PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The #3 Would Be An Extremely Valuable Pick - To Trade

I want the same results as we have seen over the last 24 years.
You're not going to get it. You're going to get, at best, another middling season or two before things turn around. At that point BB will be pushing 75. And there's no guarantee that he does ruin the next QB prospect like he did with Mac.

Marvin Harrison Jr. No matter what!

He has the size 6'4", speed and tools to be a SUPERSTAR player! He has done it for a few years and played his best in the playoffs last year against Georgia (who had a defense filled with NFL players. IF he doesn't get hurt in that game, Ohio St. probably wins.

Plus the whole pedigree thing, he has an unlimited access to his father and his (and Peyton's) knowledge of the game. He is by far the safest pick in the draft and has the skills to be the best player in this draft. I'm sure someone will go up to #1 to grab Williams, I would hold at #2 and grab Harrison Jr. You hardly ever get a chance to draft a generational talent, don't out think yourself, just make the pick and never look back.

He has Randy Moss talent, size and speed, minus the crazy!

You're not going to get it. You're going to get, at best, another middling season or two before things turn around. At that point BB will be pushing 75. And there's no guarantee that he does ruin the next QB prospect like he did with Mac.
I trust that the best chance to improve the franchise is to have the decisions made by the nam who had done the best anyone ever has in that capacity.

I trust that the best chance to improve the franchise is to have the decisions made by the nam who had done the best anyone ever has in that capacity.
Yeah, at a much younger age and with the best QB of all time.

And there was still a 10 year gap between Super Bowl titles.

Player evaluation has changed, the way contracts are constructed has changed, the game itself has changed and he thinks he can still win with D and average at best offensive talent.

BB's one of the best coaches of all time but his time has past.

Raiders, Falcons, and maybe Saints, Seahawks will be teams that could trade up to our #3 spot.
Moving down to #10 or 12 for their 2nd round + 3rd round picks could be transformational.
IMO - better than a huge risk that may bust at #3. (we won't get Harrison)

Yeah, at a much younger age and with the best QB of all time.

And there was still a 10 year gap between Super Bowl titles.

Player evaluation has changed, the way contracts are constructed has changed, the game itself has changed and he thinks he can still win with D and average at best offensive talent.

BB's one of the best coaches of all time but his time has past.
Lol the guy who won 6 SBs went 10 years between is your idea of yeah but.

It’s the same game, he is the same guy.

It's hard to let go sometimes. I know.

Raiders, Falcons, and maybe Saints, Seahawks will be teams that could trade up to our #3 spot.
Moving down to #10 or 12 for their 2nd round + 3rd round picks could be transformational.
IMO - better than a huge risk that may bust at #3. (we won't get Harrison)
You should get at least next years 1 on top of that.

It's hard to let go sometimes. I know.
What’s hard is to endorse a stupid decision to remove the greatest person who has ever done the job from your organization.

Real question -
If Saints wanted to trade up to our #3, to give us their #15 + Carr + their 2nd round pick... would you do it?
Carr isn't great, but has been one of the most consistent and durable QB's the last decade.
He'll turn 33, and has never been on a stable team, with good ownership.
His worst season was with JMD last year.
We could skip the 3 years of headaches with a rookie risk, and maybe pull off what the Rams did with Stafford,
or what the Vikings, Jets and Broncos tried to do with Cousins, Rogers and Wilson.

What’s hard is to endorse a stupid decision to remove the greatest person who has ever done the job from your organization.
Every legendary coach was let go from the organization they had the most success with. People get old. The game changes. It happens.

Marvin Harrison Jr, Drake Maye, Caleb Willams or trade down.
You can’t mess this up and if we draft one and they don’t live up to the potential at least we made the right pick.

Any world where Patriots are 2, want Williams or Maye and trades up a spot to keep another team for trading with Chicago?
If they don’t live up to their potential, how can you say it was the right pick?

Is it so important to follow the accepted wisdom even if the result is bad?

Don’t forget that the Pats were always drafting late, and that is more difficult to find difference makers.

Of course the Pats were only drafting late when they actually had picks, and their picks weren’t stolen by a league trying to bring the Pats back to the pack.

The last time BB drafted this high he went against the experts and chose Richard Seymour.

Don’t forget that the Pats were always drafting late, and that is more difficult to find difference makers.
Teams find difference-makers in the second round all the time. I don't buy this, they're bad because low draft picks". Often the Pats would trade out of the first altogether. Or wouldn't be aggressive enough to move up in the first to get the guy they wanted.

If Robert feels it's too hard of a decision, maybe his son should make the final call. Letting past glory and feelings get in the way just can't be an option. It's time for Bill the GM to go. And we now it's unlikely he stays as just HC

They should not worry about how successful Bill is on another team. It needs to be about the future of the Patriots.

Reid had to move on from the Eagles. The organization needed to move on from him. Everyone knew it. Reid winning 10 titles in KC wouldn't change the fact he wasn't going to win in Phi anymore. Changes sometime are great for everyone.
Who knows what Jonathan is thinking now but a couple years ago he was a guest on one of the local sports shows, he was asked would the Pats ever move on from Bill, Jonathan’s reply was Bill has earned the right to leave when he wants to leave. Now time could have changed Jonathan’s mind.

Marvin Harrison Jr. No matter what!

He has the size 6'4", speed and tools to be a SUPERSTAR player! He has done it for a few years and played his best in the playoffs last year against Georgia (who had a defense filled with NFL players. IF he doesn't get hurt in that game, Ohio St. probably wins.

Plus the whole pedigree thing, he has an unlimited access to his father and his (and Peyton's) knowledge of the game. He is by far the safest pick in the draft and has the skills to be the best player in this draft. I'm sure someone will go up to #1 to grab Williams, I would hold at #2 and grab Harrison Jr. You hardly ever get a chance to draft a generational talent, don't out think yourself, just make the pick and never look back.

He has Randy Moss talent, size and speed, minus the crazy!

I agree he is the most talented receiver in the draft if he leaves OSU. Go back and watch this years game vs Michigan, I watched and came away with a red flag on him. There were a few plays where he had tight coverage on him and he and the defender had a shot at the ball and he gave up, didn’t fight for the ball, the last time it happened was the last drive of the game and the defender intercepted the ball to seal the victory for the game, it was at the end of the game, to not even fight for the reception is alarming.

Every legendary coach was let go from the organization they had the most success with. People get old. The game changes. It happens.
That is not an accurate statement

I agree he is the most talented receiver in the draft if he leaves OSU. Go back and watch this years game vs Michigan, I watched and came away with a red flag on him. There were a few plays where he had tight coverage on him and he and the defender had a shot at the ball and he gave up, didn’t fight for the ball, the last time it happened was the last drive of the game and the defender intercepted the ball to seal the victory for the game, it was at the end of the game, to not even fight for the reception is alarming.
No. Just no. He had no chance on that int, it’s ridiculous to blame him for that. Very weak.

That is not an accurate statement
Eventually the all left the team they were coaching is what I'm saying. They're not coaching from the grave or into their 90's.

Teams find difference-makers in the second round all the time. I don't buy this, they're bad because low draft picks". Often the Pats would trade out of the first altogether. Or wouldn't be aggressive enough to move up in the first to get the guy they wanted.
The patriots draft picks compared to the say 5 players selected after them are largely similar to the other teams with some outliers.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back