PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank You Jules. (Edelman appreciation thread)

Seriously though. Just a clutch ass tough mfer.

"Gotta step on their throats".

Jules coming out party was 2014 against the Legion of Boom. Jedi status after the Falcons game.

Always liked him better than Welker. Welker would've found a way to drop the pass and Pats would've punted.

I remember opening night 2016 in Phoenix. Brady was suspended. Edelman hit everything in sight that night - even the chain guy I think. He willed the team to victory that night. He physically dominated the Cardinals.

It's been an absolute pleasure to watch his career. He's everything you want in a leader and he'll always be one of the great ones to me.

Thank you Jules!

"By any measure of what constitutes an elite NFL career — wins, championships, production — Julian has it all," Patriots head coach Bill Belichick said in a statement. "Few players can match Julian's achievements, period, but considering his professional trajectory and longevity, the group is even more select. It is historic. This is a tribute to his legendary competitiveness, mental and physical toughness and will to excel. Day in and day out, Julian was always the same: all out. Then, in the biggest games and moments, with championships at stake, he reached even greater heights and delivered some of his best, most thrilling performances.

"For all Julian did for our team, what I may appreciate the most is he was the quintessential throwback player. He could, and did, do everything — catch, run, throw, block, return, cover and tackle — all with an edge and attitude that would not allow him to fail under any circumstance. Julian Edelman is the ultimate competitor and it was a privilege to coach him."
That’s a great tribute to Edelman, and one that is completely deserved.

I love the look on Malcolm Mitchell's face while Jules was telling him what his dad said about closing out a game during the AFCCG.

"My dad always used to tell me when I was a young boy, 'When you've got them down, you break their F'ing neck,' Edelman said, as Mitchell gave him a high five. "That's what he used to tell me. I was like 12. I was like 'Dad, that's kind of a lot.'"

Edit to add:. Mitchell looked like someone who just realized they were sitting next to a serial killer.

Last edited:
Edelman is a legend. Not a Patriot Legend. But an NFL legend. One of the toughest players in league history.

I'm still in awe over the hit he took from Kam Chancellor, then continued down the field after it looked like he was broken in two.

An absolutely amazing player.

I love the look on Malcolm Mitchell's face while Jules was telling him what his dad said about closing out a game during the AFCCG.

"My dad always used to tell me when I was a young boy, 'When you've got them down, you break their F'ing neck,' Edelman said, as Mitchell gave him a high five. "That's what he used to tell me. I was like 12. I was like 'Dad, that's kind of a lot.'"

Edit to add:. Mitchell looked like someone who just realized they were sitting next to a serial killer.
Mitchell was thinking to himself, "That line isn't making it into any of my children's books."

Regards,
Chris

Great guy but his body needs the rest.

It definitely won't be the same without him... Heartbeat of the offense. Get healthy Julian, on to the next challenge.

Gonna miss the hell out of Edelman, True NFL legend. Everyone is going to start the HOF conversation now which is fine, and way too early.. in five years I'll have only two words to say about that.. Joe Namath.

Folks most likely didn't get to see it on TV, but watching from my seat in Section 332, once Crazy Train kicked in and the muskets went off my personal highlight was to watch JE11 come out of the tunnel and full out run the entire length of the field! I am so going to miss it!!!!!

Last edited:
Jules coming out party was 2014 against the Legion of Boom. Jedi status after the Falcons game.

Always liked him better than Welker. Welker would've found a way to drop the pass and Pats would've punted.
Wes was an incredible, great player for us.

He clashed with Bill, like some players do. Looks like we can blame him more for SB46 loss than SB42, but I think Wes tried his best. Far too many good times outnumber the bad occasions. Bad karma for that Jets debacle.

Jules got it. To win, you have to make the big plays - at the big time. Maybe he's not as good a player as Welker - but he earned those rings with blood, sweat, and tears. And for Jules, it was all about the team.
1618274930496.png

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back