PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Athletic: Dude with the Red Sleeves is NFL's Top Pass Rusher

This can't be right...PFF has him at 84 out of 101...
Not defending PFF but they have him as 26 out of 104 as a pass rusher. His overall grades drop becasue of his run D.

Document 14-3.jpg

Stop the presses could BB have done something right??..

Not defending PFF but they have him as 26 out of 104 as a pass rusher. His overall grades drop becasue of his run D.

View attachment 36433

Him being 26th best pass rusher for an edge defender is a joke. I don't think you are defending them at all. You are exposing how bad their grading system is.

Any grading system that doesn't have him in the top five or ten as a pass rusher as an edge defender is a flawed system. He has been one of the best pass rushers in the league this year. Can anyone name 25 edge defenders who have been a better pass rusher than him this year? Hell, can anyone name 25 defenders who have been better pass rushers? I would love to see who they have on that list.

Last edited:

View attachment 36433
Not even worth arguing. They're wrong - both in passing and in running - because their metrics simply don't work. I don't buy it at all, ,not at all. Since I've been on this board, whenever PFF came up, some people would criticize it as a joke. I didn't say much because I didn't care enough to look at it. Now with Judon, I completely get it. They suck. End of story.

Him being 26th best pass rusher for an edge defender is a joke. I don't think you are defending them at all. You are exposing how bad their grading system is.

Any grading system that doesn't have him in the top five or ten as a pass rusher as an edge defender is a flawed system. He has been one of the best pass rushers in the league this year. Can anyone name 25 edge defenders who have been a better pass rusher than him this year? Hell, can anyone name 25 defenders who have been better pass rushers? I would love to see who they have on that list.
Here's the 25 ahead of him in the PFF rankings. A lot of good names there.

Document 14-5.jpg

The Athletic article is strictly using "pressure %" for their rankings. So, although there are players with better or similar numbers than Judon, if they had more snaps, then their % would drop. Case in point, look at this from the article. Not sure anyone would agree that White should lead this list just because of the # snaps. All of these rankings have faults in them.

Document 14-8.jpg

The red sleeves is definitely a good look for him and helps make him stand out. usually players have to grow long hair to stand out.

If the weather gets colder and other guys go to red sleeves I suspect Judon will have a problem with that (people trying to impersonate him, haha)

What a signing. Hopefully in a few years it’s looked at like getting Gilmore

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back