Not open for further replies.

Dragda

Yes, it's really me...
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Now that Jonathan Stewart has declared for the NFL draft, Mc Fadden may drop to the second round--or at least low enough where we may be qable to trade up or down to get him. Stewart is a much better prospect. In his bowl game with a freshman QB and the whole opposing defense concentrating on him, he put up gawdy numbers while nursing turf toe.

McFadden will likely be a good player, but Stewart is the NFL prototype back.

Personally, I'd rather see us with a good ILB but I don't have anybody picked out as a stellar pick for us.

Now that Jonathan Stewart has declared for the NFL draft, Mc Fadden may drop to the second round

There's very little chance McFadden drops out of the top 5, and absolutely no chance he makes it past 10.

a pick as high as we have warrants a good lineman. you can never have enough linemen. bill knows that brady would suck with a terrible line, and our back eight would suck without a solid line. any chance to pick a lineman that good would be terrible to pass up.

as for the topic of the thread, we have several great rb. we dont need more

Last edited:
Now that Jonathan Stewart has declared for the NFL draft, Mc Fadden may drop to the second round--or at least low enough where we may be qable to trade up or down to get him. Stewart is a much better prospect. In his bowl game with a freshman QB and the whole opposing defense concentrating on him, he put up gawdy numbers while nursing turf toe.

Personally, I'd rather see us with a good ILB but I don't have anybody picked out as a stellar pick for us.

Saw the bowl. You could have driven a truck through those holes. South Florida was destroyed at the LOS, and confused by formations. Moffit ran like he was stuck in the mud. Stewart is another Michael the Burner Turner. A solid NFL player, and ideal backup hammer to a quality starter.

This McFadden backlash is silly. He is a great talent. Worthy of the #1 pick in the draft? Probably not. No back should be taken there unless he's E. Campbell/B. Sanders/E. ****erson.

D-Mac isn't just a RB. He's a stud Special Teams guy. He can block well, because of his size and upper body strength (and speed). He can catch passes. He can throw passes in a Half Back Pass play. He won't last very long. Thinking he'll be there in the 2nd round is ridiculous.

Mcfadden is horribly overrated. Poor vision... Felix Jones and Stewart will be bad. Mark it down.

I would take stewart any day of the week. He is as big as Dillon was and has the speed to return kicks.

The kid is going to be a stud. 230 lbs with world class speed.

Mcfadden is horribly overrated. Poor vision... Felix Jones and Stewart will be bad. Mark it down.

I would take stewart any day of the week. He is as big as Dillon was and has the speed to return kicks.

The kid is going to be a stud. 230 lbs with world class speed.

Stewart doesnt have world class speed. Hes gonna run a 4.42 or w.e wont really be more explosive than Maroney

Stewart doesnt have world class speed. Hes gonna run a 4.42 or w.e wont really be more explosive than Maroney

Stewart is just as explosive as Maroney and has the ability to run in the tackles and truck people.

Stewart will be a stud , period. For his size he has awesome speed. Unlike Maroney Stewart has awesome vision.

Stewarts game speed for his size is awesome. Care to make a bet Stewart is a better pro then Mcfadden?

A 4.4 at 230 lbs with al lthe intangibles Stewart brings is awesome!

Last edited:
Now that Jonathan Stewart has declared for the NFL draft, Mc Fadden may drop to the second round

Unless Stewart has 32 clones that everyone drafts in the first round how is 1 guy going to cause McFadden to drop to the second round?

Unless Stewart has 32 clones that everyone drafts in the first round how is 1 guy going to cause McFadden to drop to the second round?

No way MC drops to the second round. However I think Jones and Stewart will be better pros.

Stewart is just as explosive as Maroney and has the ability to run in the tackles and truck people.

Stewart will be a stud , period. For his size he has awesome speed. Unlike Maroney Stewart has awesome vision.

Stewarts game speed for his size is awesome. Care to make a bet Stewart is a better pro then Mcfadden?

A 4.4 at 230 lbs with al lthe intangibles Stewart brings is awesome!

