PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Mock draft Thread.

If the team felt it was going to lose Edelman, would the tag be an option to look at? I think they could get something in return.

Would someone give up a day two pick for a guy with over 100 receptions?
Perhaps they could package him and Mallett to one of those quarterback needy teams. I'd love to keep him but I don't know if they can. I'd hate to just sit back and watch both him and Talib just walk away.

Oh well, back to lurking for me.

That seems incredibly ambitious to me, especially the FA signings. I'd be all for it if it happened, but I don't see much chance of all that happening.

Yeah but think what you could do with that offensive line. It's the unstoppable force AND the immovable object.

Just a thought: Is trading Mallett even worth it if the Pats are going to end up paying almost 3x as much for a veteran backup?

If you can get a high enough pick for him, yes.

Just a thought: Is trading Mallett even worth it if the Pats are going to end up paying almost 3x as much for a veteran backup?

Mallett has an $813K cap hit in 2014 and in 2015 we will most likely have to pay him or a replacement more, Basically it is a $700K increase over what we would be paying, if we can get the 33rd overall pick I would do it.

damn, where is all that money coming from?

• Edelman’s cap hit in 2014 is lower and then increases in 2015 when Amendola comes off the books (unless he performs at a high level then we may consider keeping him). If Amendola proves worth keeping, they will be completely clear of Hernandez in 2015 and that money can go towards retaining Edelman and Amendola.

• Talib’s cap hit in 2014 is lower and then increases in 2015 when they are clear of the dead monies from Adrian Gregory Wilson, Ras-I Dowling, and Steven Gregory. We could also cut

• Johnson’s cap hit in 2014 is lower and then increases in 2015 when Wilfork’s restructured contract has a lower cap hit, along with the dead money connected to Tommy Kelly, and Isaac Sopoaga.

• Mack’s cap hit in 2014 is lower and then increases in 2015 when they are clear of the dead money connected to Connolly.

The rest of the players are not that expensive – Cooper, Delmas, Chandler equate to about $6M.

As I said in a prior post, what I am posting is a “dream scenario” but it is possible. We have a messy cap in 2014 but in 2015, we are clean so we can adjust the cap hits, and bonuses accordingly.

Yeah but think what you could do with that offensive line. It's the unstoppable force AND the immovable object.

It would be ridiculous, the size, and the strength:

• LT – Nate Solder 6’8” 320 Lbs.
• LG – Logan Mankins 6’4” 308 Lbs.
• OC – Alex Mack 6’4” 311 Lbs.
• RG – Marcus Cannon 6’5” 335 Lbs.
• RT – Sebastian Vollmer 6’8” 320 Lbs.

I'd love to get Alex Mack and have an OL of Solder-Mankins-Mack-Cannon-Vollmer. I think Gabe Carimi is an excellent low-cost pick up. Mack's a long shot, but not out of the question. It's the combination of Talib, Mack, Michael Johnson, Edelman, Cooper, Delmas, Chandler, Blount, Cassel (playing for 1/3 the money that he turned down in Minnesota), Fletcher and Carimi that I find unlikely. It's a nice fantasy, but not particularly useful as a practical exercise at how to address the team's needs.

I'd love to get Alex Mack and have an OL of Solder-Mankins-Mack-Cannon-Vollmer. I think Gabe Carimi is an excellent low-cost pick up. Mack's a long shot, but not out of the question. It's the combination of Talib, Mack, Michael Johnson, Edelman, Cooper, Delmas, Chandler, Blount, Cassel (playing for 1/3 the money that he turned down in Minnesota), Fletcher and Carimi that I find unlikely. It's a nice fantasy, but not particularly useful as a practical exercise at how to address the team's needs.

Delmas isn't an upgrade over Gregory, Chandler and ASJ are redundant as are Edelman and Cooper and then get a Weeden or a Henne (or whomever) at a cheaper cost than Cassell.

As long as Mack makes it to FA, then I consider him a realistic target. Worst case scenario he signs a Kalil-like deal and his cap hit is 4.6. I'm perfectly ok with that.

In your signature, Develin have walked in untouched with that line.

As long as Mack makes it to FA, then I consider him a realistic target. Worst case scenario he signs a Kalil-like deal and his cap hit is 4.6. I'm perfectly ok with that.

In your signature, Develin have walked in untouched with that line.

I've repeatedly said Mack would be my top target in FA. But I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much.

Gabe Carimi signed with Atlanta today.

Interesting that that article says that Lombardi doesn't value Mack and know Lombardi is in our front office.

Yup. Though it's not clear whether Lombardi simply had other priorities, didn't think a center was worth a franchise tag based on tackles, or didn't think that highly of Mack.

I laughed at these being back to back posts.

Ha ha.

Seriously, though, it seems like he doesn't have very much respect for that program, seeing as the only players he's taken from there are a backup QB who barely played, and a LB who was a 7th-round flyer in one of the worst drafts in NFL history.

Ha ha.

Seriously, though, it seems like he doesn't have very much respect for that program, seeing as the only players he's taken from there are a backup QB who barely played, and a LB who was a 7th-round flyer in one of the worst drafts in NFL history.

At least he's drafted players from there unlike Oklahoma.

Ha ha.

And Armstead kind of.

At least he's drafted players from there unlike Oklahoma.

Soon

rn_a_treymillard2_ms_300.jpg

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down