise.

8. What a great play keeping that ball in bounds. It will be completely forgotten because it was in a loss but that was one of the most amazing downing the ball plays ever.

9. Allen is so overlooked. He should have made a pro bowl or all pro team.

10. I'm not sure if Brady was throwing it up or trying to throw it away and came up short but you can't do that in a tight game. Much like last week with the sack to end the half just not smart.

11. The Red Zone offense sucks and has for most of the year. I don't get why they didn't clear out and have either Edelman, Patterson or Gordon run an in move and then go out. The Steelers were flooding the middle of the field.

12. Harmon always seems to just be in the right place at the right time. He's an average talent who has really worked hard to maximize his potential.

Last edited:
Nice breakdown @everlong

Just wanted to give this a bump for those that may have missed it in the post-Steelers loss angst.

Ken made an appearance this week, BTW.

Ken made an appearance this week, BTW.

Yes I saw that. I had one written up for the Miami game but he never posted so I let that one die on the vine. I was so pissed off for the second week in a row I couldn't let it go.

Given who their last two opponents are even if they win out and Houston drops a game it's going to be hard to upgrade their postseason chances by much. The consistency hasn't been there this year and the DL, OL and receivers are the main reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down