PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

That win vs NYJ was #500 in team history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stats. Still lol. The difference is unlike us, they were nowhere near the top in the 70's; and Eason, who of course played when they beat us here in '86. They also beat us three times in the early 70's. We won the other five meetings in that stretch.

You can make a good case for the Oilers too.

Today's Bengals have won quite a bit, recently under Marvin Lewis.

Are they in any way, shape or form comparable to us this century? No.

The Oilers and the Bengals kept running into the Steelers or they might have had a shot. Also Cincinnati came really close to beating the 49ers twice whereas the Patriots got destroyed by the Bears and by the scoreboard it wasn't close vs the Packers, yes I know and lament all the arguments on how that could have been different.

Today's Bengals vs today's Patriots is like comparing the 70's Steelers to the 70's Patriots or Bengals. That in no way analogous to the Bengals vs Patriots of the 70's and 80's. They were peers in those decades who has some good, some bad and some ugly seasons. Overall in those decades they were both in the middle of the pack which does support your argument that they weren't the destitute franchise they were made out to be. It also supports the Kraft narrative which I support. His coming in was directly after a few of the worst seasons the Pats ever had. He supported the narrative and the rest is history.

Bears-Packers still going strong. Even when both teams suck.

The Pats will benefit from that in coming decades.

Hannah still gets lots. Packers fans are stupid.

Steve. Grogan.

I love Grogan. He was the QB of my childhood but let's be honest, while a tough SOB if he was playing today he'd be Tyrod Taylor.

Raiders fans are the stupidest. Not worse, but definitely stupider than Giants fans.

Their first world 'championship' was stolen - from us.

Try to imagine the Patriots at the beginning of this century without Troy Brown.

That is the impact of the loss of Darryl Stingley.

I can never forgive the Raiders or Tatum. I get it and why being a little older than me they'll always be your #1. Rationally though for anybody my age, 51 in January, while I still hate them there are other rivalries that just have more context now. That said if the Raiders were relevant again that would be kindled anew pronto.

Nothing that ever happened in the series with those other teams [the Holy Roller? Rob Lytle?] ever had the impact, and spawned the bitter, unforgivable hatred between each other that we went through. For the rest of eternity, as long as the Raiders exist, wherever they are, they cannot lose enough.

Amen.

The holding calls against Trent Brown & Cannon were legit; the one against Mason was somewhat less than that, bordering on...borderline.

It smells agenda when it's that lopsided.
I'm not denying that there was an unspoken agenda being assigned to the easily manipulated and corruptible zebras; it wouldn't surprise me if there was. It's just too bad that Brown & Cannon could not have made their mission of finding things to call against the Pats more difficult than they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes