PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Best Offense In The NFL Has Issue That Can Be Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The offense is one of the very best in the NFL. Here, Josh is NOT performing the magic that Patricia (the rocket scientist) is doing on defense. We have a good OL, including blocking TE's. We have the best set of RB's in my memory. We have the best QB in the NFL.

The offense has struggled. Edelman was replaced by Cooks for the season.

The offense has been able to deal with the loss of Cannon (Waddle and Fleming have been pretty amazing). The RB's are fine now that Lewis is healthy.

However, Brady NEEDS his receivers. Obviously, we need a healthy Gronk AND a healthy Hogan or Mitchell. It is NOT a luxury for Brady to have all those receiving options. It is a necessity for the offense to function well.

Dolphins made Patriots look like just another team. How did that happen?

-- There was a lot of wailing on my Twitter timeline (as there always is when the Patriots don’t play like the Patriots) and a lot of it was aimed at Josh McDaniels. That feels like a copout. If the offensive line is leaking and guys aren’t getting open fast, that’s how it looks. There’s no lever to pull that makes it all go away. Miami just played really well and its personnel outplayed the Patriots. They did things Monday night that they didn’t do two weeks ago and some of those adjustments have to fall on the coaches and coordinator but this was execution, not coaching.

Couldn't any high powered offense in the NFL be solved with the right personnel? Look at SB XIX, XXXV, XXXII, XXXVI, XLII, and XLVIII, and 50 as examples.

That's why Baltimore, LA, Jags, Vikes & Birds ( potentially) are bad matchups.

Couldn't any high powered offense in the NFL be solved with the right personnel? Look at SB XIX, XXXV, XXXII, XXXVI, XLII, and XLVIII, and 50 as examples.

That's why Baltimore, LA, Jags, Vikes & Birds ( potentially) are bad matchups.

IMHO, when you truly have the best offense (or almost) in the NFL, losing one player shouldn't make all the difference when playing a mediocre team.

BUT, this was one game. On to PITT.

IMHO, when you truly have the best offense (or almost) in the NFL, losing one player shouldn't make all the difference when playing a mediocre team.

BUT, this was one game. On to PITT.

Gronk's and Edelman's absence were felt last night for sure. Still doesn't excuse the guy whiffing on Cutler and poor interceptions.

Win the remaining three games & you get the 1. It's all in front of them and they should move on to Pittsburgh by tomorrow or Thursday.

The offense is one of the very best in the NFL. Here, Josh is NOT performing the magic that Patricia (the rocket scientist) is doing on defense. We have a good OL, including blocking TE's. We have the best set of RB's in my memory. We have the best QB in the NFL.

The offense has struggled. Edelman was replaced by Cooks for the season.

The offense has been able to deal with the loss of Cannon (Waddle and Fleming have been pretty amazing). The RB's are fine now that Lewis is healthy.

However, Brady NEEDS his receivers. Obviously, we need a healthy Gronk AND a healthy Hogan or Mitchell. It is NOT a luxury for Brady to have all those receiving options. It is a necessity for the offense to function well.
Brady needs to not be missing half the practices, be playing without his best weapon, and with a guy who hasn’t played in a month and clearly wasn’t ready and an OL that couldn’t run or pass block effectively.

Now I see why the Colts Dumped Phillip one trick pony Dorsett. Even without Gronk dude couldn't get legitimate snaps another goose egg game. BB in the future STAY AWAY From those Colts Rejects. :mad:

Now I see why the Colts Dumped Phillip one trick pony Dorsett. Even without Gronk dude couldn't get legitimate snaps another goose egg game. BB in the future STAY AWAY From those Colts Rejects. :mad:

Yes, that's what I got from this game, too . . . o_O

I'm curious why the offense could get near 200 yards of rushing versus the Dolphins a few weeks ago, and hardly anything last night. I know Gronk is a big part of the rushing attack, but is he that important?

I'm curious why the offense could get near 200 yards of rushing versus the Dolphins a few weeks ago, and hardly anything last night. I know Gronk is a big part of the rushing attack, but is he that important?

Hmmmmm? Yes!

The offensive line was offsensive

People are quick to blame Brady too but watching last night, the dolphins defense played great. Our receivers couldn’t get open and Brady was forcing the ball into tight coverage and trusting his receivers to get it, but they couldn’t. Cooks is good but he isn’t an Edelman or a Antonio Brown,those guys get open and get after the ball. Plus Brady was harrassed all night. All that contributed to him having a bad night. I’m just glad he didn’t get hurt.

The offense failed to match the intensity of the dolphins. When you consider all the important players missing our defense, they still played with pride and intensity and gave our offense the ball 3-4 times towards the end of the game

... Plus Brady was harrassed all night. All that contributed to him having a bad night. I’m just glad he didn’t get hurt.
My fear is that he's already hurt. Missed two practices. On the injury report for an injured Achilles. Threw like he couldn't plant and drive. I'm wondering if it's time to shut him down and let his 40 year old body rest and recuperate until the playoffs begin.

People are quick to blame Brady too but watching last night, the dolphins defense played great. Our receivers couldn’t get open and Brady was forcing the ball into tight coverage and trusting his receivers to get it, but they couldn’t. Cooks is good but he isn’t an Edelman or a Antonio Brown,those guys get open and get after the ball. Plus Brady was harrassed all night. All that contributed to him having a bad night. I’m just glad he didn’t get hurt.

Good man coverage. Idk how the duffins did it but no one could get open. Cooks has to step it up offensively.

I was really upset with the loss , but putting things into perspective sometimes the other team just plays better that day. Cutler had his best game as a Dolphin and their defense played lights out.

Good man coverage. Idk how the duffins did it but no one could get open. Cooks has to step it up offensively.
Per Phil Perry/ TEC, and confirmed by Belichick this am - Pats had a ton of trouble w Miami cover 1 and couldn't get open vs man coverage. We've seen this many times before vs teams that can pressure Brady up the middle or make Brady THINK he's getting pressure up the middle and cover the short middle.
Here's to hoping they can run the ball next week for 220 so the game's not all on injured Brady...

According to those in the game thread, he wasn't.

My fear is that he's already hurt. Missed two practices. On the injury report for an injured Achilles. Threw like he couldn't plant and drive. I'm wondering if it's time to shut him down and let his 40 year old body rest and recuperate until the playoffs begin.

For a man that loves his practices it’s a little worrisome for him to miss these practices. I’ve had a sore achilles too and I was always cautious running and jumping until the pain was gone. Two of his worse games this season came when this Achilles starting hurting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes