PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 Combine Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: * The 2012 Combine Drills!! *

Blake, Brewster and Glenn all had very good 10 yard splits.

Also my sleeper guard prospect Kelvin Beachum very good at 1.72.

Heh!! We may have tremendous divergences in our philosophical approaches, my friend, but we definitely have similar tastes in Binkies!!
beer.gif

WTF is up with the gnarly chicks in the SouthWest adverts?? :mad:

Interesting they just ran Brewster through a drill without snapping the ball. Maybe they are taking a look at him as a guard.

Interesting they just ran Brewster through a drill without snapping the ball. Maybe they are taking a look at him as a guard.

Not impressed with Brewster. Doesn't look in full control of himself.

Completely agree, he doesn't look like the athlete I though he was. He also looked a little flabby through the middle. Like you said earlier though, Philip Blake looks very impressive, to me he is ahead of Brewster and Jones. Also very impressed with Cordy Glenn, he looks to be the most impressive OT so far (I think he can play RT).

Completely agree, he doesn't look like the athlete I though he was. He also looked a little flabby through the middle. Like you said earlier though, Philip Blake looks very impressive, to me he is ahead of Brewster and Jones. Also very impressed with Cordy Glenn, he looks to be the most impressive OT so far (I think he can play RT).

The other guy who impressed me was Rishaw Johnson...Nah! kidding. Adam Gettis is the other guy who impressed me - Iowa trained, shame he's under 300 lbs.

Ben Jones has been the pick of the OL so far, outstanding footwork which matches the tape.

Ben Jones has been the pick of the OL so far, outstanding footwork which matches the tape.

The thing that stood out to me the most about Jones is the effort. He gives 100% in absolutely everything he does.

The thing that stood out to me the most about Jones is the effort. He gives 100% in absolutely everything he does.

Just had a discussion with our own NEPD on Twitter about it - the kid has all the desired qualities for the Pats. Looking forwards to his 20 yard shuttle and three cone times.

Really like Zeitler, typical Wisconsin mauler that would mug his granny to pick up a first down, but he's got terrific athleticism to go with it.

Like David DeCastro as a good fit for the Patriots: tough, smart and can pull really well. Was also impressed with Blake.

Last edited:

Kalil with two really solid times.

Like David DeCastro as a good fit for the Patriots: tough, smart and can pull really well. Was also impressed with Blake.

DDC is the best Guard prospect for years IMO. We haven't got a shot at him though.

Kalil with two really solid times.

It's really hard for a guy that big to look fast and he did. I was putting pulling up Brady's run on YouTube and laughing.

McCants up next, really like this kid as a sleeper.

Bobby Massie with two good times.

We're in play for an OT if Light retires, keep your eyes on these guys.

Really like Zeitler, typical Wisconsin mauler that would mug his granny to pick up a first down, but he's got terrific athleticism to go with it.

Saw a good point about Wisconsin linemen, namely that they're coached up to the limit and therefore there's not a lot of upside to them. On the positive side of course is that you get a ready made starter from day one - just don't expect them to get much better.

Ryan Miller looking good.

Saw a good point about Wisconsin linemen, namely that they're coached up to the limit and therefore there's not a lot of upside to them. On the positive side of course is that you get a ready made starter from day one - just don't expect them to get much better.

Not too different to the Iowa kids in all honesty.

Agreed, he takes very big steps and has his weight between his feet, not over them like he should. I did like his head fakes when working against DeCastro:D

I think there will be some good O-line raw material to work with from rounds 3 on, no need to go very early on this one.

Maybe it was just a bad game, but Jones was horrible at the Senior Bowl while Brewster shined..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes