PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The beautiful thing about the Eagles is

Taking pleasure at the struggles of the team who defeated us last Super Bowl is what fans of the other 31 loser franchises do. Not playing.

I get what you're saying, but if you don't want to take pleasure in that team from a schadenfreude perspective, think of it this way: It further illustrates how impressive this Patriots run has been, because the Eagles are just another in a long line of teams who win one and then can't compete the next year. What we take for granted each year is hard for every other team, and nigh impossible for most.

I might be missing one, but I think since 2000, only the Rams, Seahawks, and Patriots (twice) have gone to back to back Super Bowls.

Trash talking the Eagles would make more sense if they hadn’t, you know, beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl

Nice to see them fail but neither they, nor the Pats, are particularly good this year and the Eagles won the game that mattered most

A banged up 7-3 team that has beaten 3 teams so far with winning records (more than both teams ahead of them in the conference have to date) is a good team by any definition.

How good remains to be seen but they are a good team.

I get what you're saying, but if you don't want to take pleasure in that team from a schadenfreude perspective, think of it this way: It further illustrates how impressive this Patriots run has been, because the Eagles are just another in a long line of teams who win one and then can't compete the next year. What we take for granted each year is hard for every other team, and nigh impossible for most.

I might be missing one, but I think since 2000, only the Rams, Seahawks, and Patriots (twice) have gone to back to back Super Bowls.

Only the Seahawks and Pats. Rams went in 99 and 01.

tenor.gif

4 NFC East games left with Rams/Texans. I say they still split the Rams/Texans games...and sweep the division games to finish 9-7....which could be enough in the NFC East.

Trash talking the Eagles would make more sense if they hadn’t, you know, beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl

Nice to see them fail but neither they, nor the Pats, are particularly good this year and the Eagles won the game that mattered most

I guess you missed the whole point of the thread.

They will certainly be Desperados on Sunday vs the Vagiants. The loser is all but Eliminated from PO contention.
They’re the new kid in town, I can’t tell you why. They’re going to have a heartache tonight because life in the fast lane ain’t what it seems. They took it to the limit and that peaceful easy feeling is already gone. That long run is just wasted time and they need to get over it…

They will certainly be Desperados on Sunday vs the Vagiants. The loser is all but Eliminated from PO contention.
This is what happens after Superbowls when players live Life In The Fast Lane. I Can't Tell You Why the Iggles' season is Already Gone. I'm sure once they lose next week it'll be another Heartache Tonight-type of deal as it was last night. One of These Night Howie Roseman will figure out whats wrong with the team. Trading top picks to get Tate was The Last Resort to saving the season. Maybe next training camp the team will have a Peaceful Easy Feeling about the 2019 NFL Season.

A banged up 7-3 team that has beaten 3 teams so far with winning records (more than both teams ahead of them in the conference have to date) is a good team by any definition.

How good remains to be seen but they are a good team.

And I think how well you do vs winning teams is a decent indication of how good you really are.

Case in point: 2008 Patriots. 11-5 but they weren’t really as a good team as the record indicates as they were also 1-4 and blown out 3 times (twice at home) vs the AFC playoff field.

This is what happens after Superbowls when players live Life In The Fast Lane. I Can't Tell You Why the Iggles' season is Already Gone. I'm sure once they lose next week it'll be another Heartache Tonight-type of deal as it was last night. One of These Night Howie Roseman will figure out whats wrong with the team. Trading top picks to get Tate was The Last Resort to saving the season. Maybe next training camp the team will have a Peaceful Easy Feeling about the 2019 NFL Season.

Already Gone in a New York minute....

As part of the '****ed by the league' brotherhood I will always have a soft spot for the Saints and Payton.

Watching CSN Philly the last couple of days has been great. It's the most time I've spent there since before the SB. People are now starting to question what Melon-Head Dougie is saying to his team and if it's the same crap that he said at his post-game press conference.
I very highly doubt that it will happen, but I would love to see the Vagiants beat the Philthy birds inside their own cage...and I really, really hate the Vagiants.

Taking pleasure at the struggles of the team who defeated us last Super Bowl is what fans of the other 31 loser franchises do. Not playing.
I’m still not convinced that they’re done. I had the same problem with the Giants for a long time in terms of picking games for pools, etc. These teams are like monsters under the bed. As a matter of fact, I still wouldn’t feel comfortable playing them. Ha.

This thread is not about "trash talking the Eagles"...

It is about the irony of the trash talking that one of their players participated in

Distinct difference...

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back