PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2017 Mock Draft Thread

With three weeks to go, I do kit see bb trading away jimmy or butler.

#72 hall de Texas a&m
#96 Anderson de/olb Alabama
#131 Sutton CB ten
#163 Beckwith lb lsu
#183 McDermott ot ucla
#200 topou dt Colorado
#239 auclair te laval

What?! No Kittle??!!

The outrage!

;)

With three weeks to go, I do kit see bb trading away jimmy or butler.

#72 hall de Texas a&m
#96 Anderson de/olb Alabama
#131 Sutton CB ten
#163 Beckwith lb lsu
#183 McDermott ot ucla
#200 topou dt Colorado
#239 auclair te laval

Give me that top 3 plus Kittle, Mack Hollins and Delano Hill and I'd be very happy. In fact, short of a Basham or Willis falling to 72, would be my perfect draft.

Last edited:
More rounds from Tony Pauline. Guy is definitely a maverick. Interesting to see where he has players. I'm not sure I get all of his rankings, but I do agree that Johnathan Ford is pretty underrated. Still, first pick of the 4th might be a bit high for him.

Four-Round Mock Draft | Draft Analyst

More rounds from Tony Pauline. Guy is definitely a maverick. Interesting to see where he has players. I'm not sure I get all of his rankings, but I do agree that Johnathan Ford is pretty underrated. Still, first pick of the 4th might be a bit high for him.

Four-Round Mock Draft | Draft Analyst

He also gives the Pats two picks in the 4th ... #131 & #137.

Did a Fanspeak Mock using the Inside The Pylon Big Board. Very pleased with the results.

72 - Tarrell Basham
96 - Julie'n Davenport
131 - George Kittle
163 - Harvey Langi
183 - Delano Hill
200 - Mack Hollins
239 - Jack Tocho

I was torn between Tocho, Bryan Cox and De'Veon Smith for the final pick. Would happily have gone any of the three ways.

You can see who I passed on here if that takes your fancy.

2017 NFL Mock Draft via Fanspeak's On the Clock Mock Draft Simulator

Did a Fanspeak Mock using the Inside The Pylon Big Board. Very pleased with the results.

72 - Tarrell Basham
96 - Julie'n Davenport
131 - George Kittle
163 - Harvey Langi
183 - Delano Hill
200 - Mack Hollins
239 - Jack Tocho

I was torn between Tocho, Bryan Cox and De'Veon Smith for the final pick. Would happily have gone any of the three ways.

You can see who I passed on here if that takes your fancy.

2017 NFL Mock Draft via Fanspeak's On the Clock Mock Draft Simulator

Can one die of binkie overload? Find out in our next episode!

Patriots seven-round mock draft: Pass-rush gets a lift in third round

I think Perry has been reading this board: Patriots seven-round mock draft: Pass-rush gets a lift in third round

Seems optimistic that those players will be available, but this is a great draft for the most part.

The Cohen pick is a little redundant and the McMillan pick is certainly ambitious but I absolutely love the other the picks ( I should because Basham, Davenport and Kittle were my top three picks in my last mock).

New NFL.com mock out. Josh Jones in the first round?? Wow. I thought there was a solid chance that he would be around at at 72.

Chad Reuter 6-round mock draft: Browns take Trubisky No. 1

That's a mixed mock for the Pats. Love the Lawson, Conner and Delano picks. Understand the Langi pick but I'm not really a fan of Hendrickson. Would live with it and understand it to a degree but there are better options like Hollins and Kittle.

Interesting that Davenport and Kpassagnon go with the last two picks of round two. If that means Carl Lawson falls to us in the third, I'm fine with that.

That's a mixed mock for the Pats. Love the Lawson, Conner and Delano picks. Understand the Langi pick but I'm not really a fan of Hendrickson. Would live with it and understand it to a degree but there are better options like Hollins and Kittle.

Interesting that Davenport and Kpassagnon go with the last two picks of round two. If that means Carl Lawson falls to us in the third, I'm fine with that.

When I look at mocks, I'm always looking at the prospects the Pats are projected to leave on the board in order to make that selection, and Lawson at #72 over Anderson (to BAL at #74) is kinda interesting.

Langi at #96 followed by Hendrickson at #131 makes three front-7 defenders with the first three picks. Not that they're bad selections, individually, but that's a significantly narrow focus, although it may well turn out to be pretty close to accurate.

Then, at long last, some help for the secondary at #183 after taking an extremely tall OT at #163?

Leaving CB, RB and TE until #200, #239 and the UDFA scrum? Could happen, I suppose. But it means they passed on a lot of talent.

So much for Switzer, Fred Ross, Perine, Conner, etc. in mocks. A rookie RB or WR literally can't make the team (Amendola restructure and Gillislee 2 year deal pending).

At this point I'm going to just do all defense & Chad Kelly late. :D

So much for Switzer, Fred Ross, Perine, Conner, etc. in mocks. A rookie RB or WR literally can't make the team (Amendola restructure and Gillislee 2 year deal pending).

At this point I'm going to just do all defense & Chad Kelly late. :D

I think we could see a couple of OL drafted although I think a iOL is starting to become more likely than a LT type.

Caserio said today they have 50-75 draftable guys on their board. Two things.

1. They probably have as many on Day 4.

2. Our boards could be closer then Id thought. Of course most of my guys are safeties. Oh wait..

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back