Maroney had great vision in college as well when he didnt run disciplined at times. He has good speed but its not anywhere near world class. Some question if he will run below a 4.45 because what they see on film. I do think Stewart will be a better pro than DMac though. I like ihm a lot

i think Mendenhall will be the best

Last edited:
Now that Jonathan Stewart has declared for the NFL draft, Mc Fadden may drop to the second round--

:rolleyes:

That's hilarious... the guy's gone from a top 5 to the second round because one junior declared.

At this rate the guy will be lucky to be drafted at all come April.

I for one would be willing to take a chance on him as an undrafted free agent.... just as long as there's no guaranteed money

:rofl:

:rolleyes:

That's hilarious... the guy's gone from a top 5 to the second round because one junior declared.

At this rate the guy will be lucky to be drafted at all come April.

I for one would be willing to take a chance on him as an undrafted free agent.... just as long as there's no guaranteed money

:rofl:

especially considering he was never ahead of McFadden in first place.

This is so tired. Sammy + LoMo are our running game for years to come. We will replace Asante with our high draft pick. If we can sign him, the pick will be oline or dline. Sammy and Lomo are fine. Hey, it's not like we are going to run the ball...

Maroney had great vision in college as well when he didnt run disciplined at times. He has good speed but its not anywhere near world class. Some question if he will run below a 4.45 because what they see on film. I do think Stewart will be a better pro than DMac though. I like ihm a lot

i think Mendenhall will be the best

I see what you are saying. I am a big fan of J Stew , so I tend to blow up his abilities a tad :D Honestly I think D mac is going to be a average back.

This is ridiculous. McFadden is a top 5 pick, he'll never drop to the second round. He has all the tools, runs inside and outside with authority and explosion, catches the football, blocks well, can dominate games with his play, bust out for over 200 yards a game, etc. etc.

I don't understand the hate for McFadden. If you've seen the guy play, you know he's a stud. This is the same kid who ran roughshod over National Champion LSU's defense. Top 3 defensive stud pick Dorsey couldn't find a way to stop the guy as he ran for over 200 yards in one of LSU's 2 losses for the season.

I like J Stewart as a power back/Bettis type, but let's not get carried away. That places Stewart in the mid to late 1st round. These are 2 different runners, with different running styles that I believe will both have success in the pros.

This is ridiculous. McFadden is a top 5 pick, he'll never drop to the second round. He has all the tools, runs inside and outside with authority and explosion, catches the football, blocks well, can dominate games with his play, bust out for over 200 yards a game, etc. etc.

I don't understand the hate for McFadden. If you've seen the guy play, you know he's a stud. This is the same kid who ran roughshod over National Champion LSU's defense. Top 3 defensive stud pick Dorsey couldn't find a way to stop the guy as he ran for over 200 yards in one of LSU's 2 losses for the season.

I like J Stewart as a power back/Bettis type, but let's not get carried away. That places Stewart in the mid to late 1st round. These are 2 different runners, with different running styles that I believe will both have success in the pros.

Mcfadden has poor vision imo. He is not very elusive imo. He initates contact almost all the time instead of avioding it. All the great ones are ellesive as well as powerful. Sanders , Faulk etc etc. All that does in the NFL is get you hurt. If his fullback does not clear a clear lane he is always running right up his legs instead of seeing a open lane and making something happen. Poor vision.

The only elite thing Mcfadden has is top end speed. His frame is lanky and imo he does not cut very well. His trunk is skinny.

Felix Jones, J stewart and Mendenhall are all better pure runners. That will be shown when they all turn pro.

Mcfadden will be a bust.

Last edited:
Mcfadden has poor vision imo. He is not very elusive imo. He initates contact almost all the time instead of avioding it. All the great ones are ellesive as well as powerful. Sanders , Faulk etc etc. All that does in the NFL is get you hurt. If his fullback does not clear a clear lane he is always running right up his legs instead of seeing a open lane and making something happen. Poor vision.

The only elite thing Mcfadden has is top end speed. His frame is lanky and imo he does not cut very well. His trunk is skinny.

Felix Jones, J stewart and Mendenhall are all better pure runners. That will be shown when they all turn pro.

Mcfadden will be a bust.

McFadden is actually elusive though..and quick. He doesnt seek contact. lol idk where u got all that from

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes