PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank You Jules. (Edelman appreciation thread)

DropKickFlutie

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Edelman was the perfect Patriot. California guy just a couple towns south of Tom Brady, he was a 7th round QB convert who worked his arse off at WR. Wasn't the best at catching both at the start of his career or end of career. Worked real hard at this. He was super clutch in the playoffs. Heart of a Champion. A weekly David vs weekly Goliath, so many defenders that he torched. His catch over 3 defenders will never be forgotten, one of the greatest catches in the history of football. Incredible. Thanks Jules for an incredible career and best wishes in life.

DKF.

Last edited:
I love Julian Edelman. I have no problem proclaiming that. Just like I had no problem proclaiming I love Tom Brady. My two favorites of the early dynasty were Brady and Bruschi (whom I also love), and the later dynasty were Brady and Edelman. Edelman gave his all. He was a warrior. Especially in the playoffs. We will always have those memories of Edelman destroying DBs in the playoffs.

I remember seeing him return his 1st punt return for a TD (preseason I believe), still have that picture on my computer from back when he did that. Just an amazing career, amazing player, and he’ll be missed more than he’ll ever know.

I freaking love Jules. I'm tearing up as I type this. Some guys show it off their rookie year. I will never forget Jules' first punt return TD or Rondo's steal off in-bounds pass as a rookie. I will repeatedly always show videos of his grit and beating 3 defenders for the same ball and winning. He was the perfect PATRIOT.

Last edited:
From the first punt return (August 13 2009) to the last hobbled catch on Oct 25 2020 . Jules was my favourite Patriot Player.

I said my quiet goodbye some time ago. Today his legend takes over..

Preseason 2009 punt return lands him the job (at 2:00)

(share your fav moments walking down this incredible memory lane if you care..)

-.-

Last edited:
"By any measure of what constitutes an elite NFL career — wins, championships, production — Julian has it all," Patriots head coach Bill Belichick said in a statement. "Few players can match Julian's achievements, period, but considering his professional trajectory and longevity, the group is even more select. It is historic. This is a tribute to his legendary competitiveness, mental and physical toughness and will to excel. Day in and day out, Julian was always the same: all out. Then, in the biggest games and moments, with championships at stake, he reached even greater heights and delivered some of his best, most thrilling performances.

"For all Julian did for our team, what I may appreciate the most is he was the quintessential throwback player. He could, and did, do everything — catch, run, throw, block, return, cover and tackle — all with an edge and attitude that would not allow him to fail under any circumstance. Julian Edelman is the ultimate competitor and it was a privilege to coach him."

I'm so pumped up looking at this photo. F Yea! I was with some friends once, this may sound weird but once while traveling in LA I saw Jules playing ping pong outside with some people and didn't want to interrupt plus had my group of non-Pats friends with me, but he was having a good time. Jules was the most clutch receiver slightly overtaking Bingo Troy Brown as my favorite receiver ever.

Last edited:

That whole game will never be forgotten, even 40 years from now. Edelman was all fire, never quit, love your teammates, just the perfect Patriot ever. Edelman>Welker 100% of the time. Welker was great but the fire, grit, will to win, I am so so happy Edelman developed and we won 3 rings with this CHAMPION.

I'm so pumped up looking at this photo. F Yea! I was with some friends once in LA, this may sound weird but I saw Jules playing ping pong outside with some people and didn't want to interrupt plus had my group of non-Pats friends with me, but he was having a good time. Jules was the most clutch receiver slightly overtaking Bingo Troy Brown as my favorite receiver ever.

It was the quintessential image of Jules, I called it Superedelman!

Once a Patriot, always a Patriot. A joy to watch. He left everything out there, every single time.

That whole game will never be forgotten, even 40 years from now. Edelman was all fire, never quit, love your teammates, just the perfect Patriot ever. Edelman>Welker 100% of the time. Welker was great but the fire, grit, will to win, I am so so happy Edelman developed and we won 3 rings with this CHAMPION.
The GW TD in what may well have been the greatest NFL game of all time

The GW TD in what may well have been the greatest NFL game of all time

Oh man I'm getting so worked up now. F YEA!! Seriously you have a guy like Edelman plus Gronk, it doesn't get better than this. Both btw not drafted by the current OC, sorry had to throw this in... but anyways, Edelman I am getting super charged up right now, you talk about heart, grit, concentration, being a winning competitor, and someone who also clicked perfectly with the GOAT QB Brady, I mean we have to give the biggest send-off here for Jules. Love this dude.

Edelman embodies everything that makes a Boston professional athlete. He gave everything out there and played every snap as if it was his last. He is my favorite Boston athlete since Brady and Kevin Garnett, no I don't care he wasn't as good as those two.

This is a sad day.

Thanks for everything Jules. We'll miss you!

Edelman embodies everything that makes a Boston professional athlete. He gave everything out there and played every snap as if it was his last. He is my favorite Boston athlete since Brady and Kevin Garnett, no I don't care he wasn't as good as those two.

This is a sad day.

You talk about effort and playing any snap that can help the team, Jules retiring now is like Bingo retiring except Jules was a slightly better receiver with an ICONIC play that will forever stand the test of time in Patriots lore.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back